Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eugaet']OK, then, Mr. Flashy Pants...why are Kasumi's and Overlord marked at 37.5% off in the OP? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aperry']Kasumi's Stolen Memory and Overlord are normally
560 MSP each, so the discount is actually 64.3%.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot to subtract after I divided. :lol:

[quote name='Abeja']The Blood Dragon Armor for your avatar is on sale for 160 pts, but its Gold exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I'll add it to the OP

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm still debating Hydro Thunder... really wasn't on my radar but the price has throw me off... Any thoughts from people who bought it today?[/QUOTE]

Lovin Hydro. Demo was ok. Full game is blood pumping and I've only played 3 of the 8 courses. Right up there with Wave Race as far as I'm concerned!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I just played it for a couple hours and really enjoyed it. I plan on playing this game to 100% completion. At 5 dollars I'd give it a 10/10 rating. For $15 it would have been like a 7.5/10 for me.

I'm kind of biased because I bought the original for $60 on 9-9-99 on the first day the dreamcast came out. I played that game for hours upon hours.

$5 isn't much at all compared to the $60 i spent ten years ago.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it'd be enjoyable for someone who didn't play the original? I love F-Zero and Wave Race games, but dislike most other racers.

Edit: Thanks for the impressions, guys. I'm away traveling and can't try the demo :(

Wow, I would never have guessed that I'd be able to get all three for just 600! I was sure I'd have to redeem my last 1600 point card, but now I actually have a couple hundred points leftover!

Big thanks to reddjoey for maintaining the thread. There's a strong possibility I miss out on deals like this without seeing a thread on CAG as I rarely check the marketplace.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Still need to finish the first Mass Effect. Should I still get the DLCs now or wait for them to go on sale some other time?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you'll ever find them this cheap again. Though you could wait and hope they release a game of the year edition or somewhere where they pack in all the DLC.

I certainly picked up all 3. What a great deal.

[quote name='sharingan501']Overload and Kasumis memory show up as 200 on the marketplace but when I go to click on them they are at 560 msp.[/QUOTE]

You have to keep refreshing or they fixed the early drop in price. If you can't get it now, the deals will go live at 3am EST/12am PST

[quote name='kevgret']Just read a few reviews and they all said overlord and lair of the shadow broker are around 2 hours or so long and worth the price of admission.

The stolen memory dlc was rated around a 6-7 and most agree it's not as good as the other two.[/QUOTE]
Those reviews are nuts. Stolen Memory is a really fun mission, but what makes it great is the new squadmember (you'll use her all the time on Insanity) and the awesome SMG.

Well like any true CAG I am disappointed that I got Kasumi and Overlord at 400 awhile back and still have not played them but the Shadow Broker for 200 points makes it sting a little less. Anyone considering the DLC should get in at this price. I would think it might never go this low again.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']I don't know if you'll ever find them this cheap again. Though you could wait and hope they release a game of the year edition or somewhere where they pack in all the DLC.

I certainly picked up all 3. What a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Right now I only have enough for 2 though =/
Anyone got suggestions on which 2 to get? Unless someone wants to sell me a 100 MSP code :D

Sweet prices... got all 3 of the ME2 DLC.

For all those new people that got ME2 cheap recently. Don't forget that if you purchased Dragon Age NEW, there was a DLC code for "Blood Dragon Armor" for Shepard.

I was looking at the available DLC when I got the game and saw that there was armor included with new copies of Dragon Age. Opened my box and there it was.

All I have to say is "Wow".
Very pleasant surprise for Shadow Broker.

Will think a bit more for the other 2 DLC. If it doesn't advance the story in any meaningful way I will probably skip them.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Right now I only have enough for 2 though =/
Anyone got suggestions on which 2 to get? Unless someone wants to sell me a 100 MSP code :D[/QUOTE]

id go with overlord and lair of the shadow broke, but kasumi was a fun character to play with, so if you wanted a new character to play around with, you may want to get the stolen memory over overlord..... get shadow broker though.

