Long Island CAGtogether with full details in OP! This Saturday! UPDATED 5/16! 18+

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Saturday May 17th 2008 at 2PM

Dave & Busters in the Source Mall
1504 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
516-542-8501
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locat...eststateProvince=NY&destpostalCode=11590-5175

You must be 18+ to get in!

I just set up the private room, food and drinks are paid for, you will need pay your own way for game cards, they don't have that promo for large groups right now.

RSVP by PM please

Confirms So Far:
Wombat
Shipwreck
Del Far
Willardhaven
BladeZ
soccerstud652
bmachine
DoubleEcksZero
scion of ys
Kromax
nesfan8222
TomoyoN
Wooten (+1)
OCDBuzz311
FrankTheFrowner
Dark_Magus
Gamenads
nadsofed
SnotRocket
Covnam
KingsOfNewYork
franz ferdinand
s0lid
+ around 15 more cags I am too lazy to cut and paste into the thread

[quote name='Strider2K99']What's Dave and Busters like? I've never been there.[/quote]

It's like a giant obnoxious sports bar with a giant obnoxious arcade attached.

Getting my stuff together to leave tomorrow. Got my iPod, DS, PSP, and Macbook packed. Now I should think about doing some laundry. What to wear, what to wear...

[quote name='shipwreck']What to wear, what to wear...[/quote]

If you show up in anything but that fancy little number in your avatar many of us will be very disappointed.

Doughboy hat or GTFO!

You know, I've lived in Jersey all my life, but the only time I've been to LI is passing over in a plane. Well, time to change that. I'll be heading over with His Lemony Freshness. I look forward to using you all for Mingle Points in The World Ends With You.

[quote name='Orion_of_Chaos']I look forward to using you all for Mingle Points in The World Ends With You.[/quote]
Just bought that game yesterday but I haven't tried it yet...what are Mingle Points?

[quote name='scion of ys']i wish this was in manhattan, since it would make things so much easier. otherwise if its during a time where im free theni am definitely up for it.[/quote]
Time isn't an issue for me, I live in Brooklyn and all that, I just don't have a car to drive out there. I'm sure it's gonna be a blast though. :)

hi i live in maryland so i think i will go this party so if somebody want ride just contact to me

[quote name='bmachine']Just bought that game yesterday but I haven't tried it yet...what are Mingle Points?[/quote]

A few days into the story you get "Mingle Mode" in the cell phone menu. While you leave your DS on Mingle, it'll search for any other DSs in the area communicating wirelessly, no matter what they're doing. For each person you encounter who also has their DS with TWEWY on Mingle, you get 50 pp and they're added as a shop in your friend list. For every non-TWEWY player you encouter, you get 20 pp. Also, at random points while in Mingle Mode the game will say you encountered an alien and it gives you 100 pp.

The catch is that some pins you get only evolve with Mingle Points, and can't with either Shutdown PP or Battle PP. Some pins also have multiple possible evolutions, some of which can only be gotten with Mingle PP.

[quote name='Orion_of_Chaos']A few days into the story you get "Mingle Mode" in the cell phone menu. While you leave your DS on Mingle, it'll search for any other DSs in the area communicating wirelessly, no matter what they're doing. For each person you encounter who also has their DS with TWEWY on Mingle, you get 50 pp and they're added as a shop in your friend list. For every non-TWEWY player you encouter, you get 20 pp. Also, at random points while in Mingle Mode the game will say you encountered an alien and it gives you 100 pp.

The catch is that some pins you get only evolve with Mingle Points, and can't with either Shutdown PP or Battle PP. Some pins also have multiple possible evolutions, some of which can only be gotten with Mingle PP.[/quote]

I have no idea what this means, but it makes me want to try the game now!

I'd really love to go but I don't drink...would I stick out like a sore thumb? Probably. I live in Eastern Connecticut so it wouldn't be too far to go. I'd love to meet you guys in person =) That'd be so awesome. Anyone else not drink or am I the only one? You said 18 can get in...so does that mean you can drink at 18 in New York? I'm not exactly up on liquor laws.

I'm 25 btw so it's not an age issue =P

Glad to know I'm not the only non-drinker :) I'd totally be up for this if I can get my wife to let me (probably the most difficult thing). I'm guessing she won't as I'd have to call out of work...hmmm so tempting though!

