Logitech Cordless Controller for Xbox - with rebate (YMMV)

mmn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
This may be a YMMV thing, but I've seen this -
B0001YM07G.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
- Logitech Cordless controller for Xbox at Walmart (at two different Super Walmarts, actually) for $39.96, I believe it was. I know it was definitely just under $40.

In any event, there's a $15 or $5 mail in rebate on these things going on right now.

If you buy 2 controllers and an Xbox game you get $15 back. If you buy just one controller and ANY Xbox game you get $5 back.

http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/rebates/OLRS00129CLPrecision_cp-US.pdf

Amazon is selling this controller for $50, so save $10 just by shopping at Walmart, and if you choose to get a cheap game while you're there, save another $5.

Despite the sale, I'd go with the Cordless Action (MSRP $39.99) over the older Cordless Precision (original MSRP $79.99 or something ridiculous). It's just better.

[quote name='WildWop']Despite the sale, I'd go with the Cordless Action (MSRP $39.99) over the older Cordless Precision (original MSRP $79.99 or something ridiculous). It's just better.[/quote]

If you're talking about THIS -
916.gif
- they have a $10 rebate going on that. Don't even need to buy an Xbox game, just the controller.

http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/rebates/OLRS00111_CL_Ctrl_Xbx-cp_US.pdf

Cheapest I can find that one is Circuit City. Ends up being $39.99 after rebates. Also has free shipping. http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.j...ookmark=bookmark_0&oid=72148&catoid=-9263&m=0

[quote name='murcielago77']there is no cordless action on the xbox thats a ps2 controller[/quote]

Huh?

[quote name='WildWop']Despite the sale, I'd go with the Cordless Action (MSRP $39.99) over the older Cordless Precision (original MSRP $79.99 or something ridiculous). It's just better.[/quote]

The Cordless Action controller is for PS2. The Precision is like the Xbox counterpart to the Cordless action, and it sells for $40 or $50. The original Logitech cordless controller for Xbox was the ridiculously priced and impossible to hold beast you're talking about.

The Logitech wireless controller for the Xbox is the best controller (if you have the money). Of course maybe it's not if your looking for turbo or some other extra features. But quality, ease of use, and feel wise it's great. I found nothing too large about the original xbox version of the controller (PS2's was rather big), but the new one that is slightly smaller might make some people happier. Anyway, it's good quality, has good stick action, and the buttons are well constructed. I have yet to have one stick on me.

I heard that there were some issues with using a headset with this controller. Any feedback on that?

The receiver unit has the expansion bays where you can plug in your headset and memory card if needed. Unfortunately, that does mean you're kinda tied down to how long the cord is on your headset and the length of the cord of the receiver if you're going to use the headset unit. Otherwise, the controller is rock solid. I love playing all my offline games now with cordless controllers. Between the wavebird and the wireless controllers for PS2 and Xbox, I am now officially cord free and glad of it!

[quote name='WildWop']I heard that there were some issues with using a headset with this controller. Any feedback on that?[/quote]

You basically are trading your controller cord for an xbl extension cord/headseat cord.

[quote name='fireball343'][quote name='WildWop']I heard that there were some issues with using a headset with this controller. Any feedback on that?[/quote]

You basically are trading your controller cord for an xbl extension cord/headseat cord.[/quote]

Lame. If they weren't keen on enlarging the controller to support the headset port, the least they could have done was set up a bluetooth connection for a wireless headset. Wireless controller + wired headset = moronic.

[quote name='Millbuddah']The receiver unit has the expansion bays where you can plug in your headset and memory card if needed. Unfortunately, that does mean you're kinda tied down to how long the cord is on your headset and the length of the cord of the receiver if you're going to use the headset unit. Otherwise, the controller is rock solid. I love playing all my offline games now with cordless controllers. Between the wavebird and the wireless controllers for PS2 and Xbox, I am now officially cord free and glad of it![/quote]

Yeah but after having my PS2 version for over a year now, I've noticed some stickiness with the square button. The left analog slightly sticks to the right so sometimes my character will move on it's own. Yes I've cleaned it several times but to limited or no success. But it is still worth it...

bread's done
Back