Looking for a cheap PC monitor (new to buying them).

Sir_Fragalot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys, anyway I am upgrading my laptop to a desktop. I have just ordered the parts for it (I will be leeching off a monitor for now :lol:), but I am going to be buying my own soon. I am looking for something in the $175-$225 range if possible. Hopefully I can find something in the 19 inch variety if possible.

Although I don't have any monitor experience, so I don't know what brands make good quality stuff. Also what should I be looking for when shopping for a monitor? So any suggestions from you guys?

Thanks

Just my two cents: I went 22" and sort of regret it. It's 1680x1050. I wish I had gone with something that has a higher pixel density.

I would suggest, based on my own preference, not to get 22" unless you can get 1920x1200.

[quote name='Koggit']Just my two cents: I went 22" and sort of regret it. It's 1680x1050. I wish I had gone with something that has a higher pixel density.

I would suggest, based on my own preference, not to get 22" unless you can get 1920x1200.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know there aren't any 1920x1200 22" monitors. You have to go up to 23-24" to get that resolution. I only paid $275 for my 24" monitor, so it might be possible to get one for $225 if you wait for a good deal. Here is the cheapest one I found after a quick search.

bread's done
Back