Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers

motorcitydice

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking about getting this set to replace my crappy PC speakers. I'm currently running my PS3 through my 23" HDMI monitor with the crappy speakers. It's a small room and I don't want to use headphones all of the time for decent audio. I'm looking for anyone who has a similar set up and is using these speakers. Price is a major factor for my cheap ass; the most bang for the buck is the reason that I'm targeting this particular set. Most reviews seem favorable, but I need a real cheap ass opinion.

If anyone can give me a quick review for PS3 or 360 use, that would be a plus!

BTW, this is one of the best deals I have found on them so far: $83.99 - $30 (for total purchases over $100 in mail coupon)= $53.99. Throw in some printer ink that I'm going to need anyway and it sounds like a pretty good deal.

Should I bite on this, or am I wasting my hard earned dough?

http://www.staples.com/office/suppl...403&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=24-31966512-2

i use those on my ps3 and 360 at work.
i have two problems with them.
the volmue during movie playback is a bit lower than id like. with games its no problem at all but it seems like movies audio is set at a lower volume.
also the volume control does not controller the volume output to the headphone jack.
thus the headphone audio is lower than id like.

overall i think theyre pretty good.
the sound qaulity is pretty good the build quality is good as well.

try newegg. i cant recall what i paid exactly but i think its close to your after rebate price and i didnt have to wait on a rebate.

good luck. i have no regrets in my purchase.

bread's done
Back