Looking for a 32"-36" LCD HDTV

Nicko

CAGiversary!
Really want to buy a good yet inexpensive 32-36" flat panel LCD HDTV. Looking to spend between $400-600. I am probably the most interested in Vizio's 32" and 36", as I hear they are good quality and fairly cheap. My friend told me he got a Vizio 32" at costco for around $400 a while back. Anyone know any good deals on LCD HDTV's of this size?

Thanks for any help.
Nicko

[quote name='Wazzup36']I got one, kinda of a blind impulse, but is this a good tv? I was going to get the 32" Sony bravia, but I just couldn't pass this up with free shipping and no tax.[/quote]

I would suggest doing some searching around the web. Cnet's a good place to start.

[quote name='Wazzup36']I got one, kinda of a blind impulse, but is this a good tv? I was going to get the 32" Sony bravia, but I just couldn't pass this up with free shipping and no tax.[/quote]

Wow... I only missed this by 25 mins or so. What a shame, that looks like one hell of a tv, especially at that price.

Samsung is known to stand by they're tv's. You got a steal sir.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']

Samsung is known to stand by they're tv's. You got a steal sir.[/quote]

That's what I wanted to hear. :)

Yeah, I was kinda surprised that LCD HDTV's didn't get a drop like everyone thought. It makes me glad I got my Olevia 32" for $410 after tax last year though.

Also, that Samsung looks nice.

I'm looking for a good 32"-37" HDTV as well, preferably with 720p and around $600, which I know is extremely unlikely but here's to hoping.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I'm looking for a good 32"-37" HDTV as well, preferably with 1080p and around $600, which I know is extremely unlikely but here's to hoping.

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='Dro']You don't need 1080p at "32[/quote]

Exactly. Everything I heard points to the fact that 1080p at 32 is pretty much useless. In some instances actually TAKES AWAY from quality.

There hasn't been too many price drops. A few here and there on sets over $999. I'm actually keeping an eye on a Samsung 32" at circuit city that's on sale till the 7th. The ad says "Save $100. $845 before savings" but has no price AFTER or how you get the savings. I might go have a look see at it either today or tomorrow. Same price at best buy. $845 - the $100. = $745. It's gotten decent reviews.

The only thing I use my TV for is watching DVD's and playing games. I don't have cable and hardly watch regular TV. I wanted something at least with 6ms response time for games, and this has that.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Exactly. Everything I heard points to the fact that 1080p at 32 is pretty much useless. In some instances actually TAKES AWAY from quality.

There hasn't been too many price drops. A few here and there on sets over $999. I'm actually keeping an eye on a Samsung 32" at circuit city that's on sale till the 7th. The ad says "Save $100. $845 before savings" but has no price AFTER or how you get the savings. I might go have a look see at it either today or tomorrow. Same price at best buy. $845 - the $100. = $745. It's gotten decent reviews.

The only thing I use my TV for is watching DVD's and playing games. I don't have cable and hardly watch regular TV. I wanted something at least with 6ms response time for games, and this has that.[/quote]

If you want this TV. Buy it from Amazon. I bought it last month for $730 which is where the price has been fluctuating around since then (only like $10 up or down). You should get free shipping and no tax, so a much better deal IMO then going through a retailer.

Here's the link to it.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']If you want this TV. Buy it from Amazon. I bought it last month for $730 which is where the price has been fluctuating around since then (only like $10 up or down). You should get free shipping and no tax, so a much better deal IMO then going through a retailer.

Here's the link to it. [/quote]

Nice.
I'm temp barred from ordering online for a while though due to some wonderful card # thieves who's balls I want to rip off. If it weren't for that I would jump on it.
How is the TV btw.

[quote name='Nicko']Yea, sorry guys. I don't know what happened to that rumored price drop. Guess maybe the manufacturers maybe got scared by the recent high gas prices and decided to wait longer to drop stuff. I really hope this happens eventually.

Nicko[/quote]

not sure if you have a fry's in your area, but i know they carry the samsung 32" 720p for $599! it's such a steal and has the best picture around.

[quote name='von551']not sure if you have a fry's in your area, but i know they carry the samsung 32" 720p for $599! it's such a steal and has the best picture around.[/quote]

Is this in store sale only?
The FRY'S site has it lised as $849.99

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Nice.
I'm temp barred from ordering online for a while though due to some wonderful card # thieves who's balls I want to rip off. If it weren't for that I would jump on it.
How is the TV btw.[/quote]

Beautiful. Plenty of connections, sharp picture, haven't seen any hd blur yet. It's hard to say anything bad about it IMO. Only drawbacks I can think of are no PIP and the tv/remote are glossy (like a ps3) so they show a lot of fingerprints.

[quote name='von551']not sure if you have a fry's in your area, but i know they carry the samsung 32" 720p for $599! it's such a steal and has the best picture around.[/quote]

Is it the 450 model or 330 model? There's a couple of differences between them (450 is the new series released a few months back)

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Is this in store sale only?
The FRY'S site has it lised as $849.99[/quote]

yes, it's always cheaper B&M with them. I bought my 40" sammy for only $20 less than fry's had it for and i got it at a steal, i should of went with them and not had to wait for delivery. walk one and you'll be amazed at their prices, they usually are the same or better than anything online (amazon, newegg, etc.) i remember seeing a guy that was buying the sammy 32" and said it killed any online prices and he'd been looking for a while.

[quote name='Watchman']Hah, sweet! Glad to know ultimately no one's going to miss out really.[/QUOTE]

Says it's $920 now :(

Missed out on this one. Hopefully will get some more sweet deals again soon.

[quote name='Nicko']Says it's $920 now :(

Missed out on this one. Hopefully will get some more sweet deals again soon.[/quote]

*makes wah-wah noise*

bread's done
Back