Logitech PS3 controller $20. Dented Box.

I saw this for $25 at Best Buy (although it's not on their website - wonder if they're going on clearance). I didn't see anything on the package about rumble support, although some reviews say it has rumble but it doesn't work with many games (unlike the Dualshock), and it doesn't have Sixaxis tilt support. Also, apparently requires a USB dongle, doesn't work directly with the PS3.

[quote name='gantt']I saw this for $25 at Best Buy (although it's not on their website - wonder if they're going on clearance). I didn't see anything on the package about rumble support, although some reviews say it has rumble but it doesn't work with many games (unlike the Dualshock), and it doesn't have Sixaxis tilt support. Also, apparently requires a USB dongle, doesn't work directly with the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the other 3rd party ps3 controllers I've tried, never again, just score yourself a sixaxis or wait for a sale.

If you enter code MIR15, you can get an additional 15% off.

I bought myself a dented Wave Pro and MX400 for $76.20. I wasn't too interested in the PS3 controller.

Logitech stuff is almost always of the highest quality. They are definitely a step above the average third-party. And they would seem to have a good relationship with Sony, considering they were the OEM on the official headset for the PS2.

[quote name='sinkingships']the PS2 version is top quality.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Logitech stuff is almost always of the highest quality. They are definitely a step above the average third-party. And they would seem to have a good relationship with Sony, considering they were the OEM on the official headset for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Logitech makes good stuff, and the Cordless Precision/Cordless Action for PS2 were the best PS2 controllers I encountered, with all the functionality of the OEM plus wireless and arguably better ergonomics (at least if you have large hands). I didn't care for their floating D-pads, though.

This model, however, appears to lack OEM functionality: no tilt, incompatible rumble, non-native wireless requiring a dongle. I say "appears" because I don't own it; I'm going by reviews. I assume, however, if you preferred the ergonomics of the PS2 Logitechs then you'll find this offers the same advantage over the PS3 Dualshock.

i use this controller quite a bit, but like the above poster said, it lacks some pretty important stuff (tilt, rumble). still a high quality, albeit somewhat limited controller

[quote name='GUNNM']So the ps2 version lacks rumble as well?[/QUOTE]

PS2 version has rumble.

I also read in some reviews of the PS3 version that it works with the PS2, and maybe the rumble functions normally there (i.e., same as a Dualshock).

However, if you want the PS2 version, I think it's on sale now at Best Buy for $20 new (no "dents").

for a while, I had one of those CHEAP PS2 to PS3 converters (or usb to ps2) and i used the logitech wireless ps2 controller.. it was a pretty good alternative except it did not have six axis

[quote name='gantt']PS2 version has rumble.

I also read in some reviews of the PS3 version that it works with the PS2, and maybe the rumble functions normally there (i.e., same as a Dualshock).

However, if you want the PS2 version, I think it's on sale now at Best Buy for $20 new (no "dents").[/QUOTE]
thanks

This controller emulates analog support for ALL Playstation One games (Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, etc). If it was a little cheaper I would get it solely for the analog support.

[quote name='mis0']The PS2 equivalent of this is uber. Haven't had an experience with the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

agreed, still have mine and its just awesome :)

bread's done
Back