Looking for a cheap, yet quality gaming television

thegamer4787

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
As the title suggests, I am looking for a new television. I know the basics when it comes to televisions, and I am not too interested in an HDTV right now. Basically, I am looking for a television around the $200 price mark with a screen size around 25" and with S-Video input. My current television is pretty old, and although it still works pretty well, the sound is not all that it used to be, it does not have S-Video input, and I want a sharper picture.

How well the tv handles gaming is also pretty important to me.

Anyway, I was thinking about this tv: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...0028&type=product&DCMP=KNC-TLC&ref=25&loc=MSY

I know a lot of you guys are much more knowledgable than I when it comes to tv's, so if this tv is not a good choice, by all means, let me know. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

yea u should defninitely not pay 200+ for a 27: TV thats not flat.....that in mind, maybe check these out:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sams...20394/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
24" Samsung DynaFlat

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sams...20395/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
27" Samsung DynaFlat
a bit more than you wanted to spend, but its worth it

Samsung is a pretty well-known name, their tv's are comparable with panasonic and sony, but much less. I can tell you from experience, RCA's arent too good, in terms of lasting long.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have heard bad things about RCA televisions as well. I am thinking about buying the 24" tv that was suggested, anyone see any glaring flaws?

Well if I may through in my 2 cents I'd drop by WalMart and pickup the Sanyo 24in flat screen. It has component video,s-video f/r av and Sanyos carry a one year exchange policy with WalMart. Its only $179 SANYO 24" True Flat

[quote name='morpheusxp']Well if I may through in my 2 cents I'd drop by WalMart and pickup the Sanyo 24in flat screen. It has component video,s-video f/r av and Sanyos carry a one year exchange policy with WalMart. Its only $179 SANYO 24" True Flat [/QUOTE]

I have the 27 incher. It is awesome. Component helps.

I'd say get the Sony 24 inch, but the new cabinet designs suck ass.

It's basically going to be Samsung vs. RCA vs. Toshiba for you.

I know Sanyo televisions aren't too great in the picture department. I have an old magnavox and it's good, but I don't know about present day models.

RCA TVs have the highest repair rating in Consumer Reports. Toshiba actually makes the best TUBE TV right now, Sony is a close second.

Samsung is also a great name. Don't buy a brand that you don't know anything about. Memorex, Sylvania, Sanyo, Sansui, all that crap are called tier 3 brands, they use cheap parts that break a lot more often to give you a cheap price.

[quote name='alive741']RCA TVs have the highest repair rating in Consumer Reports. Toshiba actually makes the best TUBE TV right now, Sony is a close second.

Samsung is also a great name. Don't buy a brand that you don't know anything about. Memorex, Sylvania, Sanyo, Sansui, all that crap are called tier 3 brands, they use cheap parts that break a lot more often to give you a cheap price.[/QUOTE]

In consumer reports Sanyo has the least repair records of any brand of TV on the market.

Throughout my entire life, the only two TVs we've ever owned in my house were Sanyos. And we've never had a single problem.

As of now, I am thinking about buying either the Sanyo 24" True Flat or the Samsung 24" Dynaflat. I'm leaning toward the Samsung at the moment, but I will have to look into these televisions a bit more. I also plan on picking up a component cable to use with the my xbox/ps2 to replace the composite cables that I currently use. I assume that the component cables will provide a decent enough visual upgrade considering their relatively low cost.

Thanks for the input so far, keep it coming.

Whatever you do, stay away from Sony TVs... they're pure crap these days. Our old Sony (over 10 years old now, I think) is great but my brother's 24" Sony sucks donkey balls. It started having problems after 3 months of ownership. Sony fixed it free of charge twice and then refused to help even though he had 5 months of the warrenty left.

Oh and yes, RCA sucks too.

Sanyo actually makes some decent electronics... we've had a Santo TV for 3 years now. For the price, it looked almost as good as the other, more expensive TVs and there has been no problems with it.

my two cents. go for a 27 inch for a few extra bucks. youll appreciate the extra picture size. toshiba\panasonic have good tubes. but do a side by side comparison when you get to the store

bread's done
Back