Logitech Xbox 360 Harmony Remote $63 shipped AR (req. console) at Computer4Sure.com

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
June 14th UPDATE: Deal is back!
360 Console and Remote must be purchased between 4/1/06 and 9/30/06
You will need your receipt and 360 box (UPC) for this rebate, but you do not need to have purchased it at
Computers4Sure
Rebate must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase

Since this is almost $40 off its $130 MSRP, I thought it deserved its own thread.
Logitech Harmony 360 Remote $93 -$30 rebate = $63
:shipfree:
Sales tax applies only to shipping addresses located in AA, CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, KS, LA, MA, MD, MS, NC, NE, RI, SD, TN, WI.
Other Xbox 360 deals at Computers4shure

You must purchase a 360 console (not necessarily at the same time as the remote or from Computers4SURE) as the rebate requires a copy of the UPC symbol from the box and copy of the remote invoice/receipt.

Also, they have wireless controllers for $39 (spend $50 for free shipping)
Cheap Ass Gamer Link

Just ordered it. $99 shipped with tax to CA. $30 Rebate means $70...and I'll sell my freebie control and nab probaly $15-20, so $50!

dag nabbit, you need to buy a 360 as well in order to get the rebate? :wall: oh well, guess I'll pass on this for now... though it'd be nice to have a remote... one remote... to rule them all. hahaha :lol:

Went to get Sin City Recut, Extended, Unrated and had to buy it. So I also ordered one from computers4sure. Gonna return that one when I get it to Best Buy. Its so awsome I just had to have it in use right away. Totals gonna be ~$65 AR.
Peace
coltcannon

Colt, good idea. I'll have to do that as well. I'm assuming the packaging is exactly the same, right? Don't want to get screwed over by a slightly different barcode.

I cant imagine that anything package-wise would be different. Someone that ordered from computers4sure.com could verify. Im really glad I got it at such a good price. Now if only I had a 360.
Peace
coltcannon

[quote name='coltcannon']I cant imagine that anything package-wise would be different. Someone that ordered from computers4sure.com could verify. Im really glad I got it at such a good price. Now if only I had a 360.
Peace
coltcannon[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, the packaging is exactly the same, rebate and all.

I ordered two, one for my friend, and the other for me. I ordered the first one on Thursday, and the second on Sunday. Both arrived yesterday (Tuesday). So shipping was VERY quick. I selected free shipping, by the way.

Anyone find any cool things to do with this remote besides the normal stuff? I know there has got to be some goodies tucked in somewhere.

"Rebate request must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase date. Allow 6-12 weeks for delivery."

bummer.............i doubt i'll get 360 within 30 days. i guess i might have to pass on this deal
or i could wait for a lucky pricedrop/sale in less than 3 months

holyfucking shit... I am so tempted now. For 60 AR? I hope my TV supports it.

ahh #@%@%# it i'm in I just got a bonus for a company Aquisition today :D

but =( $7.67 tax

Thanks for the pics tho Cheapy :)

Remote%20Control%20200x200.jpg

gonna be so happy to toss out this POS remote. I prob won't need my Creative one either. Man I have like frickin 6 remotes sitting about =/

[quote name='coltcannon']Im thinking about buying one from that place and also from best buy. Keeping the one with the rebate and returning the other one. Im gonna email logitech and see if i can get a rebate. Also the rebate is only good if you bought a 360 and the remote.
Peace
coltcannon[/QUOTE]
Check this post.

IC IC, the good ol Item Switch for the impatient :D my fav tactic!

lol devil customer!~

oh crap now youve tempted me to do the same thing 0_o

as a matter in fact I think i'm a moron for not doing it today...

Wow, excellent deal....I'm tempted to get it...I really need a universal remote.

Anyone have any luck using it with a Sony STR-DA1000ES receiver? The remote for that has a scroll wheel type button and you click the scroll wheel to select what input you want (TV/DVD/ect)

I also have to switch inputs on my TV...does that work?

Will it learn those functions?

Thanks!

AFAIK, it will learn any function as long as you have the remote that you want to learn from.
You can just shoot the IR to the Logitech and it will remember it.

Also, they raised the price $1.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, excellent deal....I'm tempted to get it...I really need a universal remote.

Anyone have any luck using it with a Sony STR-DA1000ES receiver? The remote for that has a scroll wheel type button and you click the scroll wheel to select what input you want (TV/DVD/ect)

I also have to switch inputs on my TV...does that work?

Will it learn those functions?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It supports a whole array of devices. If it's a Sony reciever i'm pretty damn sure it'll support it

I programmed in a few things at work in a couple of minutes but got to wait till I get home to test it.

