London terrorist aftermath + 7/9 breaking news - Birmingham being evacuated!!

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
After 9/11 and four seasons of 24, i'm paranoid.. apparently power surges ripped through the subway.. which shut down the entire subway system.. this happened shortly before 9am there, or 3am eastern.. and a bit afterwards, three different buses exploded.. ok.. is this a fucking terrorist attack or what.. what the fuck is going on.. they say people are laying on the ground covered in smoke and blood, the entire subway system is shut down, power is out.. wtf is going on, guys

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188265,00.html
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8492258/

they're saying power surges.. but at two different parts of town right at the most inconvienent time, followed by two or three bus explosions?

i'm talking on MSN to two friends in the UK.. and one just lost her cell phone signal.

yes, i'm paranoid.

this just in:

The company who supply the power to the london underground have said no power serge passed through their network

union sources say 3 buses have been blown up

//new edit: CNN is now covering it as breaking news, they've gotten rid of the "power surge" thing and it's now "Seven explosions on London's transportation system"

story.scene1.cnn.jpg

Bus system was shut down! Talking to my friend in London, he was supposed to be in one of the stations but was running late.. they're starting to say its a "very organized terrorist attack designed to scare people" or something..

After seeing 24, i'm paranoid because it's luring everyone out into the streets..

edit: and fuck you people making jokes about the olympics and whatnot, this is a serious situation

Protest against Live 8 concerts maybe? Or maybe it's just a bunch of scottish people fed up with Bono being their international representative!

[quote name='Scorch']Bus system was shut down! Talking to my friend in London, he was supposed to be in one of the stations but was running late.. they're starting to say its a "very organized terrorist attack designed to scare people" or something..

After seeing 24, i'm paranoid because it's luring everyone out into the streets..

edit: and fuck you people making jokes about the olympics and whatnot, this is a serious situation[/QUOTE]

It was a legit question. It made me wonder if some other host city had won the Olympic games, if terrorist attacks would occur there.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']What do you mean fuck you? I'm not making a fucking joke jerkass. Christ. You think I'm laughing at the fact that there's people dying? It was a legit question. It made me fucking wonder if some other host city had won the Olympic games, if terrorist attacks would occur there.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't directed to you, it was directed to Trakan.

[quote name='Scorch']It wasn't directed to you, it was directed to Trakan.[/QUOTE]

Well you said "you people"
I'll edit my message.

Weird. I'm watching ABC News Now and CBS Up to the Minute and there hasn't been a single mention of the situation in London.

EDIT: For those interested, NBC Today is now covering the story.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Well you said "you people"
I'll edit my message.

Weird. I'm watching ABC News Now and CBS Up to the Minute and there hasn't been a single mention of the situation in London.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Up until a few seconds ago, CNN was the ONLY one covering this.. MSNBC was first, CNN dismissed it as a minor headline claiming power surge.. now they've completely ruled out a power surge.. CNBC and FoxNews are now covering, but FoxNews is linked to a UK station..

my god, I just saw a bus that was blown up.. there's nothing left..

multiple fatalities, entire subway and bus system closed.. the entire city is more or less shut down

[quote name='Scorch']It wasn't directed to you, it was directed to Trakan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cept I wasn't making jokes, I was being serious.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Well you said "you people"
I'll edit my message.

Weird. I'm watching ABC News Now and CBS Up to the Minute and there hasn't been a single mention of the situation in London.

EDIT: For those interested, NBC Today is now covering the story.[/QUOTE]

Lol my local ABC and CBS stations are playing local news reruns from 5am and my local NBC just cut to a KFC commercial...cuz everyone needs fried chicken. Thank god for cable, MSNBC all the way! :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, cept I wasn't making jokes, I was being serious.[/QUOTE]

It's a serious possibility to take into consideration. The timing is awfully close to be coincidental, although it still could be coincidental. It could also be a deliberate message. Man, this kind of thing makes me sick to my stomach. My sister spent a semester in London and I was worried the whole time she was there that something like this would happen.

Hmm, that sucks. I hope they figure out if this is some weird glitch or a terrorist attack soon, though the fact that the Olympics thing was just announced recently might've been a factor....or not.

[quote name='Eviltude']Lol my local ABC and CBS stations are playing local news reruns from 5am and my local NBC just cut to a KFC commercial...cuz everyone needs fried chicken. Thank god for cable, MSNBC all the way! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what to say to you....

Just saw on NBC Today, anywhere between 50-90 fatalities. "Perhaps thousands of people trapped in the subways" "Reports of trains hitting each other"

EDIT:
It's not a glitch. 3 buses have been confirmed to have "exploded" along with the subway train station problems. They're beginning to call it a coordinated attack.

Also I just remebered this may be connected to the G8 Summit which is in nearby Scotland.

Ya this was f'd up to begin but now its supe F;d up. 3 busses down and like all of london is closed. Hurray for the Fire Brigade and whatever they call cops over there.

They just said they are taking out all of the busses and clearing them out in London. So much for sleeping today.

As a side note, I was planning on playing thru FFX and FFVIII tonight(Or begining to) and I got sucked into halo and now this. Damnit. Oh well, I guess this is better than having a giant monster named Sin touch you and take out entire countries.

[quote name='Scorch']People are all over the streets.. i'm scared that there's going to be suicide bombers or something.. god..[/QUOTE]
Yeah if people aren't there to help or looking for someone, they should just go home.

I want to hear what PM Blair has to say. Personally I find him way more interesting and intelligent than Bush(Even though I am somewhat of a supporter). He needs to hurry up and get out there.

