Logitech g25 wheel for 159 in store at Best Buy

sponge

CAG Veteran
I have been watching for one of these on ebay forever where they still seem to command around 200 used. There are very few online stores that seem to carry them new as they have been replaced by the 299 dollar g27, and it seems to be up for debate if that is an improvement. I happened to stop by Best Buy today and right next the the g27's they had a whole bunch of g25's that were 159 for open box, 169 brand new sealed. Seems like a great deal to me. I have no idea if this was unique to this Best Buy but it might be worth a quick look if you have been searching for this wheel.

Nice find. But I could never bring myself to spend that much on a mouse...Maybe if I were an artist I'd have a much different opinion.

But yeah, from what I've seen so far, Best Buys vary greatly in terms of open-box sales. The new/sealed may be a steal though.

I suppose it would be the same as buying bunch of wireless guitar controllers and a light kit...still that's a hefty price tag for a new controller even if it is high end. You think, PS3 or this controller, xbox elite or this racing wheel. Maybe befriend a bestbuy employee for their discount?

As for spending a small fortune on a mouse for digital rendering, I'd recommend investing in a tablet. Color rendering with a mouse is more time consuming and unless you're used to it like me, it can sometimes produce irregular line quality and brush strokes.

Yeah, I definitely felt weird paying this much for a controller but I think when Gran Turismo comes out in March it really will be like having a full driving simulator in my basement. I tried it out with NFS:shift and it was probably as immersed as I have felt in a game. No regrets about the purchase after that...but I realize it is definitely not for most people. When I saw they had literally a dozen boxes I thought Best Buy might have a huge stockpile they are trying to dump quickly, but it certainly could be this store (eastern iowa) was an exception.

I would suggest this wheel for the hardest of hardcore. Setting the thing up is a hassle since the shifter and the wheel are seperate, which just introduces more cords. However, the metal pedals and paddle shifters are a plus. Unfortunately,not too many games right now support the H shifter, I would suggest looking at the logitech product page for compatibilities for whatever game you were hoping to use this on.

best buy discount is 5% above cost. they WILL get fired if a manager finds out they are buying something for someone else. "befriending" wont work, but if you already know someone its cool.

btw, these are pretty good wheels. i will get a g2x once it supports a 360 (as well as ps3 and pc, all in 1)

The G25 isn't even listed on their website anymore so there is no way to check store inventory without calling.

I'm going to go down to mine today or tomorrow and check. This is a STEAL.

I have had a MOMO for awhile and have always wanted a G25

[quote name='postulio']btw, these are pretty good wheels. i will get a g2x once it supports a 360 (as well as ps3 and pc, all in 1)[/QUOTE]
Based on comments by a Logitech employee on their message board topic for the G25/G27 wheel, I wouldn't hold your breath. Logitech and MS haven't been able to come to a licensing agreement that would make this happen.

Bums me out, too. I've already started prepping my old Driving Force Pro (still in excellent condition) for sale on eBay so I can get the MS wireless wheel for my 360 (for Dirt2 and Forza3).

Of course, as soon as I buy the MS wheel, Logitech will announce that the G27 will be supported on the 360 or something. LOL.

[quote name='jskang']Of course, as soon as I buy the MS wheel, Logitech will announce that the G27 will be supported on the 360 or something. LOL.[/QUOTE]

In theory if Logitech were to ever pay the license to let their wheels be used on the 360 whatever wheels they wanted licensed could work.

As I understand it, it is just a driver/software issue (aside from licensing fees) that doesn't allow them to work as they are now.

Of course, if Logitech did pay the licensing fee, I'm sure they would want to recoup that cost and only allow the newer wheels to be compatible.

[quote name='jskang']Based on comments by a Logitech employee on their message board topic for the G25/G27 wheel, I wouldn't hold your breath. Logitech and MS haven't been able to come to a licensing agreement that would make this happen.

Bums me out, too. I've already started prepping my old Driving Force Pro (still in excellent condition) for sale on eBay so I can get the MS wireless wheel for my 360 (for Dirt2 and Forza3).

Of course, as soon as I buy the MS wheel, Logitech will announce that the G27 will be supported on the 360 or something. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I have the Wireless Wheel and I personally hate the thing. I wish I could get my TSW (PC Racing Wheel) to work w/ my PS3 or 360. When I bought that wheel I was racing online for real money so I looked at as an investment.

Waiting for a Logitech wheel that supports both a PS3 and 360 is like waiting for GT5 to come out or the iPhone to get on verizon and sprint.

bread's done
Back