Nice thing about this remote: You can knock over a bottle of beer and spill it on it and it still works. It was "light" beer though. Luckily I didn't spill the glass of Knob Creek I had near it. It probably would have melted it like "Alien’s" blood.

Finally pulled the trigger once I got my shipping confirmation from CC. It should get here about the same time as my 360.

[quote name='ogreeley']...Knob Creek ...[/QUOTE]

:drool: That stuff is too rich for my blood here in Oregon (damn state run liquor stores)...have to make a run to California to afford it

Okay, this may be a stupid question, $93 is a pretty low price for these remotes..

Do I need to have an Xbox 360 to use it?

Will it be able to control absolutely all of my components [all are major brand, Panasonic, Sony, but the cheap universals at Walmart..even the $20 ones..don't control the receiver or the multi disc dvd player]

And can I configure it via PC?

[quote name='sarausagi']Okay, this may be a stupid question, $93 is a pretty low price for these remotes..

Do I need to have an Xbox 360 to use it?

Will it be able to control absolutely all of my components [all are major brand, Panasonic, Sony, but the cheap universals at Walmart..even the $20 ones..don't control the receiver or the multi disc dvd player]

And can I configure it via PC?[/QUOTE]
You don't need a 360 for it. It just has buttons specialized for use w/ the 360. It should be good for all your components.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']You don't need a 360 for it. It just has buttons specialized for use w/ the 360. It should be good for all your components.[/QUOTE]

Can any kind CAG'er confirm whether this remote will work with the Denon AVR-16xx series?

I know it sounds strange, but I've tried 5 or 6 "high-end" universal/programable/updatable remotes, and NONE of them has been able to handle anything more than power on/off, mute on/off and volume up/down on my receiver (Denon AVR-1602). I would be THRILLED if this thing would allow me to ditch the 4 remotes I currently have circulating throughout the living room.

Didn't see any notes regarding compatibility on the Logitech website ...

EDIT: just took the "test drive" on their site --- looks like it's compatible!!! w00t!

[quote name='lowlevel']Can any kind CAG'er confirm whether this remote will work with the Denon AR-16xx series?

I know it sounds strange, but I've tried 5 or 6 "high-end" universal/programable/updatable remotes, and NONE of them has been able to handle anything more than power on/off, mute on/off and volume up/down on my receiver (Denon AR-1602). I would be THRILLED if this thing would allow me to ditch the 4 remotes I currently have circulating throughout the living room.

Didn't see any notes regarding compatibility on the Logitech website ...[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much fully programable for anything that takes an IR signal. If it's not in Logitech's database you can always teach it the commands manually because it has an IR receiver at its base that you can use to learn commands from your existing remotes. I can try and see if your receiver is in Logitech's software later tonight though.

[quote name='shipwreck']It's pretty much fully programable for anything that takes an IR signal. If it's not in Logitech's database you can always teach it the commands manually because it has an IR receiver at its base that you can use to learn commands from your existing remotes. I can try and see if your receiver is in Logitech's software later tonight though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it actually looks like it is compatible. Just tried the "test drive" that Logitech has on their site. I hadn't seen it before, but it let me try my "load out" in configuring the remote.

[quote name='lowlevel']Yeah, it actually looks like it is compatible. Just tried the "test drive" that Logitech has on their site. I hadn't seen it before, but it let me try my "load out" in configuring the remote.[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't understand why this remote would not be fully compatible with any device that uses a standard style IR remote. Now if your remote has some crazy analog dial or something, I'm not sure how it would work around that.

Man it's gonna take some kind of tweaking to work right. I currently have a problem with it not switching activities correctly. It won't switch inputs if I go back to another activity I've already activated previously

Any of you cheapasses mind sending me a copy of your receipt for the xbox 360?

The rebate says "Your sales receipts(s) or invoice(s) with purchase price and date circled"

I preordered mine through gamerush and the receipt shows a purchase price of $0.00 because I prepaid for it in whole. I don't want to get screwed on a technicality because I don't have a receipt that shows an actual amount.

[quote name='Zoglog']Man it's gonna take some kind of tweaking to work right. I currently have a problem with it not switching activities correctly. It won't switch inputs if I go back to another activity I've already activated previously[/QUOTE]

What kind of issues are you having? I'm probably going to get one for X-mas (high hopes), but I want to make sure it will switch my inputs also. I have a scrolling thing on ym Sony remote to select inputs.

Where is the "test drive" on their site? NEVERMIND

[quote name='h2dk']Any of you cheapasses mind sending me a copy of your receipt for the xbox 360?