Just a heads up to the people that try and buy the Mass Effect 2 DLCs right now 10pm EST monday if you try and do it on your xbox overlord is listed at 200 points but when you go to buy its at 560 points. So keep a eye out for that, however if you buy overlord from xbox.com it will work at 200 points.

I liked bushido blade heard deadliest warrior was similar so blind buy. Crap time to get a new HD. :( my 120 is full as of the mass effect 2 dlc. might go delete some stuff I am not replaying to download again later.

[quote name='darrenaero']Right up there with Wave Race as far as I'm concerned![/QUOTE]

whoa.. thats a bold statement.

but yea its been pretty good. def worth 400 points. I liked the original so it was a no brainer

Man, I'm really torn. I was going to wait for the Mass Effect 2 GOTY/Platinum hits edition, but the prices on this DLC are almost too good to pass up. Of course, then I'd still have to buy the game, but I'm sure I can find it for a decent price before too long.

The only thing is, it'd be nice to have the DLC on disc - I much prefer that to digital downloads. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go that route with a PH/GOTY edition instead of what they did with DA:O.

Man, decisions decisions....

I wanted to buy all 3 ME2 DLC but I, along with many others, are getting error messages on Xbox.com and on my console. Point cards can't be redeemed and points can't be bought via credit card as of right now for some reason.

I hope M$ fixes this before the ME2 deal expires tomorrow.

C'mon, you know you want my money, M$...

I actually just signed up for XBox Live because of this (and it was 'bout time).

But I'm seeing the DLC not on sale from my console but I am online.

Tomorrow will these DLC be at the 200 points on my 360?

[quote name='INCyr']Man, I'm really torn. I was going to wait for the Mass Effect 2 GOTY/Platinum hits edition, but the prices on this DLC are almost too good to pass up. Of course, then I'd still have to buy the game, but I'm sure I can find it for a decent price before too long.

The only thing is, it'd be nice to have the DLC on disc - I much prefer that to digital downloads. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go that route with a PH/GOTY edition instead of what they did with DA:O.

Man, decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

ME2 was $10 just after black friday and $11 a week or two ago. If you buy the DLC now and get it when it drops back to that price it'll be cheaper than getting the GOTY package. Of course there are some armor packs and other things that may be included, but the meat and potatoes of the game are in these three packs and what's on the disc.

[quote name='INCyr']Man, I'm really torn. I was going to wait for the Mass Effect 2 GOTY/Platinum hits edition, but the prices on this DLC are almost too good to pass up. Of course, then I'd still have to buy the game, but I'm sure I can find it for a decent price before too long.

Man, decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

Well, you have to look at it this way. Right now, ME2 can be found for $19.99 or less at a LOT of places. Add 600 points to that for all the mission DLC, comes to around $7.50; not counting the various Weapon/Skin packs that run at around 160points each(total around $8).

So, $36 or so get's you all the DLC and the game. Judging by the trends of others, like Dragon Age and Borderlands, an "Ultimate" Edition usually runs about $60. You save roughly $24, which is worth it. If you don't mind waiting even longer, I guarantee whatever Ultimate Edition that may come out will hit $30-$40 at some point like Bad Company 2 Ultimate has.

[quote name='louiedog']ME2 was $10 just after black friday and $11 a week or two ago. If you buy the DLC now and get it when it drops back to that price it'll be cheaper than getting the GOTY package. Of course there are some armor packs and other things that may be included, but the meat and potatoes of the game are in these three packs and what's on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I had known that the DLC was going to be this cheap, I would have bit on the game at $10 bucks. Hoping that it'll drop that low again.

And the other packs would be nice, but aren't really important. Usually the weapons you get in those things aren't much better than in game items, or are eventually replaced. Ugh. This is a tough decision.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I actually just signed up for XBox Live because of this (and it was 'bout time).

