Logitech GT4 steering wheel deals $106- 130

I was dead set on getting this wheel...before I actually used it. They had it at Fry's.

First off, the wheel is small. It feels like a kid's wheel. It does not even rumble that much.

The wheel CAN turn 900 degrees but it does not matter much when you are playing. It's overrated and I'd only pay $20 for it.

I saw it today at my local Sam's Club for under $110. I'm kicking myself right now because I don't remember the actual price. I belive it was $103.

[quote name='nikkai']Watch amazon... my friend got it for 107 before the hike to 118[/quote]

Amazon originally had it for $103.

[quote name='kaji7p56']I was dead set on getting this wheel...before I actually used it. They had it at Fry's.

First off, the wheel is small. It feels like a kid's wheel. It does not even rumble that much.

The wheel CAN turn 900 degrees but it does not matter much when you are playing. It's overrated and I'd only pay $20 for it.[/quote]

Its not that awful its more like the old gt force modified to allow 900 degree movement. The momo force is alot better but the asses at sony decided to remove support for it.

I've read a few impressions on the wheel and I've decided to just stick with my GT3 wheel. The wheel movement advertised on the GT4 wheel seems underwhelming since it doesn't spring back to center like a real car. Or rather, a car with power steering. I guess you'll have to tug it back to center after every turn. I can only imagine the nightmare that causes on hairpins.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've read a few impressions on the wheel and I've decided to just stick with my GT3 wheel. The wheel movement advertised on the GT4 wheel seems underwhelming since it doesn't spring back to center like a real car. Or rather, a car with power steering. I guess you'll have to tug it back to center after every turn. I can only imagine the nightmare that causes on hairpins.[/quote]

Exactly. The hype behind this wheel was the biggest scam ever!

the Momo wheel is not better, the GT 900 degree is pretty nice compared to the Momo the sensativity for the MOMO just suck. And if you are playining a Fry's GT4 wheel you probably have played an already beat up wheel. The wheel is probably the best you can get for GT4, the other wheels that I've owned and tried on it just don't come close. The old driving force was probably my worse wheel and my momo my best until this wheel. Though I do say the Momo's leather and steel barrings were awesome I truly wished the GT4 wheel had those, but I feel it's definetely worth the money. Especially if you are a hardcore GT4 fan.

[quote name='lorddct']the Momo wheel is not better, the GT 900 degree is pretty nice compared to the Momo the sensativity for the MOMO just suck. And if you are playining a Fry's GT4 wheel you probably have played an already beat up wheel. The wheel is probably the best you can get for GT4, the other wheels that I've owned and tried on it just don't come close. The old driving force was probably my worse wheel and my momo my best until this wheel. Though I do say the Momo's leather and steel barrings were awesome I truly wished the GT4 wheel had those, but I feel it's definetely worth the money. Especially if you are a hardcore GT4 fan.[/quote]

It worked, it just wasn't fun. I am a very hardcore GT fan but once I actually used it, I lost respect for Logitech.

Guess it's personally preference. I love the wheel and my crazy ass GT4 friend can't play it without his wheel. Though he is one of those crazy GT fans that try and get all S's on those licenses, I swear I am never going to be able to do it.

[quote name='lorddct']Guess it's personally preference. I love the wheel and my crazy ass GT4 friend can't play it without his wheel. Though he is one of those crazy GT fans that try and get all S's on those licenses, I swear I am never going to be able to do it.[/quote]

I haven't reached the S License yet, but in GT3 I finished them all with "Gold".

Like I said, I love GT. :D

[quote name='lorddct']the Momo wheel is not better, the GT 900 degree is pretty nice compared to the Momo the sensativity for the MOMO just suck. And if you are playining a Fry's GT4 wheel you probably have played an already beat up wheel. The wheel is probably the best you can get for GT4, the other wheels that I've owned and tried on it just don't come close. The old driving force was probably my worse wheel and my momo my best until this wheel. Though I do say the Momo's leather and steel barrings were awesome I truly wished the GT4 wheel had those, but I feel it's definetely worth the money. Especially if you are a hardcore GT4 fan.[/quote]

Obviously someone who purchased the wheel is going to defend the purchase especially on a high priced item like this. I think you just got sucked into the hype. This is made obvious when you just admitted that the steel bearings and leather were superior but something like sensitivity is your OPINION. When in reality the sensitivity is more than likely the same. It is the consensus of many simulation fans that do not have a skewd perspective of feeling the need to defend their purchase that the 900 degrees are nice but it is still no match for the MOMO. The major difference here is the quality of force feedback and the plastic gearing crap just doesn't deliver the same response it feels like its breaking rather than reproducing the feel of bumps.

Umm I'm not sucked into the hype, My momo wheel cost me 200 dollars, my GT4 900 degree wheel was free. And no the sensativty is not the same. Even in the GT3 the momo wheel was less sensative than the Logitech Driving Force. It just wasn't made for the PS2, at least for steering as for the force feedback I don't remember the difference in feel between the MOMO and the GT4 but I know that the MOMO force feedback was far greater than the Driving Force. I would play with the MOMO wheel more on GT3 because the Driving Force as a whole was just a POS plastic item that just didn't feel right. The MOMO's leather wheel, Steel Bearing Petals, Shifters, and Force feedback where just far greater and made up for the lack of sensativity. But when compared to the GT4 Driving Force Pro wheel the quality isn't nearly as shitty as the Driving Force, sure it isn't leather or Steer bearings but the sensativity of it is a lot better than the MOMO for GT3. I'm sure if you played it on a PC game the MOMO would be far superior but for the PS2 it's not. And the 900 degrees adds a lot to GT4 if you intend to drift. Though most would play GT4 the more idealistic way and do grip driving. But I would agree with you on one thing if the MOMO wheel was just a little better sensativity for the PS2 it would definetely be the wheel I would use when just grip racing.

bread's done
Back