LIVE Lightning Deal Tritton AX Pro Dolby Digital Precision Gaming Headset $119.99

Damn... CamelCamelCamel says lowest price has been $140... That's tempting... But these aren't wireless???? I thought they were, but they obviously aren't on the product page. I think with the next pair I get, I'd rather go wireless...

I wish they'd put the TB DSS on sale for ~$63 again. I'd definitely buy one now that I know how much I love headphone gaming.

[quote name='FerDK']Amazon hint: Your game never sound better.

Lightning deal starts 10am PDT
[/QUOTE]

How did you know which headset it was?

Another note, earlier this week I bought the 360 wired controller from lightning deals for twenty bucks, and I received two controllers the next day instead of just one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xvorticity']How did you know which headset it was?

Another note, earlier this week I bought the 360 wired controller from lightning deals for twenty bucks, and I received two controllers the next day instead of just one.[/QUOTE]

There are several plug-in/extensions for browsers that "reveal" the Gold Box deal

[quote name='reddjoey']There are several plug-in/extensions for browsers that "reveal" the Gold Box deal[/QUOTE]

kudos

Meh. I always get excited to buy a gaming headset then after thinking about it for two minutes I convince myself "gaming" headsets are stupid and I should just get better sound quality headphones for a cheaper price. I primarily want to use them for my PC anyway.

Great price at $120... But they're really not tempting, since they're not wireless... If I wanted surround, at this point, I'd get a TB DSS...

I had it in my cart for 15 minutes, then convinced myself I didn't need another $100+ headset. I'll stick with my Sennheiser HD280 Pro. :D

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Damn... CamelCamelCamel says lowest price has been $140... That's tempting... But these aren't wireless???? I thought they were, but they obviously aren't on the product page.[/QUOTE]

They were $130 once, but also on a Lightning Deal. This is the lowest I've seen. And definitely not wireless: optical cable from source to decoder, power supply wire, wire from headset to decoder...

How does this compare to the Turtle Beach X41? ...Or just how do Tritton headsets compare to Turtle Beach in general.

I already have a Turtle Beach X4, but I'm thinking of getting a newer one, but it seems I always hear people say better things about Turtle Beach's offerings than Trittons.

I just bite on this one. Use all my credits to get it for $58 bucks which I couldn't pass up. I already have the DPX21's but bought these to see the difference between the two. Heard it was better. They say these AX Pro's are true surround sound compare to the PX21 w/ the DSS that are just simulated sound. The turtle beaches are great and still a good value if you looking for something cheaper.

[quote name='JayFx2']Are these the updated version with 1 ac adapter instead of 2?[/QUOTE]

Those have been out for >1 year now.

I personally have these and a pair of Astro's. I have listened to the TB and used the TB DSS. I would rate any of the TB products well below either the Tritton's or Astro's. As for the DSS, it is far inferior to either the Astro wired or wireless Mixamp products.

The AX pro is good, but the 720 is bett IMO. I rate both Astro products and the 720's over the AX Pro.

bread's done
Back