Logitech Z-4 speakers - any good?

metaly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
I'm looking to get some new speakers for my computer. I don't need/have room for anything more elaborate than 2.1, so after browsing the reviews on Newegg for a while, I'm thinking about the Logitech Z-4s.

What's appealing:
- Overwhelmingly positive reviews
- Small subwoofer footprint
- Remote control pod
- Under $100

Just wondering if anyone has used a set of these for a while and has any impressions, warnings, suggestions for alternatives, etc.

No one? I hope this isn't a sign that I should be avoiding these things. :)

Anyone have a set of Logitech speakers they really love/hate?

I have the Z-5500s and haven't had any problems with them. Logitech really does have the best deals for quality computer speakers. I'm sure the Z-4s are really good, too.

"Enjoy 40 watts total RMS power from the pressure-driver subwoofer and two stylish satellites" -product spec sheet.

These are decent speakers it really depends what you want as the audio market is vast and can get confusing. These most likely have good and crisp highs and mids and will drop(not play) some of the bass sounds due to the hardware limitation.

Personally right now I use some cheap Yamaha studio speakers because where I am currently have extremely sound sensitive neighbors. The Z-4 would compare with them plus being able to have the audio quality sound whole (highs, lows, some mids) since it comes with a sub-woofer.

If you want to get a system with some "thump" I would suggest looking at the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system with 200 watts of power to the system. If you want a step down, I would say try the Logitech Z-2300 which is also a 200 watt system; but I am not a supporter of it as the sound quality is not the same to me.

I have the Z-4i which is pretty much the same thing. They have served me well for the past couple of years. I'm not an audiophile but I think the sound quality is very good.

The subwoofer is really sturdy. I've dropped them a couple of times (down stairs once and in the parking lot) and besides a small chip in the paint, it still works perfectly. The satellites, on the other hand, feel kind of flimsy. Each one has three circular rings and it feels like you could poke a hole in it with your finger. However, I move the speakers pretty often (at least once a month for the past two years) and nothing has happened to it.

I have those exact ones from Amazon. Above poster nailed the cosmetic feel of them. The bass on these is quite pronounced, I find I have to turn it down to really enjoy some audio, otherwise the desk shakes. Well worth the money for these though.

[quote name='xdl']I have those exact ones from Amazon. Above poster nailed the cosmetic feel of them. The bass on these is quite pronounced, I find I have to turn it down to really enjoy some audio, otherwise the desk shakes. Well worth the money for these though.[/QUOTE]

Agreed with the bass. For the most part, I keep them around halfway if I'm just messing with the computer. For games with lots of gunfire (L4D, Team Fortress) I keep them about quarter way.

bread's done
Back