*EDIT*
Tony Blair just reported to give a speech @ 12 noon UK Time, thats 7am Eastern.

british troops are on the street now
police think there will be more explosions

bus system down, subway system down.. people in the streets.. im paranoid.. please no suicide bombers..

[quote name='Scorch']british troops are on the street now
police think there will be more explosions

bus system down, subway system down.. people in the streets.. im paranoid.. please no suicide bombers..[/QUOTE]
Do you live in the UK? Anyone in the UK on here yet/atm? I just think they might be getting a little more of a direct source. When they pass it on to the FOX people I feel like they are bouncing around too much.

ADDED
Still can't believe that the local news stations are starting off with a look at hurrican dennis in the carribean before even going to the murders in hampton roads(My area), much less the coverage of an international terror attack...

Apparently Scotland Yard Intelligence contacted Isreali Officials gave them a warning of terror attacks....wtf mate?

Why does ESPN cover 9/11 that day but not this? Is it not as important. F them. I smell a boycot!

no, i'm not in london..

they've said there's snipers on the roofs and the guards at buckingham palace are armed with machine guns

Blair is leaving G8 and going to London! Of course, he'll be going back to G8 afterwards. Blair's more hardcore than Cactus Jack. The man's got balls.

yea just heard that too...
they just said at least 90 injured and walking injured coming out of the subways screaming :\...this is really terrible

[quote name='greydemise']yea just heard that too...
they just said at least 90 injured and walking injured coming out of the subways screaming :\...this is really terrible[/QUOTE]

I just heard 90 fatalities on local Fox.

And I'm going into the DC metro system, should be interesting.

[quote name='Scorch']Blair is leaving G8 and going to London! Of course, he'll be going back to G8 afterwards. Blair's more hardcore than Cactus Jack. The man's got balls.[/QUOTE]

Yes, unlike Bush who was a clueless twit during 9/11, and hid in Air Force 1 for a few days until it was all over.

Maybe the G8 protestors have taken their protest beyond the peaceful ways they claim to stick to? either way, this is a horrible tragedy, with enormous repercussions not evident today.

[quote name='Mike23']Maybe the G8 protestors have taken their protest beyond the peaceful ways they claim to stick to? either way, this is a horrible tragedy, with enormous repercussions not evident today.[/QUOTE]

An unknown branch of al-Qaeda is claiming responsibility, whether or not they really did it.

Listening to BBC Radio right now, apparently witnesses say that explosions went off in the subway system first, in the confusion, people didn't realize that it may be a terrorist attack and that the subway system was closed so people started to crowd the buses to get to work. Then witnesses say that a suicide bomber denotated a bomb on top of one of the double decker buses. If that is true, it will be the first suicide bomber attack ever in England.

So why hasn't Homeland Security raised the color-coded terra level yet? Since the election's over, does that mean it was all a farce to scare the crap out of people?

[quote name='Eviltude']Apparently Scotland Yard Intelligence contacted Isreali Officials gave them a warning of terror attacks....wtf mate?

Why does ESPN cover 9/11 that day but not this? Is it not as important. F them. I smell a boycot![/QUOTE]

Because the furthest away people are, and the less like you they are, the less important they are.

Do you think, for example, that ESPN should cover every single terrorist attack in Israel? keep in mind that in some periods there are multiple attacks there per week.

Or maybe only attacks that kill over 50 should be counted?

[quote name='red flare graf']I'm pretty sure that's a misread, everyone else says injuries.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it wasn't 90 casualties? People often mix up the two and casualty only refers to injuries.

4 explosions, 2 fatalities, over 150 injuries.

Traffic is still moving and the majority of people are carrying on with their lives.

That is the strongest message you can send to the terrorists.

[quote name='the3rdkey']What is the G8 conference?[/QUOTE]

The G8 summit is a meeting of 8 of the biggest industrialized powers being
Canada, France, Germany, Japan, ITaly, Russia, the UK and the United States of America(I think the Eu is represented as well). They discuss responses to common problems, economics, and whatever else. They don't so much make resolutions as network. They also have discussions regarding the functions and operations of such organizations as the WTO and IMF. I think Africa will be a big topic this year, if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='Quackzilla']4 explosions, 2 fatalities, over 150 injuries.

Traffic is still moving and the majority of people are carrying on with their lives.

That is the strongest message you can send to the terrorists.[/QUOTE]

That is so true. What these terrorists want is the publicity of the event. They want to see the media showing burning wreckage and injured people. Sometimes I wish that media outlets would avoid covering these attacks at all. It would be funny if each terrorist attack was explained away as a mechanical problem or a fire.

I know that isn't possible and that we have to report the news, but the way the media reacts every time there is an attack plays right into their hands.

[quote name='lebowsky']That is so true. What these terrorists want is the publicity of the event. They want to see the media showing burning wreckage and injured people. Sometimes I wish that media outlets would avoid covering these attacks at all. It would be funny if each terrorist attack was explained away as a mechanical problem or a fire.

I know that isn't possible and that we have to report the news, but the way the media reacts every time there is an attack plays right into their hands.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in america...making a buck is our first concern... so Time/Life releases 800 books about the twin towers and people buy them all to feel like they were a part of history.

Yay....

I think people are misunderstanding the word "casualty." I know in America we use it to indicate someone who's died, but I'm pretty sure in England a casualty is someone who's been hurt in some way, but not necessarily killed.

bread's done
Back