Lock for 360?

Vampyre611

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm not sure where the best place for this is, so mods feel free to move it if there is a better spot. that being said...

I was wondering if there are any locks out there that i can use to lock down my 360? Like a laptop lock? Reason i'm asking is my apartment was broken into last night and while i woke up before they took anything of mine they did get my roomates computer at least. (fucking freaked me out... i haven't been to bed since) and i would really like someway to secure my 360 from any potential smash and grab jobs. anyone know of anything?

Use the family settings.. on the dashboard, go to the fourth menu to the right and set pass codes for everything.

Scorch, i mean is there any locks out there to physically lock the system to the cabnet or something to keep someone from grabbing it?

The best suggestion I can think of would be to store it in a drawer or cabinet that locks. I can't think of much any other way to secure the console because it doesn't really have any loops you could put a lock through.

Sorry. :(

[quote name='Vampyre611']I'm not sure where the best place for this is, so mods feel free to move it if there is a better spot. that being said...

I was wondering if there are any locks out there that i can use to lock down my 360? Like a laptop lock? Reason i'm asking is my apartment was broken into last night and while i woke up before they took anything of mine they did get my roomates computer at least. (fucking freaked me out... i haven't been to bed since) and i would really like someway to secure my 360 from any potential smash and grab jobs. anyone know of anything?[/QUOTE]
It sounds like you need a better lock on your door. Is that how they broke in?

[quote name='6669'] It sounds like you need a better lock on your door. Is that how they broke in?[/QUOTE]

actually it looks like they came in through a window--popped the screen off with a screwdriver. I'm on the ground floor...

[quote name='heyyoeddie']There's a lock similar to a laptop lock but it plugs into a USB port. That should work, as long as you can tie the cable around something secure.[/QUOTE]

That's the kinda thing i'm looking for. any idea if that would be something that a B&M store like bestbuy or circuit city might carry?

^Really if someone can get into your house chances our they can break that lock. They are very easy to cut with wire clippers, just watch the latest DL.TV (that's the website). Not to mention that's not going to be that strong of a locking device being USB is not designed to hold a console to a wall.

Sure it might help, but you are better off locking it in a cabnet and keeping it out of sight.

I know a lock won't actually stop something but it might make them grap the DVD player instead just because it's easier, that's what i'm after, more i think...

[quote name='Vampyre611']I know a lock won't actually stop something but it might make them grap the DVD player instead just because it's easier, that's what i'm after, more i think...[/QUOTE]

It will take them two seconds to cut through a USB lock... they aren't going to just stop and not take an in demand item because you've thrown a tiny lock on it. Just follow the instructions here and lock it up in a cabinet or somewhere *out of sight*, this way they won't even know you have it.

They still might be stupid enough to take it with "N-gage" on it so I'd put it in a box that says "Gizmondo"!
th_09192_gizmondo_122_476lo.jpg

[quote name='Vampyre611']actually it looks like they came in through a window--popped the screen off with a screwdriver. I'm on the ground floor...[/QUOTE]
Well, then I'd sleep with my window locked. I'd like to think there's more valuable things in your home than your Xbox360. Just my opinion.

Yeah, man I think the best thing you can do is put it out of sight if you are going out for the night and stuff.

About the usb locks I tend to agree with the other posts. When I was in college and sharing a place with two guys I asked the building handyman about putting a lock on my bedroom door. He's this old man that went to war and lived a very full life. He stops and looks at me with a smile on his face and says "You know, my Daddy used to say 'A lock only keeps an honest man out.' "

Just do what everone said.

1) Put bars on your windows.
2) Lock the windows.
3) Hide the 360.
4) Lock the hidden 360 with the USB.
5) Put a box which says N-Gage over it.
6) Put a box which says Gizmondo over that box.
7) Lock the door.

You're all set!

[quote name='Full_Throttle']Just do what everone said.

1) Put bars on your windows.
2) Lock the windows.
3) Hide the 360.
4) Lock the hidden 360 with the USB.
5) Put a box which says N-Gage over it.
6) Put a box which says Gizmondo over that box.
7) Lock the door.

You're all set![/quote]

yeah but hell... what if i want to play it?

bread's done
Back