Live Gold 3mo - $15, 12mo -$35 @ Sears.com till 11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
A good deal for those who missed out on earlier deals or aren't getting the target ads on the dashboard.

Sears is offering 12mo Gold subscriptions for $35 (normally $49.99) and 3mo Gold subscriptions for $15 (normally $19.99) This is online only, but Sears.com offers in-store pickup. Shipping is $6.95, but free for orders over $49.

UPDATE: YMMV now as website is only allowing Pick-up and some most stores are now OOS. Amazon has a decent deal as well.

FYI: LIVE has added new features. Gold allows LIVE users:

• LIVE Multiplayer
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Last.fm unlimited plays
  • Netflix streaming
  • Early access to certain content
Kmart allegedly has the same deal, but it's not showing up on the site.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Diebythesword']They said they will be sold online, hopefully it's in store too

The Best Buy deal dead?[/QUOTE]

ended Saturday 11/14

Link says it's on their websites only, and their websites show as $49.99 (Sears) and no 12mo card (Kmart).

this deal starts on the 17th, online only, through the 21st for Sears and Kmart.
buy.com has their price at 39.99, free shipping

[quote name='jletkiew']its only 9.99 on live right now for 3 months. you have to buy it from the dashboard[/QUOTE]

Yep - if you just want 3 months that's the better deal, but if you want 12 months, $35 is cheaper by 5 bucks. If you have to pay shipping, though, that could kill or mostly eliminate this deal.

EDIT: in any case this deal seems to be nowhere in site on their web sites. Prices are MSRP, at least at the moment, and no 12-month card on the kmart site at all as others have noted. I've got a kmart near where I work so I'm going to check at lunch to see if they are running a deal on them in-store.

how do you buy it from the dashboard? On sat. I searched the whole dashboard for about 10mins looking for the 10.00 deal and couldn't find it.

It's the second image over on the Spotlight tab when you first turn on your system.

Then again, it may only be valid for current Live subscribers. It does say "Don't let your Live expire, Renew Today for $9.99" or something like that.

[quote name='Corvin']It's the second image over on the Spotlight tab when you first turn on your system.

Then again, it may only be valid for current Live subscribers. It does say "Don't let your Live expire, Renew Today for $9.99" or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a targeted offer. People keep mentioning this like it's available to everyone. It's not. I'm a current Live subscriber and don't have it. .

my xbl gold expired yesterday...but i still have a 48card from mw2..... I don't see the 3month for 10 deal. The only deal I see is the 20% off gold 12months for only 3.33/month which is priced at 39.99. I really don't like the 12month cards because i'm not really a multiplayer type of gamer, mostly just single player so in my eyes the 12month xbl is useless. I even came to the conclusion that the 3month was too because I bought i strictly for madden 10. I played madden intill late september and haven't played online since. Last Friday I picked up mw2...in which i played it only one time online(coop spec-ops) since i'vve had it.

Idk, I guess i'll just dish out the 39.99 for the 12months and hope that I can find a multiplayer game that I like(i can't stand wasting money).

I'ma throw in this 48hr code and see if i can find the 10.00 deal, if I don't see it then i'll just pay the 39.99.

Hmmm....this is good deal. I want to go for the three-month trial, but I decided to go with the 12-month trial for Live Gold at $39.99 instead. Online Achievements ahoy! :)

[quote name='michael90002002']i'm not really a multiplayer type of gamer, mostly just single player so in my eyes the 12month xbl is useless. [/QUOTE]

Gold is not just for MP anymore. Gold also gets you Netflix and now Facebook, Twitter & Last.fm(YMMV on their actual usefulness). Having Gold also gets you early access to a lot of demos and the XBL Deal of the Week.

Updated the post with some of the discussion. Thanks for the updated info guys.

I'm hoping Sears will let you pickup in store. That of course would make this deal really rock

Both K-Mart and Sears had their sites down for upgrades. Now that both sites are back up, K-Mart doesn't even have 12 months cards, and Sears is still $49.99. Maybe the sales don't start until 6am or something?

Sears.com deal is nowhere to be found and there is only 1 such card available in my area according to the web site. Kmart is just like yesterday as well. I'll check the kmart across the street when I go to lunch today, but I'm starting to think this deal is a bust.

6:30pm est, still not up. Not available at Kmart and Sears lists it at $50. Both of these stores suck for deals. I'll believe when I see it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yep - if you just want 3 months that's the better deal, but if you want 12 months, $35 is cheaper by 5 bucks. If you have to pay shipping, though, that could kill or mostly eliminate this deal.

EDIT: in any case this deal seems to be nowhere in site on their web sites. Prices are MSRP, at least at the moment, and no 12-month card on the kmart site at all as others have noted. I've got a kmart near where I work so I'm going to check at lunch to see if they are running a deal on them in-store.[/QUOTE]

Also if you have a Microcenter near you (or can ask a fellow CAG'r to pick one up) they are offering 3-Month XBL cards w/ headset for $9.99 (all month long).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back