LIVE popups during DVD playback

catapult37

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Maybe I should have realized how to do this by now, but is there any way to disable "XXXX is online" popups during DVD playback, other than disconnecting from LIVE?

I think it's under Personal Settings>Notifications. You can access personal settings by selecting your Gamertag on the Dashboard. I'm not exactly sure on the location, but there is an option to disable them somewhere.

From xbox.com

To block on-screen notifications
  1. Press the Xbox Guide button.
  2. Select Personal Settings, then:
    • To temporarily block notifications and display your online status as busy, select Online Status, Busy.
    • To block notifications ongoingly, select Notifications.

The console's default setting is to accept both visual and aural notifications. To turn off visual notifications, deselect Show Notifications. To turn off notifications during movies only, deselect Show During Movies. To turn off aural notifications, deselect Play Sound.
  3. Press the Xbox Guide button again to return to your previous activity.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I think it's under Personal Settings>Notifications. You can access personal settings by selecting your Gamertag on the Dashboard. I'm not exactly sure on the location, but there is an option to disable them somewhere.[/quote]

That also works, theres an option that says show during videos that you can uncheck.

[quote name='SynGamer']That's quite sad that there isn't a setting to turn off notifications during movie or music playback...[/QUOTE]
read two posts above yours....

bread's done
Back