Looking for a decent system selector...

This is what I use...

Philips USA - PH-61153 - 4 x 1 Automatic Selection S-Video/Audio Selector and RF Modulator

I picked up two of them in Walmart for 22.99 apiece, and they perform flawlessly. They're powered, so there is no (noticable)signal loss...and they automatically select the input that's turned on. No more flipping switches.

I cheated a little bit, and used the second one as a component input selector (my 360, PS3, and DVD audio are either optical or coaxial...don't need the rca connections). Works like a freaking charm.

[quote name='MSA']I use the Pelican System Selctor Pro PL-970 Check out the awesome features!! Some BestBuy or Circuit City or even Fry's might have the older style for less.[/QUOTE]

$19.99 @ CircuitCity.com. It supports HD, AV, & S-video.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Peli...26035/catOid/-16559/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Here is another version fron Harts Unlimited for $9 + $6 shipping, with the 5 in 1, standard AV & S-video, no HD though.

With this site and I had a good experience, no shipping problems and etc. I bought a cheap 3rd party Xbox RF switch for a second Xbox unit and it had a better picture & way better/louder sound quality than the 1st party MS version for $19.99 at the time.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1926_10016345

[quote name='MSA']I use the Pelican System Selctor Pro PL-970 Check out the awesome features!! Some BestBuy or Circuit City or even Fry's might have the older style for less.[/QUOTE]

I'd stay away from that one. Unless mine was defective, it makes the picture much darker and adds some noise also. The expensive ones tend to be the best, but the prices are ridiculous ($100+).

[quote name='MSA']I use the Pelican System Selctor Pro PL-970 Check out the awesome features!! Some BestBuy or Circuit City or even Fry's might have the older style for less.[/quote]I can vouch for this one. I've been using that same model for over a year now. However, you do get what you pay for, so you will see some line degradation on your TV.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Kfoster1979 - Are there any online sites you know of that sell the Joytech selector's? Joytech's store is UK only.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine at Best Buy off the shelf... Dont know anywhere online, Ebay?

[quote name='Ma12kez']I can vouch for this one. I've been using that same model for over a year now. However, you do get what you pay for, so you will see some line degradation on your TV.[/QUOTE]

I have an older version with just s-video and it's starting to show lines on input 2 & 3. It lasted a good 3 years before showing the lines.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I can vouch for this one. I've been using that same model for over a year now. However, you do get what you pay for, so you will see some line degradation on your TV.[/QUOTE]

The Pelican PRO version is the one I use. It looks similar to the Joytech version.
You are absolutely correct! You get what you pay for.

bread's done
Back