London Gaming stores

titanium

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm off to London tomorrow, and for sure, I'll be looking to buy some games over there (mostly PS3 games because of the region lock for 360). I'll be around the Chelsea Football Club, so anyone know which store I should look out for?

i would say for second hand games CEX

for anything else i would say blockbuster, they do some awesome deals
stay away from GAME.

Thanks for the info. I had already took note of GAME as I had once ordered from their online shop, but why should I skip it?

[quote name='titanium']Thanks for the info. I had already took note of GAME as I had once ordered from their online shop, but why should I skip it?[/QUOTE]

Game will have a decent choice of games, but piss poor prices.

Thanks for the heads up. Not exactly sure what I'll buy really as there isn't that many European exclusive PS3 games. I will definitely pick up the Heavy Rain LE and the Wipeout HD (BD version instead of download only). Apart from that, it will depend on the price.

Right, I don't think there's much worth buying here that isn't available in the US - other than Heavy Rain, if the US box art bothers you. (You might have a hard time finding a special edition, but the normal version has roughly the same box art.)

picture.php

Also, don't forget that a lot of games on 360 are region-free too.

[quote name='Serde']You've probably seen this before:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html
but it'll tell you what 360 games from the uk will work on the 360 in other regions, though take note they will be in black and white unless they are on a hd tv. Either way, can be useful.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I saw the play-asia list, except that it's not very useful the other way around. They sell Asian and US games, so they don't have the listing for European games to know if they work on a US console. So, just to be on the safe side I doubt I'll buy them. I will have to restrict my purchases to PS3, DS and PSP and maybe second hand GBA if there's still some. I might also buy Bluray movies if I find something cheap.

[quote name='titanium']I will definitely pick up the Heavy Rain LE[/QUOTE]

If you want to grab your limited edition of Heavy Rain, drop by HMV. That's the only place they sell it. (I believe anyway)

bread's done
Back