Loads of Sega Genesis/NES/PS1 games...which ones have value?

TwistedOrange

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
A relative gave me their old games - I'm not very familiar with the prices for a lot of these. Can you tell me which of these have value ($4-5+)? I'm also wondering what to do with a lot of them - a lowball maybe? I haven't done a lowball before but I'm considering it. eBay/Amazon seems kind of pointless for

I'm not as knowledgeable when it comes to pre-PS1 games, but none of those PS1 and PS2 games are particularly valuable (with the exception of Doom, which goes for about $20 on amazon).

[quote name='Kanto']I'm not as knowledgeable when it comes to pre-PS1 games, but none of those PS1 and PS2 games are particularly valuable (with the exception of Doom, which goes for about $20 on amazon).[/QUOTE]

Didn't know Doom went for $20...thanks! As for the rest, yeah I wasn't expecting much. EA sports games aren't worth anything unless they're the current year's game.

Nothing there jumps out at me as valuable, but you could probably get $5 each easily for a lot of those CIB games.

Your best bet for selling this stuff would definitely be a lowball.

---Genesis---
Zaxon's Motherbase 2000 is $20 CIB, expect $15ish
Aladdin $5-$6
castle of illusion shoots anywhere from $6-$15

---PS1---
Doom shoots for about $12 on ebay

Just about it. EDIT: Oh and I used http://videogames.pricecharting.com/ and looked at recent auctions and mean price.

I'd try bundling those ps1 games on ebay at a flat rate, something like 20 games for $60 shipped. You got to be careful with a selection like this because if your better stuff gets cherry-picked the rest won't want to sell.

For Game Gear and Genesis you might do better with craigslist local sale, or using the CIBs as trade fodder. These systems are notorious for bombing in online auctions, but locally getting $25-30 for starter sets isn't impossible. Seriously, take all your Sega Game Gear stuff and list it as a bundle on CL right now, $30 or Best Offer.

Another place you could try for the cheaper games is www.estarland.com. I don't know how reputable they are here, but I've traded in over $1000 worth of games there and never had a single issue. They offer better trade-in credit than any other store I know of (online or otherwise), and all the games I've bought from them have been in really good condition.

Just did a price check for all your GG stuff on estarland. You'd get about $25 cash (before shipping) if you traded it in there. Not advertising at all, but just saying that their prices and trade-in values are super competitive. For a lot of cheaper games, you'll actually get more there than you would if you sold on amazon or ebay.

I wouldn't lowball it right away. Build up at least 10 feedback before you try that. Regardless... that's probably your best bet.

bread's done
Back