Logitech G9 Gaming Mouse

Larc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
For those that own this mouse, is it really worth getting? I don't care for biased opinions like "Oh yeah, that's the best mouse in the world!" -- tell me why?

I'm using a MX Revolution right now, for gaming, and I actually like it because it has so many buttons; I especially find the thumb wheel on the side useful. But of course, it doesn't have the DPI switch, which I think is a neat/useful feature. It seems the G9 mouse is on the smaller size? I also own the Creative Fata1ity 1010 (got it for really cheap) and it is complete crap.

[quote name='Larc']For those that own this mouse, is it really worth getting? I don't care for biased opinions like "Oh yeah, that's the best mouse in the world!" -- tell me why?

I'm using a MX Revolution right now, for gaming, and I actually like it because it has so many buttons; I especially find the thumb wheel on the side useful. But of course, it doesn't have the DPI switch, which I think is a neat/useful feature. It seems the G9 mouse is on the smaller size? I also own the Creative Fata1ity 1010 (got it for really cheap) and it is complete crap.[/quote]
I've used most mice that Logitech has made over the years, and while I found the G9 to be decent, I also found it to be uncomfortable and annoying to use after a while. If you're looking for a gaming mouse, I HIGHLY recommend the Logitech G5 instead. It doesn't have a ton of buttons, but you really don't need that many anyway. I found the adjustable weights in the base to be nice, and it has more than enough DPI for you. The G9 is a bit small, at least to me, and not all that comfortable. Again though, this was just my personal opinion. Your best bet would to be go to a store and hold it in your hand and see how it feels, or even better, find a friend with one and use it for half an hour to get a good feel of it.

bread's done
Back