Looking for a 32"-36" LCD HDTV

Nicko

CAGiversary!
Really want to buy a good yet inexpensive 32-36" flat panel LCD HDTV. Looking to spend between $400-600. I am probably the most interested in Vizio's 32" and 36", as I hear they are good quality and fairly cheap. My friend told me he got a Vizio 32" at costco for around $400 a while back. Anyone know any good deals on LCD HDTV's of this size?

Thanks for any help.
Nicko

Digital Lifestyles? Hmm... I'd steer clear. Hell, I'd recommend a Olevia over that. lol

OP I'd say go with the Vizio, I haven't tried it but I've heard the same thing.

Thanks for the posts guys.

TV's like these are frequently included in rebates and temp price drops of $50-$100, so I think I will wait it out a bit longer.

I KNOW that at one point Costco had the 32" vizio for around $450.

They also recently had the 32" Sharp LCD for $600 after $100 off, but I was not looking for a TV at that time.

I say go with it. I bought a 32" and 42" (1080p) and love the quality. Dual HDMI in both. The only disadvantage is that the 32" is 720p/1080i (duh) and the menu is kinda lacking in my opinion. But for $600, I love the TV.
BTW, check BJ's. I got the smaller set for 599 and the larger for 999.

I have an Insignia for Sale for 450, it is a 32 inch. It's in great condition, a morning news bedroom tv.

Not sure if anyone would be interested, I can send pictures.

[quote name='russellgreco']I have an Insignia for Sale for 450, it is a 32 inch. It's in great condition, a morning news bedroom tv.

Not sure if anyone would be interested, I can send pictures.[/QUOTE]

Shipping would be a pita.

I agree for the most part. The good part is I have the original box still (I keep all my original boxes). So I could theoretically put it in the box and ship it safely that way.

[quote name='Nicko']WOOT! Talk about perfect timing! Tomorrow is the first of the month, so got 2 make sure to check out the ads/deals like crazy. Thanks for the heads up![/quote]

Let us know if you find one Nicko. Thanks!

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Let us know if you find one Nicko. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Will do. I'l keep you guys updated.

i'm interested in a deal on a new 32" so i'll be watching this thread ...but my question is, why don't they make 32" 1080p hdtvs? it baffles me that it is not a standard and the norm is only 720p. i know there are some 32" hdtv but they're very pricey and it sucks

[quote name='anarchyburger']i'm interested in a deal on a new 32" so i'll be watching this thread ...but my question is, why don't they make 32" 1080p hdtvs? it baffles me that it is not a standard and the norm is only 720p. i know there are some 32" hdtv but they're very pricey and it sucks[/quote]

Some may say otherwise, but everything I've ever heard/read is that anything under 40" doesn't really benefit from 1080p.

OP: I've had my 37" Vizio since last January and I've never regretted it. ($899 @ Sam's Club) We went there looking to get the 32", then saw the 37" looming over it, it seemed so much bigger for only being a 5" difference.

I have a question for you guys; anyone know where you can see future ad info for stuff other than video games? I have been looking around the CAG forums, but can't find anything like the VG sunday ad threads for other electronics.

Although it's still bigger than the requested size, CC's got up to $150 off through today for tv's 40" and up.

Check it out.

Oddly, there's a few exceptions to the 40" rule, like this 37" LG model, with coupon for $300 off retail price total.
I'd get it if it weren't about $300 out of my price range.

In reply to Watchman,

Thanks for posting that info. The LG 37" is actually really nice, especially with that 5ms response time. Unfortunately it is also out of my price range by about $300 as well.

Hopefully we will see some significant drops across all retailers next week.

[quote name='Nicko']In reply to Watchman,

Thanks for posting that info. The LG 37" is actually really nice, especially with that 5ms response time. Unfortunately it is also out of my price range by about $300 as well.

Hopefully we will see some significant drops across all retailers next week.[/quote]

Yeah, LG's really impressed me with their image quality. I actually have a 22'' one right now, but I have to return it-- it was an open box and has this annoying tick of dimming even darker when the picture is predominantly black.

I too hope to see this alleged price drop next week that's been rumored to happen too.

I'm in the exact same boat. Pretty sure I'm going with the Samsung LN32A330.

Looked at sets at Best Buy the other day and this one looked pretty sharp. Has the best contrast ratio of all the similar set. Best Buy has it for $700 PLUS I have a 12% off coupon AND a $50 rewards zone certificate that'll know the price down to $565 before taxes.

[quote name='Watchman']Well, according to tomorrow's BB ad, that alleged HDTV price drop isn't in effect yet.

Crap.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks like it might take longer than we initially thought. I am pretty sure the reason is because the rebate checks are still waiting to be mailed out. The company's would want to make sure the money is in people's hands before dropping the bomb. All up to the government at this point.

Nicko

[quote name='Nicko']Yeah, looks like it might take longer than we initially thought. I am pretty sure the reason is because the rebate checks are still waiting to be mailed out. The company's would want to make sure the money is in people's hands before dropping the bomb. All up to the government at this point.

Nicko[/quote]

I pretty much thought the same thing-- but digital (read: auto-deposit) checks went out at the very beginning of the month (mine was on the first day!)-- I guess they're waiting for the backwater paper checks to arrive.

Screw that. I need a new TV before June 12th hits. MGS4!!!!!

Just ordered this 32" Samsung from amazon today for $750.

Right now they've got free "white-glove" delivery on models over 27" which is a plus, as well as no tax like always.

That tv just dropped $50 msrp according to the BB and CC ads this week, and both had it an additional $50 off making it $800 at B & M stores. I picked it up because I've been eyeing this model for the past few months and wasn't sure if amazon's price drop is just to match their ads this week or if it'll stay down.

At the time of this posting its listed as $730 so keep checking back on price because within the past 2 days i've seen the tv at 4 different prices between $760 and $730 (all from amazon, none of the other distributors). So just keep checking, plus you can take advantage of their 30 day post-order price guarantee.

Well, according to the BB/Target/CC thread for DVD's this week (there's a link for the NY BB ad in it), those rumored HD drops still haven't occurred. I think I'm going to swing by and pick up that OOB Toshiba I posted about in a separate thread here for $449-- if it turns out the drop happens and I find something better in the next 30 days, then good on me.

The HD drop rumor has been pretty disappointing.
So far i've only seen a few small drops, but only in the TV's that are $999 and up. And it's usually only 50-100 dollars or so.

If anything i've seen a RISE in prices here and there.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']The HD drop rumor has been pretty disappointing.
So far i've only seen a few small drops, but only in the TV's that are $999 and up. And it's usually only 50-100 dollars or so.

If anything i've seen a RISE in prices here and there.[/quote]i agree, no significant price drops yet. maybe they'll come next month...

[quote name='anarchyburger']i agree, no significant price drops yet. maybe they'll come next month...[/QUOTE]

Yea, sorry guys. I don't know what happened to that rumored price drop. Guess maybe the manufacturers maybe got scared by the recent high gas prices and decided to wait longer to drop stuff. I really hope this happens eventually.

Nicko

bread's done
Back