Logitech PS2 Cordless Action Controller $9.99 @ Amazon.com after $10 Rebate

Good price. Thumbs up.

But I don't get the "stuck with a 40GB PS3" comment. Did they not come w/ wireless controller?

I guess when I picked these up for $29.99 + $5 rebate, I thought I was doing good. I guess I should get some more for the future at this price. :whistle2:s

[quote name='yuffiestrife']He simply means the PS3 40GB won't play PS2 games, so you must use your PS2...[/quote]

At ALL? I thought they just removed the hardware solution and implemented software...

I bought one a year-and-a-half-ago, and had an awful time with the rebate. They kept trying to deny it, even though I had met all the deadlines and had all of the documentation -- the only reason they eventually approved it, was that I made photocopies of everything I sent them. It took 10 months for me to get my $20 rebate check in the end, and they almost lost me as a customer.

I was mad as hell at Logitech, but it sure is one damn fine controller.

The only negative criticism I have, is that it needs a "rubberized" coating to be a little easier to hold,but don't let that stop you. It has to be the most precise, high quality controller you can buy for the PS2. I am also a big fan of the Fountech/Sega PS2 controllers that are only available in Japan, but the Sega occasionally goes wacky in the middle of a game and you will suddenly swing up to the right -- it is likely interference from a nearby device.

The Logitech is one of the few wireless PS2 controllers whose analog sticks are not overly sensitive as well -- making it great to play faster moving FPS titles like "TimeSplitters: Future Perfect."

I got one a few months ago and had no problems with the rebate. Even at $20 this is a good deal. Great Controller.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess when I picked these up for $29.99 + $5 rebate, I thought I was doing good. I guess I should get some more for the future at this price. :whistle2:s[/quote]We tried to be good CAGs. Might do just that and grab one to keep in the plastic in case mine wears out. I don't think I own any 2-player PS2 games.

These controllers are AWESOME, I would definitely recommend them at this price. I paid $20-$30 each for mine a few years back and have never regretted it.

Quetion: Should i order both of these seperately if i want 2? The rebate form does not have an option for 2 controllers, so that means if i order both on the same order, i will only have one receipt with the package, if i had to send the rebates seperately. Thanks!

Best price I've seen for this controller. I liked mine a lot. Not too long ago, however, I got the Cordless Precision Controller. Logitech makes the difference between these two controllers as clear as mud. The Precision feels a bit heavier and larger to me, and I prefer its feel for my hands (large). I also find the buttons (like the triggers) a bit more responsive. It's on sale again at RS this week for $19.99 (they advertise it as the Cordless Action but I think the photo and the actual SKU in store is the Cordless Precision).

[quote name='rcaido']For those who has these controllers, how is the d-pad? Are these good for fighting games? Street Fighter[/quote]

The d-pad is the one-piece "floating" design; I guess it's similar in design to the 360 controller. Personally, I prefer the individual buttons on the DualShock. I don't play fighting games much, though.

[quote name='rcaido']For those who has these controllers, how is the d-pad? Are these good for fighting games? Street Fighter[/quote]

I like the controller a lot but not for fighting games using dpad. I have a harder time pulling off moves using it with guilty gear xx. I use it for my rpg games.

Picked one of these up for $30 from CC about a year ago and it was worth every penny. If you are on the fence about getting this controller, leap on this deal! Feels great in my hands, battery life is long, never had any interference problems, has a good solid feel without being too heavy, analog sticks move nicely, buttons all feel good, rumble is solid.

The one and only critism of this controller would be that the d-pad is pretty mediocore. I have never used it for fighting game, so i can't comment on how it would do.

This controller rules! Buy it if you're still playing PS2 tethered to your console!

Oh snap:
Only 1 left in stock--order soon.

[quote name='rcaido']For those who has these controllers, how is the d-pad? Are these good for fighting games? Street Fighter[/QUOTE]

The d-pad is the only weakness of this controller.

I think I just got the last one . . . as a spare. I love this controller and I think I will be keeping my PS2.

I love this controller but have busted 2 :(
the x button on 1 and the left stick on the other. I might try to frankenstein a good 1 out of the 2 :)

[quote name='BackInBlack']Quetion: Should i order both of these seperately if i want 2? The rebate form does not have an option for 2 controllers, so that means if i order both on the same order, i will only have one receipt with the package, if i had to send the rebates seperately. Thanks![/quote]

Only one rebate per address. You'll probably need two receipts and two addresses.

In for one :) I've gotta have something slick to play my $16.96 Okami and $9.99 Bully with... hehehe...
To get up to $25.00 free shipping added the book On the Road, been meaning to read it for years

$20.00 for the wireless controller and a literary classic :bouncy: ... thanks op!

Picked up the controller and a copy of "I Am Legend" on paperback to hit the $25 threshold. My buddy tells me it's one of his favorite books ever, so why not?

[quote name='bayushi']I love this controller but have busted 2 :(
the x button on 1 and the left stick on the other. I might try to frankenstein a good 1 out of the 2 :)[/quote]
I've heard that, at least for the X button issue, Logitech will send a replacement controller if you call, although I haven't had to try

[quote name='bassec']At ALL? I thought they just removed the hardware solution and implemented software...[/quote]

The 80GB PS3 has PS2 emulation. The 40GB PS3 has no backwards compatibility at all.

I also had issues after a while with 2 of my controllers... One was a refurb so that already had some issues I'm sure but the left stick on it is messed up. The other I got new at BlockBuster AGES ago (when they had that clearance deal 2 years ago.. somewhere around there got a PS2 mem card for 50% off too) for around $20-30 I think.. Anyway, the new, non-refurb that I got worked wonderfully for the most part. Then, sometime after I started playing either Shadow of the Colossus or Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence I noticed that the left stick would keep acting like I was holding it ever so slightly to the right. I was not hold the stick while the games booted up but it did it anyway. I have no idea how it happened or how to fix it without tinkering with the innards of said controller. If that is what I must do, then I might just swap the good right stick from that broken refurb with the stuck(?) left stick on the (former) new one.

While they work, they are awesome. Battery life is generally good too. I didn't have an sticking X buttons on mine so that doesn't happen all the time. For those who got in on the deal, enjoy them. For those who already had one, had issues with it and attempted a fix, PM me so I can have a clue what I might need to do.

bread's done
Back