looking for a external HD deal

squishface

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looking for a Western Digital external hard drive deal. I've been all over the place in various stores and check many websites. The best deal I found so far was amazon and newegg with a 1TB for 99. I did happen to find one for 87.99 but I wasn't able to find it again.

There are some cheap open box deals with newegg but im not sure i want to buy one of those or not. Anyone know of any other places in store or online?

I would really like a 1TB drive, the smallest I will get is a 500gb

Thanks

[quote name='squishface']When I clicked on the link, it's showing up as 89.99?[/QUOTE]

It was 74.99 last night. I didn't have time to order because of finals and now it looks like I missed out.

Bummer.

How long can you hold out? Check slickdeals's homepage daily. I mean, I scored a 2TB external for $108 shipped the other day, which is a lot better than the $75 you were looking at for a 1TB. There are definitely deals out there, but they're often timed, and you're not gonna get hard drive watchers here on CAG.

Also, why WD only? Samsung does a pretty good job with their stuff.

cool thanks, i'll be sure to start checking slickdeals more often. I'm sure Samsung has some pretty good hard drives. Everything I got from them has worked exactly how it was supposed to but I also do not know of anyone who has used their drives either. So I decided with WD. Seagate has too many issues right now for me to spend the money on a product that seems to have too many bad sectors or something?

Just checked amazon and the drive mentioned above dropped back down to 76. It's better then 89. I think im gonna go ahead and order it because its prob gonna take a week but hopefully not to get to my place.

I'm kinda confused on the WD ext drive mentioned above from amazon. It seems to only stay at the $70s price range for a short time.
Anyone else having any luck finding drives.

grabbed a 2tb from new egg at $130 not too long ago
and if your hooking it up to a 360, it has to be formatted to fat32 primary, not secondary

Target has a 1TB Western Digital My Book external hard drive and 500GB Western Digital Passport portable hard drive on sale for 69.99 each this week.

[quote name='TheScythe21']Target has a 1TB Western Digital My Book external hard drive and 500GB Western Digital Passport portable hard drive on sale for 69.99 each this week.[/QUOTE]

WOW that is a deal. Crap it's stores only. Maybe i'll just have to hurry down there to one before I go to work tomorrow night.

Thanks for the heads up, I hope to find one in stock at some target closest to me. 1hr 15mins away to the nearest one.

bread's done
Back