Trading games totally makes sense btw.

[quote name='BrandonMills']You guys have fun on the Fung Wah :p I'll be on the BoltBus ( boltbus.com )[/quote]

Well, for those looking to avoid the chinatown buses coming down from Boston you guys should look into grayhound e-tickets. boltbus has variable pricing if im not mistaken.

I believe they sell online for $39 round trip, saying it'd make for a more pleasant trip is an understatement :cool:

I'd make it myself if nyc public transportation werent such a hassle, but hope it'll be a good time for those that do show up

I'll probably bring some games to trade.

I don't want to have to carry them around the restaurant all afternoon so I may have to bring my murse.

Oh, and I'm going to drink like a fish.

[quote name='scion of ys']i support the idea of bringing in games to trade. anyone else doing that?[/quote]

I honestly don't know if I have any games I would trade.... well good ones at least.

I wish I can come. But it's kinda too far, and I have to work on sat. =\

Next year maybe host the party in Manhattan, or somewhere in the nyc.

My friend Wills birthday coincides with this event. As much as I'd love a CAG meetup I need to attend his birthday show. Have a brew for me caggies.

Guests under the age of 18 (Westbury) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 25 years of age or older

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']www.hopstop.com[/quote]Thanks, but holy shit that is a pain in the ass to get to Long Island. I wish you guys would have made it somewhere else, I really wanted to go to. It did help me to discover I won't be going to Jones Beach concerts anytime soon.

[quote name='Bazz']Thanks, but holy shit that is a pain in the ass to get to Long Island. I wish you guys would have made it somewhere else, I really wanted to go to. It did help me to discover I won't be going to Jones Beach concerts anytime soon.[/quote]

You could take the LIRR to Carle Place then taxi the rest or even walk it from there. Let me know if you want to do this and need more information as I will probably be doing it this way.

I do not think it is going to happen way to complicated to do all this. Funny cause by car 20 min by public transportation 2 hours.

Attention CAGs planning on attending... consider signing up for the D&B rewards club to get 10$ in free gameplay. I just stumbled across it on their site... click on "Get Rewards" at the top of the site and fill in the required info. If you do it now, you should hopefully receive your 10$ gameplay before the 5th BDay CAGtacular.

As a side note, I got a coupon from Virgin Megastore in union sq. the other day for 10$ free gameplay when i buy 10$ at D&B... but it's only valid at the Times Square location... Thanks a lot you beaurocrats.

Way too far. Somewhere in Brooklyn or Manhattan but Long Island? Perhaps anyone in the brooklyn area want to come with a 15 year old?

[quote name='Microshock']Way too far. Somewhere in Brooklyn or Manhattan but Long Island? Perhaps anyone in the brooklyn area want to come with a 15 year old?[/quote]

uh... no :whistle2:s

can you say, the proverbial "lawsuit waiting to happen" :bomb:

jk

guys, that's my birthday! Yay! Also, if you guys had this party next month instead of this month, then I could attend, as I'll be in New York in June-July, but alas. I will be drunk with all you guys in spirit, along with all other 18+ CAGs. Have fun.

I'll defiantly be there. I managed to switch days with a coworker. I did RSVP twice, but I'm not sure if Wombat got either.

calling all CAG in buffalo down for a road trip to westbury, NY

I'm a quiet one, but you guys have saved me a fortune, so the least I can do is say hi and play some arcade games with you. Count me in.

Shane

Out of curiosity when we get to the D&B, where will we meet up once we get inside? Will we all just gather around the Wombat?

At this point, Wombat should probably rent out the billiards room. This place is so noisy and we're all just going to ignore each other, but at least with pool, you can drink and chat and get to know people. Just an idea. Wombat, if you need money to book a room, I would chip in. I know its late, but i hope there is more planning going on here than we think....

Yes, do not worry about the RSVP, Dave and Busters does not take reservations, The RSVP was just so I could get a basic headcount to make sure this was worth the effort, we are way past that amount, everyone is welcome.

I just set up the private room, food and drinks are paid for, you will need pay your own way for game cards, they don't have that promo for large groups right now.

Damn the weekend you guys do this... is the weekend that I go away!

Oh well... I'm sure there will be more to come!

bread's done
Back