Looking for a decent DS

Aegis Runestone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
ter soul-sucking for hours on end in Aria of Sorrow - beating the game with the good ending, I wanted to play the sequel: Dawn of Sorrow for the DS.

My first problem in this was that I do not own a DS and they are expensive (as in, out of my price range). Second was the game.

I knew some people that had been doing DS emulation, so I bit the bullet and went looking for emulators. I've spent probably all day looking for them and I only found one that could emulate Dawn of Sorrow moderately (though at a VERY slow rate - around 10-12 fps). At least I could see the sprites, the chat, etc. However, the emulator crashed right after the first fight in the game.

So... either I wait for the emulators to get better or I get a DS and Dawn of Sorrow.

The problem lays in the DS's price range. I would like one under $50, but chances are, anything like that from EBay is either broken or a hoax. I can get Dawn of Sorrow for a good price however, so the game's price doesn't worry me.

I've checked places like half.com and amazon, looking for a decent price range--one that won't kill my budget and leave me homeless and unable to pay my rent. I'm also trying to save money, but my work schedules are shifting and I don't know what to do.

I was linked here when I posted a similar message on another forum. I have high hopes for something decenet, yet cheap.

Aside from ebay, you probably won't find any huge deals on a ds. They sell way too well to be marked down very much, or very often.

If cash is tight right now, just wait a month and set the money aside and get a DS. Really there are so many grade A games available, $130 is a fantastic deal.

Do not expect links to emulators etc in the thread, against CAg policy.

I found a CAG looking to sell his used DS Lite for $110 so you may be able to find one in that price range if you don't mind used. You may be able to drive the price down if you have some games to trade. Good luck!

If youre lucky you could get one from amazon gold box and get 5% off.Just add a dslite to your wish list and it should eventually come up.Be warned,you can only see whats in your gold box for one hour each day.This is probably the cheapest way youre gonna find one.Good luck op.

Are you just looking for a DSLite or is the bigger DS ok? My cousin is looking to sell her DS Phat (complete w/box and docs + charger + stylus, no scratches on the screens, there are some scratches/scuffs on the top of the DS, no hinge crack, working condition) w/Nintendogs: Labs & Friends (complete) for $90. If you have any interest in this, please let me know. :)

To be frank, whichever works best and has no strings attached. :p I keep you in mind. First, I've got some stuff I might be able sell myself, but that's for a different thread.

check locally on craigslist. Locally in my area I have seen a couple fatty ds's for 75 and 80 and included a game or two. This will be your best bet.

[quote name='Aegis Runestone']To be frank, whichever works best and has no strings attached. :p I keep you in mind. First, I've got some stuff I might be able sell myself, but that's for a different thread.[/QUOTE]

Ok, just let me know. :) If you'd like some pics, I can PM you some.

[quote name='BeAt']get a ds and a r4 the r4 has got ot be the best $60 ive spent[/quote]

... Can you run that by me again in English? o_O;

[quote name='Renald']Ok, just let me know. :) If you'd like some pics, I can PM you some.[/quote]

I would like to see some pictures actually.

[quote name='Aegis Runestone']I would like to see some pictures actually.[/QUOTE]

I pmed you some pictures of the system/game. =)

My two bits, Aegis: If you enjoyed Aria as much as I did, you not only need to get Dawn of Sorrow, but also Portrait of Ruin. I just finished PoR (good ending) two days ago, and I still can't decide which one was the best. Dawn Of Sorrow wins in the music dept, but for gameplay you can't miss out on PoR after you finish DoS.

Well, check your local Kmart first. As well as having that stuff for cheap prices, they're also doing a 30% off clearance items sale right now. If they have them, an Electric Blue Nintendo DS (fatty, not the DS Lite) will only be 45.50 (well, one CAG has reported that price, I'm about to head to my Kmart as well, so I'll double check on that one for ya). And they also have their copies of Dawn of Sorrow for around 6 bucks, although good luck on finding that one.

bread's done
Back