Looking For A Brand New (USA) MGS4 80 GB PS3

may be obvious...but have you tried ebay?
why do you want that specific sku? I'm pretty sure you can find other sku and buy mgs4 cheaper than this particular model.

you could always pick up the 40gig model with mgs4 for 400

wouldn't buying a separate ps2 more convenient? less hassle of worrying if this ps2 game will run on my ps3 or not?

anyways best of luck to the TC hope he gets what he wants at a reasonable price? (I wasn't trying to bust any balls; I'm just thinking there might be a cheaper, immediate solution to his needs)

[quote name='dejeckt']wouldn't buying a separate ps2 more convenient? less hassle of worrying if this ps2 game will run on my ps3 or not?[/quote]
PS2 games are upscaled and look slightly better on a PS3, plus you don't need to mess around with memory cards for your game saves. Also, you hookup 1 single unit to the HDTV instead of 2 separate units taking up additional inputs.

Having said that, not all PS2 games will run flawlessly on PS3, unless you happen to have the 20/60GB model.

nvm that was the 40 g one ......

Ebay Cheapest I found was about 600$ with free ship. - 25% (live.com) = 450$
Don't think you will find a cheaper new ps3 80gb with MGS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
@eau
You are correct.

I really do want backwards compatibility. I don't care if it's software or hardware. As long as I can play PS1 AND PS2 games on the PS3, I'm fine.

Sears.com is selling the 80GB MGS4 bundle, however you have to also purchase GH Aerosmith for $600 total.

This is the only mainstream store that I know of that has new MGS4 bundles in stock.

Just get the 40gb version for $400 at amazon and upgrade the Hard Drive to have more then 80gb.

edit: Oh wait i dont think 40gb version has BC....Forget it.

They have 80gb MGS4 bundles? Hmm never heard of them. Wish Sony would end their PS2 line soon, and somehow make the current and future PS3s have backwards compatability. I've become quite dissapointed with my PS2, it won't play my new GOW2 game. :(

How new or old are these 80gb MGS4 PS3 bundles?

These came out in June '08. Some of them were retrieved from the leftover Motostorm bundles, others were newly made in a limited run.

Bah.

That thing at Sears is a bit much; especially considering that I just want the console and not Guitar Hero stuff.

I hate Guitar Hero. It's a lame gimmicky series (and others related) that is currently a fad and a major cash cow.

>_>

I'm also planning on keeping MGS4 sealed and then selling it later for some $$$.

bread's done
Back