Logo Design Contest! (2 Free 360 Games!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCDallas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
**** CONTEST IS OVER! WINNERS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED****

UPDATE: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY 8PM PST tonight, even if they are not done, submit them and I will consider giving you a winning spot and letting you finish it, I will be contacting the 3 winners tonight, one of which needs to get back to me to fix a small error on the logo before I can use it.

IMPORTANT: Because I am getting quite a few good ones I might just have them on rotation on the site, so I will probably be picking the top 3 and sending each of those 3 people a game.

I am just curious if anyone would be interested in quickly designing a logo for my crappy personal blog, Im just not very good at designing logos in Photoshop or Gimp, but don't just want plain text for my blog logo.

I figured I would ask first to see if you guys would be interested if I held a 3 day contest, best design (granted they are not all crap) will win Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (or possible a more expensive game if I like the logo enough), which I will ship to the winner on the 4th day completely free. Ill use this thread to start the contest tonight or tomorrow morning if enough people are interested. :bouncy:

EDIT:

Ok, sorry guys went out for dinner, looks like we have enough interested (hopefully ;) )

my blog is http://www.bloggnarly.com

I already have that logo up there but I want one thats more like www.thedirty.com ....only not pink, and not with a city....something....'gnarly'.... haha. Basically just more clean and professional looking, even though its basically just to show my friends cool videos I find, and whoever else stumbles across my blog.

Any more info that you would need let me know.

EDIT:2

So maybe a silhouette of a surfer slashing the logo, and a snowboarder airing over the top and a skateboarder grinding the logo(the words Blog Gnarly)? I dono thats probably really hard (at least to me) but it would be prime, haha. Anything is good though as long as I like it the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post up the link, sounds like enough people are interested/ have downloaded photoshop illegally via bittorrent. :p

I'd like to see your blog as well so that I can come up with something relevant otherwise it'll be hard to guess what it is lol...

I'd be interested in trying, need to know the name and what it's about (Preferably a link of course) before I could do anything though.

Ok, sorry guys went out for dinner, looks like we have enough interested (hopefully ;) )

my blog is http://www.bloggnarly.com

I already have that logo up there but I want one thats more like www.thedirty.com ....only not pink, and not with a city....something....'gnarly'.... haha. Basically just more clean and professional looking, even though its basically just to show my friends cool videos I find, and whoever else stumbles across my blog.

Any more info that you would need let me know.

So maybe a silhouette of a surfer slashing the logo, and a snowboarder airing over the top and a skateboarder grinding the logo (the words Blog Gnarly)? I dono thats probably really hard (at least to me) but it would be prime, haha. Anything is good though as long as I like it the most. :bouncy:

[quote name='SCDallas']So maybe a silhouette of a surfer slashing the logo, and a snowboarder airing over the top and a skateboarder grinding the logo (the words Blog Gnarly)? [/QUOTE]
That's no logo, thats a whole fucking story. A typeface and board abstraction logotype solution would be what you might be looking for.

I was tempted to whip up one of my paint masterpieces...but the way you described it, it even sounded too time consuming for the great MS paint.

you guys should water mark your logos when you give them to him... Just incase he decides to use all the logos in a rotation and or no game sent. Im not saying he will but you never know... So if you win and he wants yours, you just send the un-watermarked logo.

Good luck!

[quote name='jnam101006']Your logo specs are 750px x 259px, is that what you want for the new one?[/QUOTE]

yeah that would be ideal...

And in response to the watermark over the logo's, I don't mind it, but I edited the original post with my new thoughts, because I am liking a lot of these logo's and might just have them on rotation on the site, so I will probably be picking the top 3 and sending each of the 3 people a game.

Yeah, I PMed you the final (watermarked) version of my entry a few minutes ago since I forgot to watermark it before.

Aww man, I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back