LIVE NOW (12/20): new $10 off $100 + $10 off $50 voucher (later) at Amazon (w/MC)

pinoy81

CAGiversary!
EDIT 2: Deal is live as of 12/20, 12 AM PST.

EDIT: looks like it's happening again on 12/20, so check the link at that time. This is a heads-up:

Mastercard and Amazon have a promotion up (today only?) where you get $10 off a $100 purchase + a voucher for a future $10 off $50 purchase. Only requirement is to make your purchase using a mastercard and use the following promo code

Looks like it's a user-generated code:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...-002&tag=cheapassgam08-20&camp=19495352023019

They had something similar last month and earlier this month but it looks like it's back and can be used again!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eugaet']Well, as I stated in my post, this was not the case on the second code. At least for me. It did work this way on the first code, however.

I'll give this 3rd chance a go and make sure there's at least a couple cents that spill over onto the MC this time.[/QUOTE]

Actually, as long as you have gift card credit added to your account, you can place the order with the second code using Mastercard only and then immediately open the invoice of the placed order and pay off the balance with gift card credit. That's what I did with mine a few days back and it worked fine.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually, as long as you have gift card credit added to your account, you can place the order with the second code using Mastercard only and then immediately open the invoice of the placed order and pay off the balance with gift card credit. That's what I did with mine a few days back and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]Oh right. I forgot about that option...again.

Blasphemy!!

;)

[quote name='aardarf']I think I'm all buy'd out... don't have anything else to get at this point. HUEG backlog FTW.[/QUOTE]

Deal is live! :D

[quote name='pinoy81']EDIT 2: Deal is live as of 12/20, 12 AM PST.

Mastercard and Amazon have a promotion up (today only?) where you get $10 off a $100 purchase + a voucher for a future $10 off $50 purchase. Only requirement is to make your purchase using a mastercard and use the following promo code

Looks like it's a user-generated code:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...-002&tag=cheapassgam08-20&camp=19495352023019

They had something similar last month and earlier this month but it looks like it's back and can be used again![/QUOTE]

Seems they may have fixed the pre-order shenanigans.

Ninja edit: Maybe not, just had to do some hoop jumping to get it to work again. Hooray!

OK, well...I just placed an order with this promo. Had $5.21 charged to the MC after credit. Immediately afterwards I added another gift card to my account and applied it to the order. It reduced my available credit by $16.06...an additional $10.85, which is the cost of one of the items purchased. So it *looks* like I was double charged for that item...but the remaining charges against my credit are still listed as pending. So maybe it'll be fine after everything ships.

Thanks! ordered a GPS for my gf xmas gift... Plus free next day shipping with a free trial of prime :)
Also used my prior 10 dollars coupon with the skyrim CE guide and hasbro family game night..
Sweet deal!

[quote name='jessesixto']I wonder if this will work with the previous $10 off email coupon from the past deal?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I tried stacking the promo codes last week and it doesn't work. They have to be used separately.

What "hoop jumping" did you do??? It won't work on my SFxT pre-order + other stuff....

Ninja Edit Too: Ahh, you sneaky bastard... I got it to work also.

Okay so, I applied the promotion to an order and saw the $10 deducted, even got email stating final price with discount. Later when checking my order details/invoice the $10 was added back (as though never taken off), called amazon and first they gave me some mess about it happening cause I applied gift cards/credits, etc. Then after 20min hold rep comes back and says it is just the way amazon's system works since the deal is coming from Mastercard. Mastercard will take the $10 off from my next billing statement. Now those that have done this before is this normal/true?

I just called MasterCard and they said they have no information about the promotion.(??) Hopefully I can get this straightened out.

----

Chat with Amazon rep. Basically after providing proof of the promotion, etc. He gave me promotional credit. Wow. I did not think this would be so much hassle. Thank goodness I documented every step of my order. Before I could just order and be done. Now I have to take screen shots of stuff & keep backups of email (which I did) just to have proof in case a fast one is pulled!

bread's done
Back