Lockups in Wipeout Pure

CrimsonPaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Yeah, I know it's an old game but one I've recently started to revisit. Have any of you experienced lockups during gameplay? I want to say that it only occures when I put the PSP into sleep mode while in a race (I typically pause then put it in sleep). When it comes back from sleep I can play anywhere from 1 minute to 20 minutes then the screen just hangs and about 20 seconds later the PSP shuts off.

Has anyone else had this? If it's a flaw in the game I'll be much happier than finding out my PSP is having problems.

I've never had that issue but I don't know if I've put it in sleep during a race before. I've been playing this more lately as well so I'll try it the next time and let you know.

Edit: Put it in sleep for a bit and didn't have any issues getting through 4-5 races afterward. Are you using CFW by any chance? Sometimes that can cause problems if you don't have a UMD loaded, or based on whether or not you have no-UMD mode enabled.

Nope, no CFW and I don't remember it happening before. I just upgraded to the latest (2.93 I think) FW and still have the problem. I just picked up WipEout Pulse and so far haven't see this issue. It could be that my disk may be having problems, though I don't see any scratches and am typically pretty careful with them.

Yup, I have a launch copy and this happens all the time to me. On ALL three of my psps. It's an issue with the game, but I've moved on to pulse (which is amazing btw).

[quote name='Valkryst']... but I've moved on to pulse (which is amazing btw).[/quote]
Yeah, Pulse is amazing, but they've increased the dificulty from Pure because I'm not winning the matches anywhere NEAR as easily as I did in Pure. I find myself getting pissed off then telling myself it's just a game. Some of those time trials are near impossible to get gold in it seems.

bread's done
Back