Long story short... the OTT was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 20 miles from the epicenter. Scared the shit out of me.
t1larg.earthquake.map.jpg

EDIT:
Bonus- What I thought the earthquake was in order:
1. Someone jumping upstairs (I'm alone right now)
2. My water heater exploding
3. earthquake
4. atomic bomb
5. a plane falling or something
6. earthquake

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']How long did the shaking last where you were at packers. It was about 5 seconds here.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, at least 30 seconds, maybe a little longer. It was pretty strong here. When it first started it felt like someone set a small bomb off in the back of my house.

My house just started swaying like it was hanging out at the 7th grade dance and finally got a girl to dance with it. Either that or like a tornado touched down in my back yard.

I thought it was one of those random 50+mph gusts of wind we've seen a lot in the last year or so... and then I realized my floor was swaying/rumbling and said "earthquake?" in disbelief.

I'm still kind of lightheaded/feeling vertigo-ish... but at least my adrenaline rush of "holyshitwtfbbqomg" has died down.

--

Hey MNL, when you did your fightstick art -- did you have sites that were good to find SF artwork at?

Now I'm starting to feel very light rattling (2nd time since the quake). It seems like what people felt varies from shaking to swaying.

I was at my grandparents and things shook for roughly 10 seconds. I just got that odd vertigo feeling and then said, "Are we having an earthquake?", to which my grandpa replied, "Unless the house is sinking..." My grandma didn't notice because she always sways back and forth.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Hey MNL, when you did your fightstick art -- did you have sites that were good to find SF artwork at?[/QUOTE]

I think you accidentally a word there.

I created my fightstick art in Photoshop using various hi-res images from the internet. deviantart and 4chan are great places to find hi-res images.

Went to borders today. Still was surprisingly alot left at 40-50% off clearance prices. DVDs are still way over priced but there were plenty of sci-fi/mystery paperbacks left. Couldn't peruse too well since we had the little monsters with us and they wanted to stay in the childrens area.

Will be going back in a couple weeks once things drop even lower to scrounge what's left. There were plenty of the Lego Minifigs left all marked 40% off for those who collect em.

I've gotta say, the best lesson/realization/wake-up call/whatever I've gotten from the past year+ hasn't been from college, but just from living on my own.

Food is fucking expensive. Like, I don't eat a whole lot of foods, and damn. That adds up. I'm a savvy shopper, too. BOGO and such is usually all I buy. I've spent probably 80-100 on grocery store food (not like eating out food) since I arrived in Gainesville on Thursday.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I think you accidentally a word there.

I created my fightstick art in Photoshop using various hi-res images from the internet. deviantart and 4chan are great places to find hi-res images.[/QUOTE]

I was more or less looking for large high quality SF artwork for doing custom game covers over in the GAF thread.
I'll have to check 4chan. Thanks.

Fuuuuck. Rumours have iPhone 5 going to sprint in October -- I could cancel my VZW plan through the end of the August, I think, but then I have no phone until it releases on Sprint sometime in October, if the rumours are correct.

[quote name='seanr1221']Her mom hates both of us and I think I've talked to her dad twice.[/QUOTE]

FYI, to lessor extent you are also marrying her family.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I was more or less looking for large high quality SF artwork for doing custom game covers over in the GAF thread.
I'll have to check 4chan. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
/gif/ and /b/ = solid resources.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']FYI, to lessor extent you are also marrying her family.
[/QUOTE]

Eh, normally I'd agree, but unless they have a pretty big turn-around in their behavior, we've been distant from them for the past 3 years.

---

Mak, that's awesome.

[quote name='Maklershed']Saw this on the gaf and had a giggle ..

quake.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Uncle Phil must have fallen out of bed.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Anyone feel any aftershocks?[/QUOTE]

I felt three. One was around 2:45, one was around 3, and the other around 8. None of them were big at all, but the last one was a lot bigger than the first two. Earlier USGS said that the 8 one was a 4.2, but it's not on their website anymore so who knows.

This is going to be a rough week. 14 hour days tomorrow and Thursday then a day off for PAX. Then Saturday and Sunday working 5-6 hour half days then hitting PAX for the rest of it.

So I've has an iPad 2 since launch and suddenly yesterday my iPad's 3g verizon is not working. I fiddle with different fixes and then I say fuck it and call verizon. They tell me my iPad has a twin (same MEID number or something) and it apparently happened with a few, but what verizon people are supposed to do is advise the new owner to go return their new iPad for a new one with a different number... instead this twin of mine got their iPad activated and mine was forced to deactivate. Verizon tells me they can't deactivate the other one and reactivate mine because that's against the rules, so I have to return my day 1 iPad to get a new one. So irritating.

sorry Lulu, that sucks!!! I *HATE* Verizon. They are the mother fucking DEVIL.

I was just thinking about you last night. Haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?

Got Deus Ex yesterday but didn't get a chance to tuck in yet. How is it?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']This is going to be a rough week. 14 hour days tomorrow and Thursday then a day off for PAX. Then Saturday and Sunday working 5-6 hour half days then hitting PAX for the rest of it.[/QUOTE]

Reppin that Fear 4?

[quote name='Maklershed']Got Deus Ex yesterday but didn't get a chance to tuck in yet. How is it?[/QUOTE]

Only played an hour or so, but I'm enjoying it. The first "real" level feels a lot like Liberty Island from the original. Very open about how to approach the situation.

[quote name='Maklershed']Reppin that Fear 4?[/QUOTE]

Nope, working on a game that's actually awesome.

[quote name='Maklershed']Got Deus Ex yesterday but didn't get a chance to tuck in yet. How is it?
[/QUOTE]

Dunno...Amazon wont ship mine till next week because I like Free Shipping and refuse to get Prime. :evil:

So I really want that charging dock for the TouchPad, and the wireless keyboard... it would make it like a little desktop station.

Keyboard is $35 and charging dock is $40 though. That's a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back