Logitech Harmony Remote Question

halfbent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Instead of bumping the nearly two year old thread, I just made a new one. ;)

Having some troubles with setting activities and my TV switching inputs properly. Has anyone dinked around with the remote, and could possibly clue me into a better way to program activities so that they'll actually get it to the right input. Tried doing it the with the Tuner as a base, and then switching from there, but if I try going from the 360 (VGA) to PS2/Xbox (Component) or my DVD player (HDMI) it doesn't switch to the proper input. Using an Olevia 232-S12 if it helps any.

[quote name='halfbent']Instead of bumping the nearly two year old thread, I just made a new one. ;)

Having some troubles with setting activities and my TV switching inputs properly. Has anyone dinked around with the remote, and could possibly clue me into a better way to program activities so that they'll actually get it to the right input. Tried doing it the with the Tuner as a base, and then switching from there, but if I try going from the 360 (VGA) to PS2/Xbox (Component) or my DVD player (HDMI) it doesn't switch to the proper input. Using an Olevia 232-S12 if it helps any.[/QUOTE]
i dont know if i fully understand you problem.
it sound slike you set the remote up as the tuner was the hub for input switching and you have some inputs which require the tv to be the hub.
is that correct?
if thats the case you can individually change the commands which do not follow suit.

I not 100% sure I get you either but it sounds like you need to adjust your delay settings. Changing inputs takes the longest and you should probably put in a longer delay. I know I had to do that with mine.

I agree with the delay settings, after everything is set up you can add new commands that need to be entered. For example with my pelican system selector, I had to go in later and tell it to switch to LAN 1 for my 360 or LAN 2 for my PS3.

[quote name='METH']Can someone confirm that this remote works with the ORIGINAL Xbox also?

thanks![/quote]
Sure does. The Harmony remotes work on damn near everything, and if they don't have pre-set functions - you can just have it learn the IR commands. It even works for my ceiling fan if that tells you anything. ;)

My problem isn't really in the delay, I've switched those to a usable level. It's just not switching the right inputs.

The Tuner input is usually where my TV is at when it's on, but when I hit the activity to play 360, it should switch to the VGA input, which it usually does, but if I go from the 360 activity into another, it won't switch to the right input for the activity. It switches up a few inputs, but doesn't stop on the right one.

I had a similar issue--you have to go in and hard program the input selections via the harmony software. It's a bit confusing at first but I eventually got it working.

[quote name='METH']Can someone confirm that this remote works with the ORIGINAL Xbox also?

thanks![/QUOTE]
I think you need the remote adapter that comes with the dvd remote though, I don't think the original xbox has rf out of the box.

[quote name='msdmoney']I think you need the remote adapter that comes with the dvd remote though, I don't think the original xbox has rf out of the box.[/QUOTE]

I have that piece, just wanted to get rid of that ugly and bulky black xbox remote :p

thanks guys!

bread's done
Back