Logitech Driving Force GT - $76.99, F/S @ Logitech Store

dudejeff22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
EDIT: Currently out of stock.

Just in time for GT5!

The wheel is listed at MSRP, but use coupon code logi_dfgt_101310 at checkout for a whopping $73 off. Code expires Oct. 19th or until supplies run out. This is only for the Force GT, and not the G27 (unfortunately).

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotional-items/devices/7166?ci=0

Note: The product is in "Dented Box" condition - Packaging has cosmetic damage, but product is new and fully warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know if this is actually trustworthy? dented box thing is kinda nudging me to sty clear. has this ever taken place before?? thanks.

[quote name='Jinooka']does anyone know if this is actually trustworthy? dented box thing is kinda nudging me to sty clear. has this ever taken place before?? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Form the Logitech website "Dented Box items from Logitech are products whose outer box has been torn, scratched, dented, or has other markings on it. The product itself is guaranteed to be in brand new condition and fully warranted. Sales are limited to quantities on hand. Limit 1 per customer."

[quote name='Jinooka']does anyone know if this is actually trustworthy? dented box thing is kinda nudging me to sty clear. has this ever taken place before?? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Considering it's straight from Logitech I don't see why it wouldn't be. And I do believe there was another dented box sale awhile back, but I'm not certain.

Anyways, I bought one. Always wanted a steering wheel and with this one being made with GT5 in mind, it was a no brainer.

i still bought it mind you, i'm assuming it would at least work... seeing as its from logitech themselves. seemed too good of a deal to pass up. thanks guys for the reassurance though, appreciate it.

damn I can't decide if I should bite.

Maybe the reason why this is so cheap is because, "heads up, Logitech. GT5 -- we're shipping it in April of 2011"

[quote name='Jinooka']i still bought it mind you, i'm assuming it would at least work... seeing as its from logitech themselves. seemed too good of a deal to pass up. thanks guys for the reassurance though, appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Either way it comes with full warranty and you're buying directly from Logitech. If the product is damaged you'll probably be able to get it swapped out before GT5 is even released. :rofl:

I bought one on a previous "dented box" deal. Box looked like a velociraptor had its way with it, but wheel seemed new and worked fine so far.

[quote name='DANIEL']does anyone know if this wheel works in any racing game?

examples:
-dirt 2
-Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
-motorstorm[/QUOTE]

Depends what you mean by "works." Different games support different features.

These lists aren't necessarily up-to-date, but you get the idea. I know I tried the Dirt 2 PS3 demo with the G27 and I *think* the GT, so I'm fairly confident that one supports the GT. Can't speak to the others.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/265/5221
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/5184#section=spec_6475

[quote name='gantt']Depends what you mean by "works." Different games support different features.

These lists aren't necessarily up-to-date, but you get the idea. I know I tried the Dirt 2 PS3 demo with the G27 and I *think* the GT, so I'm fairly confident that one supports the GT. Can't speak to the others.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/265/5221
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/5184#section=spec_6475[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gantt.

So in some racing games this wheel doesnt work at all?

[quote name='DANIEL']Thanks Gantt.

So in some racing games this wheel doesnt work at all?[/QUOTE]

No i think he means some FEATURES won't. such as the red dial for real time tuning, 900 degree turning radius, or the shifter or possibly not utilize force feedback to its max potential. The basic wheel to move the car always works.

great deal on this wheel, i have a g25 and was thinking of maybe picking up another wheel for when friends come over to play.

[quote name='vic_x51']No i think he means some FEATURES won't. such as the red dial for real time tuning, 900 degree turning radius, or the shifter or possibly not utilize force feedback to its max potential. The basic wheel to move the car always works.

great deal on this wheel, i have a g25 and was thinking of maybe picking up another wheel for when friends come over to play.[/QUOTE]

gotcha.
thanks for the clarification Vic.

what about setting the wheel to a sturdy surface?
is it too big and bulky?
Any tips?
It seems like I would need to have a desk or table really close to me to have it positioned & set up.

[quote name='DANIEL']gotcha.
thanks for the clarification Vic.

what about setting the wheel to a sturdy surface?
is it too big and bulky?
Any tips?
It seems like I would need to have a desk or table really close to me to have it positioned & set up.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need something relatively stable so the wheel's clamps have something to grip. You also should have enough clearance below and to the rear of the wheel so you can use the pedals without obstruction.

It's not obvious to most how to achieve this combo with items that are already in your living room, which is why some go with purpose-designed racing seats or wheel stands. They're usually much more expensive than the wheel, though, and they don't convert into a coffee table when you're done.

I've been using a laptop stand like those you can get at office supply stores. It takes up a relatively small footprint but has enough surface area to mount the wheel. It also has adjustable height and enough clearance underneath that you can place and reach the pedals. You can lock the wheels, and when you're done, wheel it out of the way - or take the wheels off for maximum stability.

[quote name='DANIEL']does anyone know if this wheel works in any racing game?

examples:
-dirt 2
-Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
-motorstorm[/QUOTE]

I own 8 wheels going back to the xbox and ps2, I have 3 GT wheels and it is the perfect wheel for those that want the feel of realistic racing but don't want to spend insane amount of $ for cockpit and clutches. DIRT 2 works awesome with the GT, very fun, not as acradey as Motorstorm, i fyou can find it for $15 and get the GT it is well worth the money. Remember this if nothing else, the more realistic the game, the more fun the GT wheel is. Also, keep in mind wheel deals will pop up a lot now because of GT5 (bundles) and NFSHS. The wheel will work with NFS but it probably won't be that fun if its not simulation based which it probably won't be.

Ive purchased dented products from Logitech before and the products have come brand new and the boxes have no imperfections.

Someone mentioned it is a way for them to sell it without pissing off the merchants that they sell their product to as wholesale.

bread's done
Back