LiveStrong Bracelet

LF2

CAGiversary!
Greetings everyone. I was just wondering if any of you could tell me where I could buy a LiveStrong bracelet from. I know Lance Armstrongs site has them, but I don't want to wait 3-4 weeks for it to ship, and I never buy anything on Ebay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can get them for a $1 donation to the Armstrong's Foundation (not sure for what...forgot). @ the nike stores. You might wanna call some stores and see if they have them. Footlocker or Niketown. I got one from the Nike Outlet in Palm Springs. They had a whole bunch of them.

Are they really "nice" deathcab? They're just crappy bright yellow plastic bands. And conformity kills! I though you'd know that if you listened to deathcabforcutie... In my school, sometimes the livestrong bracelet is a way to point out the kinds who are oh so desperate to look cool, it's kinda pathetic. Oh and the foundation is for cancer research...

My parents were visiting France when the Tour was going on and they said that at the airport people were handing the Livestrong armbands out like candy. They snagged about a dozen of them and brought them home. I have one, but I'm not going to deal it. I guess if you go to France you can snag a dozen! :lol:

[quote name='Forest Mercenary']Are they really "nice" deathcab? They're just crappy bright yellow plastic bands. And conformity kills! I though you'd know that if you listened to deathcabforcutie... In my school, sometimes the livestrong bracelet is a way to point out the kinds who are oh so desperate to look cool, it's kinda pathetic. Oh and the foundation is for cancer research...[/quote]

Yeah god forbid that people donate money to help out society, let's redicule them for it :roll: I have one but I'll likely never wear it. I have something against the color yellow for some reason (I'm convinced I was tramatized as a kid or something), and it is pretty tight on my wrist. Yet I think anyone who gives money to fund cancer research dserves a little respect. Someone posted about the Unite bands too, and even though they are a little more it's all going to a good cause so I'll try and pick up one of those as well if I get the extra money soon.

If you really want one, just get a other couple people who want them and order them directly from the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Or better yet order 10 on your own and give them out. But that way the money actually goes to the right place. Even though you have to wait, it works a lot better. Places like Footlocker, Champs, and Bike Stores have them but recently they've been selling out a lot. Thats why theres the 3-4 weeks wait when you order directly. It really doesn't take that long. I ordered some awhile back, comes out to about $15. Now I don't even have one because most of the time when people asked me about it, I just gave them one. Thats what its really about, its suposed catch on so the foundation raises more money. Now that I think about it, I'll probably go and order another 10 or maybe even 20. Those assholes who are selling them for $20 each on ebay can all go to hell. Oh and Duo, they're yellow cause they catch peoples eyes easier.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Oh and Duo, they're yellow cause they catch peoples eyes easier.[/quote]

Are ya sure about that? Me thinks they're yellow to match the Tour de France leader's jersey color. 8)

Well I'm sure there was a reason to making them yellow, but it's just not my color so to speak. I actually gave the one I had to a friend today because she was talking about them this morning, and I figured it's better that someone wear it versus no one wearing it. Plus the money goes to a great cause either way.

[quote name='"Duo_Maxwell"'][quote name='Forest Mercenary']- Someone posted about the Unite bands too, and even though they are a little more it's all going to a good cause so I'll try and pick up one of those as well if I get the extra money soon.[/quote]

Until, not Unite.

everyone at my highschool has one........its just anoying, im sure some will give me them

IBTN.

That's why I'm getting a unite.org bracelet. At least those are actually nice.

anyone ever get these in? i ordered 2+ weeks ago and i haven't even got an email saying they shipped or any status of any kind. to the person who said they got theirs on backorder, how long did it take for yours to ship after you placed your order?

http://www.laf.org/

As far as I know, you have to buy them in bulk and this is the official site for it. I guess you could get a bunch of friends together and do it. Also, local bike shops should have them.

I guess that's all I know. It's rather nice rubber. Not stretchy like a rubber band, but elastic enough to get around your fist. A matte finish on the outside and a shiny one on the inside, to stop chaffing is my guess.

[quote name='pacifickarma']
Are ya sure about that? Me thinks they're yellow to match the Tour de France leader's jersey color. 8)[/quote]
If it was to match his jersey it would have the USPS logo all over it :D

yeah i got some ordered from laf.org and i was just wondering how long they took to get in.

they're just like the other nike baller id bracelets that said "baller" "team" "respect" etc... on them awhile back but a guy at hibbetts told me they stopped making those kind. hmm.

[quote name='pacifickarma']My parents were visiting France when the Tour was going on and they said that at the airport people were handing the Livestrong armbands out like candy. They snagged about a dozen of them and brought them home. I have one, but I'm not going to deal it. I guess if you go to France you can snag a dozen! :lol:[/quote]

He probably brought a bunch of them to be given out for the tour de france, it'd build up popularity and get more people to order them from the site. I find it od though that something so simple as a rubberized plastic band with a phrase stamped into it would take so long to produce to fill the orders (which are reported pretty heavy), they should be really easy to mass produce.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If you really want one, just get a other couple people who want them and order them directly from the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Or better yet order 10 on your own and give them out. But that way the money actually goes to the right place. Even though you have to wait, it works a lot better. Places like Footlocker, Champs, and Bike Stores have them but recently they've been selling out a lot. Thats why theres the 3-4 weeks wait when you order directly. It really doesn't take that long. I ordered some awhile back, comes out to about $15. Now I don't even have one because most of the time when people asked me about it, I just gave them one. Thats what its really about, its suposed catch on so the foundation raises more money. Now that I think about it, I'll probably go and order another 10 or maybe even 20. Those assholes who are selling them for $20 each on ebay can all go to hell. Oh and Duo, they're yellow cause they catch peoples eyes easier.[/quote]

I have to agree, just buy 10 from www.laf.org and you are sure the money is going to the right place. I looked at a few on ebay and sure enough they are selling them. Kinda wierd how people try to turn a profit on charity. :evil:

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='Forest Mercenary']Are they really "nice" deathcab? They're just crappy bright yellow plastic bands. And conformity kills! I though you'd know that if you listened to deathcabforcutie... In my school, sometimes the livestrong bracelet is a way to point out the kinds who are oh so desperate to look cool, it's kinda pathetic. Oh and the foundation is for cancer research...[/quote]

Yeah god forbid that people donate money to help out society, let's redicule them for it :roll: I have one but I'll likely never wear it. I have something against the color yellow for some reason (I'm convinced I was tramatized as a kid or something), and it is pretty tight on my wrist. Yet I think anyone who gives money to fund cancer research dserves a little respect. Someone posted about the Unite bands too, and even though they are a little more it's all going to a good cause so I'll try and pick up one of those as well if I get the extra money soon.[/quote]

That's not what I meant. Just a lot of people (and you're free to believe what you want) got them simply to fit in, and to be part of hte crowd. That is all I meant. The cause is very important, just now with people selling them on ebay, and people shelling out much more than they're worth, it's becoming clear that it's more than just for the cause.

We're sorry, due to the strong support, the Wear Yellow Live Strong Wristband is no longer available.

top of page
EastBay Online
top of page
home | customer service | site map | shopping bag | request a catalog
privacy statement | employment opportunities

Prices subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2004 Eastbay.
BizRate Customer Certified (GOLD) Site VeriSign

bread's done
Back