Looking for a cheap pc speaker

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
While I'm obsessed with high quality audio for my home theatre system, I don't give a damn about car and pc audio. I essentially use my pc for the internet, with occasional video viewing, and a few other non sound operations (dvd ripping, streaming etc.). When I play a game it is usually lords of the realm 2, so don't need any good speakers there. But my old speakers broke a while ago. I've been using 10 year old speakers for months now, they were about 10 bucks back then and don't even use a power supply. I just bought a bunch of new upgrades for my pc so I figured I might as well buy new speakers. Does anyone know of any sales or anything? I don't have a fry's nearby, but I have best buy, circuit city, sears office max, staples, compusa, radio shack, cambridge soundworks, target and kmart (don't think anything else around here that carries pc speakers). There's a microcenter, but unless it's a great deal (ie. $100 speakers but 10 after rebate) I'm not driving into cambridge for it. Any of those places have anything for just 10 bucks (20 tops)? Or any online deals right now? For some reason the only flyer I got this week was circuit city, so I can't even check those.

I'm going with either these: ALTEC LANSING 120W 3 Watts 2.0 Speaker - OEM

or these: Logitech S-100 BLK 5 Watts RMS 2.0 Speaker - OEM

Unless there's something better on sale.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']
or these: Logitech S-100 BLK 5 Watts RMS 2.0 Speaker - OEM

[/quote]
I bought these from Newegg with the same instant rebate about a month ago and I like them. I use them in my kitchen to listen to radio shows through my mp3 player (addicted to Loveline and ACS). They sound great and are ok for when they have bands and stuff on as well. I've got a cheapo 5.1 Yahoo! branded surround system on my pc (found it at Big Lots for $20) but if those ever die i'd replace them with these cheap Logitechs. :)

if you wait a while you might be able to catch come on sale...
i bought the creative inspire t3000 speakers (2 speakers and subwoofer, 29 watts total) for $10 after rebate at circuitcity....and yes, i did receive the rebate

I'd recommend getting a good set like the Z-680's or better- that way you only have to buy speakers once. There have not been any sub $200 speakers that have the same audio quality- I have two sets of Z-680's- one for the media machine upstairs/DVD player/Xbox/Game systems, and another for my PC. My wife is using my "old" Klipsch 4.1's.

Good speakers will last longer than any other component- especially if you get the Z-680's (the amp has coax/optical and standard inputs).

bread's done
Back