But I'm seeing the DLC not on sale from my console but I am online.

Tomorrow will these DLC be at the 200 points on my 360?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='guyver2077']whoa.. thats a bold statement.

but yea its been pretty good. def worth 400 points. I liked the original so it was a no brainer[/QUOTE]

Maybe a slight oversell, but yeah I'd put it right behind Wave Race. HD and online definitely help bump it up.

Did not have to think hard about purchasing these three packs of DLC for Mass Effect 2. If you where to buy the Mass Effect 2 GOTY edition you might have to wait until they drop the price pass $20.00. If you are out of points you could easily purchase the 2 of out the 3 for around $5.00.
Overall , this is probably the lowest you will see the three packs go so I highly recommend buying them.
Thank you for the update , I was waiting for the prices to be revealed since the first Holiday day sale.

This is an insanely good deal for the ME2 DLC... i owned the first two but buying Lair of the Shadow Broker is the easiest 200 points I'll ever spend.

So this may have been asked already, but what is the source for speculation on the Sonic deal day? I'm saving my points for Sonic Adventure, but I want Hydro Thunder Hurricane as well... I'd hate to miss out on Hydro Thunder if Sonic Adventure doesn't go on sale. I just don't see how they got the Sonic deals out of the hint that was given.

[quote name='Luriden']So this may have been asked already, but what is the source for speculation on the Sonic deal day? I'm saving my points for Sonic Adventure, but I want Hydro Thunder Hurricane as well... I'd hate to miss out on Hydro Thunder if Sonic Adventure doesn't go on sale. I just don't see how they got the Sonic deals out of the hint that was given.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure where exactly it was originally revealed, but I do know that this is confirmed by Sega themselves.

Holy shit, ME2 DLC on sale today Dec 28th, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi's Stolen Memory, and Overlord all for 200 points each? HELL YES!!!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am not sure where exactly it was originally revealed, but I do know that this is confirmed by Sega themselves.[/QUOTE]

Oh, very nice. Did they confirm any prices?

[quote name='Luriden']So this may have been asked already, but what is the source for speculation on the Sonic deal day? I'm saving my points for Sonic Adventure, but I want Hydro Thunder Hurricane as well... I'd hate to miss out on Hydro Thunder if Sonic Adventure doesn't go on sale. I just don't see how they got the Sonic deals out of the hint that was given.[/QUOTE]

Sega sent out an email with a mega-sale. The only thing for the 360 was After Burner Climax and the hint listed in the OP. Taking that hint and the other info in the OP is how we got here

TL;DR - Read the OP

Hint was given in an E-mail sent out by Sega.

@kingofoldschool, I'm on an iPhone, the numbers and letters get all mixed up on the first page so I cant read the date, if your not gonna help don't be a fucking jerk

[quote name='abhinav']This is an insanely good deal for the ME2 DLC... i owned the first two but buying Lair of the Shadow Broker is the easiest 200 points I'll ever spend.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I know I picked up the other 2 on sale for 400 MSP each thinking it was a good deal. Now I feel somewhat ripped off when coupled with the Alan Wake and Crackdown 2 DLC being on sale for super cheap. You win some, you lose some. Here's hoping Limbo is 400 MSP!!!

Wow I'd feel bad about buying the first 2 ME2 dlc packs but I got them when they were on sale last time & used them to count towards the spend $30 get $8 back or whatever it was during november. So it was a solid bargain at the time. Was hoping the last one would go on sale this time and wow what a deal!

Isn't there supposed to be more DLC for ME2 speaking of? The bridge between 2 & 3 is still forthcoming, no? Been waiting for it to arrive to start the game but I think I'm going to start anyway now.

Does anyone know how many items you can queue up on xbox.com? I can't get to my xbox until january and would like to get all 3 mass effect DLCs, limbo, Monday night combat and castle crashers. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back