Logitech G35 7.1 Headphones on sale at BestBuy

Tempting, but I don't know if I spend enough time gaming on my PC to spend so much on this headset and still need another surround sound set to work on 360 and ps3. Anyone have recommendations for a quality set that works with all 3?

AKG 701 seems to be the headphone of choice for gaming. Note these are not your typical CAG wear. They are better quality and border on lower audiophile quality. Note these are standard stereo headphones, but much better quality than those Logitechs. You get what you pay for.

They are pricey, but if you go through bing you can get them for $250 or so.

[quote name='bassec']Very nice! I had to research them a bit but from what it looks like, these are great USB headphones.[/QUOTE]

I bought the G35 headset around the middle of last year, and I must say, I do not regret paying near full price for them. The sound quality is great, and they are very comfortable (I'll admit, it initially took a little getting used to). I bought them primarily to replace the speakers I was using...and not having to worry about bothering my family with all the noise coming from those speakers. :)

[quote name='tenn_volsfan']Tempting, but I don't know if I spend enough time gaming on my PC to spend so much on this headset and still need another surround sound set to work on 360 and ps3. Anyone have recommendations for a quality set that works with all 3?[/QUOTE]

Turtle Beach P21, it's about $80, but worth every penny.

EDIT, read it wrong. doesn't work with xbox.
Works with pc and ps3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Peacemaker1ps']Turtle Beach P21, it's about $80, but worth every penny.

EDIT, read it wrong. doesn't work with xbox.
Works with pc and ps3.[/QUOTE]
And thats all you need:whistle2:\"

OP, you should add the price in the title, and preferably the store at which it's located.

For $80 I find you'd be hard pressed to find a better set. These are great.

Also don't forget 5% Bing Cashback ( keyword "hdtv", "acer laptop" )

I picked these up tonight. So far they are great and I am very pleased with the purchase. They are a bit heavier than any headset I've owned previously, but are overall very comfortable. I also have not had a single issue with the drivers or software on my Vista64 or Windows7 64 systems.

I considered these when I bought HD595's originally. I wanted something that made music sound somewhat decent too, though, so I coughed up the extra cash. These are likely to be high treble, low bass cans.

I wrote this on a similar thread on SD.net, so here are my 2 cents...

I bought these headphones when they were released. I played through all of Batman AA with these g35s. The sound is pretty good, but at times, the 7.1 sound felt like I was in hall. You know that hall/big empty room setting you can adjust on virtually all audio systems? Kinda sounded like that for me at times. For some reason, when it was switched to stereo mode, it didn't suffer from the echo effect of a hall. Not many settings you can adjust from what I saw when I installed the logitech program either.

The thing I hated the most about these headphones was just how tight it was around my noggin. Even at the highest fit, I literally had to take them off every hour or so to relieve the pressure the headphones caused to my ears. Of course, everyone's head is different, so this is subjective. On a side note, the ear-cups are very comfortable, just the squeeze ruined it for me.

Ended up returning them after a week. I could have dealt or gotten used to the hall-like sound, but not the pressure of the headphones. I really wanted to like these headphones, but I'll wait for the inevitable g35 v2. Sticking with my cheap stereo headphones until then.

Bought these myself last year, had em for close to 5 months now. Using Windows 7 x64, no problems.
Bought em to use in lieu of 5.1 speakers, with new baby and tired wife, its been hard to blast up some shotguns in game :)

I love em, fit fine on my big ole noggin, sound clarity, to me is great! Only issue is that I had to do some tinkering with my Ventrillo to allow voice chat to be a higher volume than the other sounds. Cuz sometimes its hard to hear my other teammates scream when i'm in the middle of fending off the zombie horde (in L4D2)

Other than that, I love em

I tried to edit my post but I can't edit the title (maybe im just a noob) but I got lucky and scored these for 54 bucks sinceI bought them back in December for $119 when Fry's had them on sale with a $25 rebate. I went back to Fry's and got them to price match the set to $79 and they still let me keep the rebate. Hopefully it comes before next xmas...

