Lollipop Chainsaw 39.99 fs Newegg

starscream615

CAGiversary!
Good game.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874330037&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL062612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL062612-_-EMC-062612-Index-_-Xbox360Games-_-74330037-L021B

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879333055&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL062612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL062612-_-EMC-062612-Index-_-PS3Games-_-79333055-L021A

Sorry for the long links, posting from my phone.

[quote name='CaoPi']This game has nothing on god hand, the length and depth of moves you can do in this game compares in no way

It was nice seeing the high school of the dead costumes and all... I didn't see myself replaying it with that huge backlog. My 1st run was with hard mode btw, the difficulty just doesn't compare to other action games out there. Some to name (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black, NG Sigma, Dynasty Warriors 7, DW Gundam 3)

Short story don't buy this game now if you got that backlog! Because you know it's only going to drop even more! After racking up games from bestbuy deals of the day and Amazon deals, who doesn't have a backlog?

Just reminded myself I need to start playing Red dead GOTY, and ICO HD collection which I picked up from Amazon for $20 both each recently...

Here's one from IGN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGsn_KATnGk[/QUOTE]
If your basing your judgment of how good a game is by what IGN says, then you've missed a ton of great games the past few years.
Here is a more honest review of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e6XQMCeXqY&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ&index=3&feature=plcp

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']I'll pick it up... when it drops down to $5.[/QUOTE]
Be sure to come back in Dec-Jan and tell us what you thought about the game :lol:

Big NMH fan and general action game fan here:
The high point of the game for me was the boss fights, which are big changes from the standard gameplay and generally impressive. If you like boss fights I'd say fighting the hippie chick Mariska (right?) would probably be worth the price of admission.
Also the music is outstanding.

That being said, the story/dialogue/characters are all pretty terrible. that may have been intentional, but it does not help the game in my eyes. The combat is stilted which appears to be intentional as well. The quick pom-pom attacks are focused on individual enemies and slow, heavy chainsaw swings are not. In addition cancelling attacks with dodges appears inconsistent: You can canccel pom-pom chains and chainsaw chains, but not pom-pom TO chainsaw chains. Combat does open up late-game when you get more combo abilities, though.

If I'm being completely honest, though, the main reason I was let down is because my hopes were so high. It is mediocre, not a train wreck. If I came into this game blind I probably would have been fine with it, but that's what happens when you advertise a game on the strength of a well-known industry name.

I've learned to just ignore the reviews and haters and just enjoy the damn fun game. I got way more fun and enjoyment out of the $45 I spent for this game than I do with any Call of Duty or crap like that. :D

[quote name='Dokstarr']Big fan of the game. Played through it the first time. I've played through like 40% of it on a second play through and also randomly did lie 25% on very hard. I like the story, humor, style, etc, but the actual gameplay didn't start picking up until probably half way or so through the first play through. (I was stupid and saved up for like the one big attack that costs 750 instead of buying the smaller ones). The earning the points to get a high score seem pretty fun so far. I see myself finishing off the rest of the game on a 2nd play through and then do a few more of the other random things to get some of the cheevos. Maybe I am a bad judge of games sometimes. My favorite games of the last few years include the likes of Deadly Premonition, Nier, Catherine and this. There are more of course, but these are games that got mixed reviews or worse.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Those so called AAA titles don't even interest me anymore.

I think CaoPi's intention was too piss you guys off. Also it's IGN, their reviews are for laughs, look at how many dislikes there are! I'm guessing they played the game for about 2 hours and reviewed?

This thread sure shows how much people are SALLLLTYY about other's opinions of games. $40 may not be much when your sleeping in your mom's basement but, there's other things to pay for in life....

[quote name='DuffHomer']I think CaoPi's intention was too piss you guys off. Also it's IGN, their reviews are for laughs, look at how many dislikes there are! I'm guessing they played the game for about 2 hours and reviewed?

This thread sure shows how much people are SALLLLTYY about other's opinions of games. $40 may not be much when your sleeping in your mom's basement but, there's other things to pay for in life....[/QUOTE]

I have my own house, a wife, a career, a car, and a family like many ppl on here do. How about you?

bread's done
Back