The rebate says "Your sales receipts(s) or invoice(s) with purchase price and date circled"

I preordered mine through gamerush and the receipt shows a purchase price of $0.00 because I prepaid for it in whole. I don't want to get screwed on a technicality because I don't have a receipt that shows an actual amount.[/QUOTE]

My mistake...you don't need a copy of the 360 invoice, just a copy of the UPC and the invoice/receipt for the remote.

[quote name='sarausagi']And can I configure it via PC?[/QUOTE]Yes. You can take a Test Drive here: http://members.harmonyremote.com/Ea..._start.asp?Language=enu&AccountType=TestDrive

So, does that mean you DON'T have to buy the remote and 360 30 days from each other? I got my 360 on launch (22nd), so it will be more than 30 days by then.

According to CheapyDad (the keeper of the rebate), "The rebate has to be submitted within 30 days of purchase date of remote. "

hd2k- where in Oregon ya from?

went ahead and bought it. now i can get rid of that stinking philips neo pronto piece of crap. grrr... looks good on the website. i'm really looking forward to consolidating 4 remotes.

[quote name='themadbunny']hd2k- where in Oregon ya from?

went ahead and bought it. now i can get rid of that stinking philips neo pronto piece of crap. grrr... looks good on the website. i'm really looking forward to consolidating 4 remotes.[/QUOTE]

I am in Keizer...

Got the remote today...having problems getting the inputs to set correctly for my Hitachi 51s715...software keeps timing out.

I finally gave in and got one. I have wanted a universal remote for a while but I didn't want to get a crappy one. This one seems pretty cool plus I like how you can hit one button and it turns all your stuff on and to the right inputs.

[quote name='h2dk']I am in Keizer...

Got the remote today...having problems getting the inputs to set correctly for my Hitachi 51s715...software keeps timing out.[/QUOTE]

The software is pretty crappy. If it's still not working, you might try just directly logging into the website and setting everything up there. You'll have to disable popup blocker when you update through the site, though.

Wait, so if I order this, I have to have the rebate postmarked within 30 days of the purchase date of the Xbox or the remote? Because I bought the xbox on Nov 22nd.

[quote name='rrotundo']Wait, so if I order this, I have to have the rebate postmarked within 30 days of the purchase date of the Xbox or the remote? Because I bought the xbox on Nov 22nd.[/QUOTE]

I asked the same question above..SCROLL UP.

[quote name='CheapyD']According to CheapyDad (the keeper of the rebate), "The rebate has to be submitted within 30 days of purchase date of remote. "[/QUOTE]
And so it was passed on from the father to the son then to his disciples....

[quote name='aoLat']Man, $63 for a remote and it's a "deal". Times are-a-changing. :D[/QUOTE]
It's more than a channel changer. Nice and handy for those that have a HT set up.

[quote name='fujishig']The software is pretty crappy. If it's still not working, you might try just directly logging into the website and setting everything up there. You'll have to disable popup blocker when you update through the site, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. It works fine selecting Input 1, Input 2, etc. it is having a problem setting the TV to Antenna A or B. I know what needs to be done, but the software kept crapping out during the update.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']I'm definately considering this. Anyone use it with a comcast DVR? Does everything function, like the 30 second jump back feature?[/QUOTE]

Trust me...this remote will work with ANYTHING. You load the software into your computer, hook up the remote via USB, input the make and models of your components, and it creates it's own macros. You can manually change the behavior of each individual button via a drop down list (or create your own button labels). You can assign the 30 second jump button to anything. I LOVE that this remote will automatically turn components on and off depending on what you do.

For instance, if I select "Play Xbox 360", it turns on my xbox, then turns on both my tv and amp while setting them to the right inputs. If I decide to stop and watch a movie, all I do is press the button next to 'Watch DVD'. That's it!!! The remote automatically powers off the 360, powers on the dvd player, then adjusts the tv and amp inputs accordingly. Oh yeah...it turns everything off with one button too.

Hands down, the BEST purchase I've made in ages!!

I swear this thing has some kind of motion sensor in it as well...when I walk past it, the remote will glow for about 10 seconds. Anyone else get this?

so far I have it set up slightly, but till the activies start working better....

But yeah basically It'll change my inputs the first time I activate an activity. But after that if I switch to another activity and then switch back to the one I had before, bam it won't switch the inputs correctly anymore. BTW my TV uses a cycling button which might be part of the problem since it just presses the input button once instead of 4 times like it should to switch to component the 2nd time around. Really puzzling since it works the first time. Eiether way It works with my speakers which helps a whole lot. I got rid of 3 of my remotes into 1 :D plus that green glow is intoxicating

but yeah really if your device has an IR i'm 99% sure it'll control it. I only wish I had a switcher with an IR now or a real reciever haha then I could switch everything and turn on everything with a button.

bread's done
Back