Just got a pair. They sound plenty nice, and are working perfectly fine with Win7 x64. Thanks for the heads up.

Does anyone know about the amount of static on these? I picked up a pair of Triton AX180s about a week ago, and they're mad staticky on some PS3 games.

Haven't heard any static through mine when hooked up to the PC. They're USB, so you wouldn't be able to hook these directly into a PS3. I haven't tried the 360 that's running the audio through the PC.

hmmm, I usually just use my ATH-A500 for audio on PC but may need one with a mic. Does the Logitech one work with PS3 or for PC/PS3 gaming I should just go with the Turtlebeach that's posted?

I hope they have a pair of these set up in store, I really want to check them out.

@wasabi

I've heard mixed things, some people say they don't work with consuls, others say just the 7.1 doesn't work with them and that the mic and sound are fine. Then other people said that the sound blows unless its in 7.1.

[quote name='Chaz']Haven't heard any static through mine when hooked up to the PC. They're USB, so you wouldn't be able to hook these directly into a PS3. I haven't tried the 360 that's running the audio through the PC.[/QUOTE]

So how do you hook them into your ps3? Why don't these work on the xbox? I would love to get these because i have a $50 BB giftcard burning a hole in my pocket.

I think it works with the ps3 as a regular headset but other than that, I don't think it will work for sound on either console because it's based on usb. You could always try to route the sound through your pc or buy some sort of external sound card but I think that would be too much of a hassle and you may as well spend that money on another headset. The headphones have a switch that lets you switch between stereo and sound and they sound good to me in both modes.

Yeah, neither the PS3 nor the 360 will output audio via USB, so plugging these into either won't do anything, though you could use the mic if you connected it to a PS3. The only way to get console audio through them would be to route the console's audio out into your PC and then have your PC output the sound to the headset. With that arrangement, I doubt you could use the mic on the PS3, and the only way you'd get surround sound is if the console was hooked up to the PC via an optical or HDMI cable. Otherwise, it'll be stereo sound. These are primarily intended for the PC.

I think the stereo sound through them is fine. It's just that if you leave the switch in "surround" mode when listening to a stereo source, it applies a fake surround effect that's kind of strange. It's fine if you switch to stereo for stereo stuff.

argh. i was hoping these would be 360/ps3 compatible. i'm in the market for a pair of headphones, im tired of hearing "turn it down" from the wife in the kitchen.

I picked a pair up at the local BB last night. So far so good.
Works fine with Win7 x64 and no static at all.

The G buttons that launch iTunes every time I try to adjust the headset is annoying, but I'll get around to fixing that tonight.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Dammit. I bought the best buy ones, not thinking Amazon would price match. guess I can return them. :wall: I'll have to eat the shipping though.[/QUOTE]

...you need to start shopping on Amazon more ;)

Orders $25 or over receive free shipping. There is also a free 3 month trial of Amazon Prime you can sign-up for (gives you free 2 day shipping on any order, no matter the price).

Also, NO TAX!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']...you need to start shopping on Amazon more ;)

Orders $25 or over receive free shipping. There is also a free 3 month trial of Amazon Prime you can sign-up for (gives you free 2 day shipping on any order, no matter the price).

Also, NO TAX![/QUOTE]
Oh, I buy on amazon all the time. I was talking about eating the shipping on the Best Buy order. Living like 2 hours away from the nearest Gamestop/Best Buy/Target/Civilization, I live on amazon.com :)

[quote name='gpthree']79.99 and a $20 rebate at Amazon now.[/QUOTE]

Now showing as a $91.99 price after rebate. :cry:

I picked up the Sennheiser PC 350 headset off Amazon for about 50% off list price at $120. They look like a great deal especially if you just want for PC gaming.

bread's done
Back