Logitech Harmony 550 Universal Remote (360 compatible) $49.99 @ Amazon

Great remote, I got one openbox from BB about a year and a half ago, and I don't think I could live without it.

My only complaint is the audible clicking sound when you press keys.

Definitely a steal. I bought one at Sears a few weeks ago. I won't use anything but Harmony remotes anymore...they're that good.

How different is the 550 from the 520? A lot better? I used to have the 520 but got rid of it after a while because it was real flaky. Components would not be turned on/off and I'd always have to use manual mode to select them half the time.

now if they put the Xbox version on sale too I will grab one of them as well.
But $50 shipped is too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks OP

I always read about you guys buying these Harmony remotes and never bought one. Well, now I ordered this one and I guess I'll see what the big deal is with these. Thanks OP.

awesome remote i have the xbox harmony remote which is the same as this but the a, b, y and x buttons. it's really worth it if you have any type of home theatre set up.

I too have the Xbox 360 version and its very good. My only complaint is that it won't work with the PS3 or Wii because they don't use IR.

[quote name='zenintrude']dead @ $49, but still decent @ $79 if you compare that price to what it costs at other sites[/QUOTE]

wow, I got lucky, I just bought it one hour ago at $49.99.

I have a Harmony 670 and I highly recommend any version for people who have lots of devices. I've only had to change the batteries once in the last couple years.

[quote name='CheapyD']I too have the Xbox 360 version and its very good. My only complaint is that it won't work with the PS3 or Wii because they don't use IR.[/quote]

I've heard of people buying the PS3 remotes that come with an IR dongle and then using that with the Harmony. Nice trick, although Wii users are still out of luck.

They pop back up periodically. This one is very close in design to the Xbox 360 Harmony remote they had. I have both for my two setups. The 360 one has a little nicer feel to it on the buttons, and it has the X, Y, A and B buttons. I'm not a huge fan of the color and green backlight though. This one looks nicer with a black/silver color scheme and a blue backlight, but it's lacking the 4 extra buttons. Either way $50 is an awesome deal. Sears.com has been running sales on it for $59 since black Friday. Keep checking their website, and it might pop back up. I rarely see deals on the 360 one though.

These are great for anytime you change anything (add/remove components, change cable hookups, etc.). Anything that can be controlled by IR can be added to these. Setup is done through a website and is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Once it's configured with the defaults, you can customize to your heart's delight. I configured mine to use one of the buttons to cycle through surround modes on my receiver.

Wow, at that price I would have purchased one for the living room. I used the 360 in my media room, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

If you have a tech-phobic wife, they're even better. My wife was completely against surround sound in the living room because she didn't want to deal with 4+ remotes. She's used the system in the media room with no problem since I got the Harmony, so now's she open to having a nice system in the living room (which has a nicer HDTV and more seating).

i would have liked the 360 version, but from what i understand, the xbox specific buttons are just regular programmable buttons that have been pre-setup for the 360. the same thing can be done with this one, from what i gather...

bread's done
Back