Looking for a cheap and reliable PS2 system

SonicChrono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hi, I'm planning to buy a cheap used and reliable PS2 system. I need one for all FF exclusive games and the entire DMC collection (1,2,3SE) that I want to play through by myself. Please help a CAG user out on finding some great deals for me... Thanks in advance.

check your local craigslist. That's probably your best bet, and you can see for yourself how good the system looks. Should be able to get a fat for 40ish.

[quote name='SonicChrono']Craigslist is the only option left for me, right? Even if I'm lucky to search for the fat version for around $40 in my current area.[/QUOTE]

I think it's your cheapest option. Gamestop used systems are 70 at their cheapest, and I would worry about their reliability personally. You probably could do alright on ebay, but same thing with the reliability.

If you are willing to spend a little more and get something that is most likely more reliable, check out the trading forum here. You might find a good deal on there, and most of the traders on here take very good care of their games / systems. I've had nothing but good luck with trades here.

I have a like new one, still in the original box with a second wireless controller and an official sony memory card you are welcome to make an offer on.

[quote name='mang9432']I think it's your cheapest option. Gamestop used systems are 70 at their cheapest, and I would worry about their reliability personally. You probably could do alright on ebay, but same thing with the reliability.

If you are willing to spend a little more and get something that is most likely more reliable, check out the trading forum here. You might find a good deal on there, and most of the traders on here take very good care of their games / systems. I've had nothing but good luck with trades here.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did fine with eBay for a while yesterday, and I didn't win the system from two different sellers at least 24-29 bucks with $10-$15 shipping. That plan failed becaused I got outbided by someone at the last minute when the listing has ended shortly.

On the other hand, I will go with plan B (craigslist) for a while on this week.

If all else fails, plan C is the trading forum...

[quote name='ZForce915']I have a like new one, still in the original box with a second wireless controller and an official sony memory card you are welcome to make an offer on.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.....interesting.

Yes, I would like to make an offer on it. One question: Is it fully operational?

[quote name='Brownjohn']If your local Radio Shack has any, they should be $40.[/QUOTE]

I haven't called my local RadioShack about the ps2 systems being in stock yet.

[quote name='SonicChrono']Hmmmm.....interesting.

Yes, I would like to make an offer on it. One question: Is it fully operational?[/QUOTE]

It is basically a brand new slim unit. The wireless controller is the Logitech brand one that was really well received as a third party controller. I used that one almost exclusively. I don't know that I'm going to be the cheapest option, but I'll be the best quality wise.

[quote name='ZForce915']It is basically a brand new slim unit. The wireless controller is the Logitech brand one that was really well received as a third party controller. I used that one almost exclusively. I don't know that I'm going to be the cheapest option, but I'll be the best quality wise.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Around $40 as best offer for the brand new slim unit w/ LogiTech wireless controller and it's a deal.

[quote name='SonicChrono']Ah, I see. Around $40 as best offer for the brand new slim unit w/ LogiTech wireless controller and it's a deal.[/QUOTE]

You'd be pretty hard pressed to get a PS2 phat for that. I agree with the previous posters to try craigslist.

Alright. It's the only option left for me. I found some good results that have a few people who are selling their PS2 phat/slim system at that price.

>_>

BTW, I go for neither the PS2 phat nor slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back