Looking for a deal on a SD card!

oh shit, thanks!

edit: We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service.

[quote name='chodax']thats the same link as the one above! it says i cant use google checkout.[/quote]

Try the kingston 1gb SD card x2. They're $14.99 A/R, so they'll be $10 each for the pair after Rebates and Google Checkout.

If Google checkout still doesn't work for you, get one of the following:

A Different Browser
A Different Buy.com Account (don't even log in, go straight to Google instead)
A Different Computer
A Different Payment Method
A Diff'rent Stroke.

Am I the only person that saw the Office Max circular this week?? Well, at least I think I can help you out. Here's my post from that other SD memory card thread:

I'm not too into mail-in rebates, so I thought I'd post my find today here (couldn't find a better place). Office Max has Toshiba SD cards on sale this week (Nov 12-19). I got a 2GB one for $35, but due to their new ink cartridge "trade-in" program I got it for just $20. No mail-in rebate required. I had 5 empty ink cartridges in an old printer I rarely use, so I took those in for $3 apiece. Not bad considering I used to mail them in (for free) with the Best Buy postage paid recycler envelopes.

I'm not too familiar with SD cards and appropriate prices, since I deal with CompactFlash and Pro Duo's with the devices I have. But it seemed $35 wasn't too bad, and $20 was a great price for a 2GB name-brand card (as opposed to some of those "off-brand" ones Fry's has on sale sometimes). It was especially sweet when I went in to Best Buy afterwards and saw they were selling 2GB SD cards for $99.99 . I know that price is ridiculous, but some people will shell out for that when picking up the Wii next weekend.

In any case, I'm all set for Wii storage now for a while, since I don't anticipate getting too many VC games (I'll put alot of pictures on there though).

(An observation - many people will be overpaying for the memory card because they are thinking in the 'old way' - that the memory card is both proprietary and required for the Wii. I saw some kid who missed the Wii system preorders at EB nonetheless drop $60 to reserve a 1GB card, which is nothing more than a Sandisk SD card made in white with the word "Wii" on it. Looking at EB's web site, they have the 2GB for $99.99!).

Edit - just dug out the ad, the 1GB card is $18 and the 512 MB one is $13.

[quote name='Giygas']Circuit City, Black Friday, 5-11am only

Sandisk 1GB Secure Digital Memory Card - $2.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about that. I'm as much of a cheap-ass as anyone here, but to me it is definitely worth $15 (the difference between the CC BF price and the Office Max sale) to get the card now (and be able to use it in the Wii next weekend instead of after Thanksgiving) and also to not have to get up early on BF and wait in a line at CC for 1-2 hours IF they even have any left (or, god forbid, get in line in a likely freezing rain before they open to "guarantee" one of these cards :roll:). I went out early (I'm a night person so I just stayed up :D) on BF last year and though I did get a cheap MP3 player at CC, the whole experience was less than pleasant (at Best Buy people were lined up around the side of the store in the rain, at CC they had lines snaking all over and it was *very* slow, same thing at Target for fairly crappy deals, and Fry's had lines nearly a mile long through the store).

[quote name='chodax']well this is convenient i guess, buy.com just send me an email about a 2 gb sd card for 20 dollars after google checkout with no MIR and free shipping. I guess ill pick that up.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202493897&adid=17070&dcaid=17070[/QUOTE]

Haha - I got that as well and rushed in here to post it. If I hadn't gotten the Office Max deal I would jump on this. It is a 2GB SD card with a USB adapter/reader included as well. Not bad.

[quote name='chodax']yea i just bought it, i dont think its gonna get here in time for the Wii though, o well :([/QUOTE]

OK, well I feel a little better then. I was also just thinking that I needed to get some kind of card reader if I wanted to load up my SD card with photos from my computer. But I just took a good look at my (work-issued) laptop - lo and behold it has memory card slots right in the front, who knew!?

Man nice deal with Buy.com hitting this up after work...

Well Just Ordered it, had a dilemma however 6.00 bucks for 3-5 days Shipping or 0.00 for 7-9 day. I want it for the Wii so I caved in on the convince fee :whistle2:( . But now heres hoping I get a Wii on Sunday and that I get this before Sunday

Yea it said it would ship in 2-3 days, then will ship out. So i dont think any one is gonna be getting this my Wii launch. The card reader is like perfect though. Ill load it up with some music and listen to it while playing excite truck :)

[quote name='chodax']Yea it said it would ship in 2-3 days, then will ship out. So i dont think any one is gonna be getting this my Wii launch. The card reader is like perfect though. Ill load it up with some music and listen to it while playing excite truck :)[/QUOTE]

The Card reader is what got me I need one for my Notebook... I hope I get it this week but we shall see I got an e-mail saying it would ship in 24hrs I'll update if It ships out

bread's done
Back