Looking for a good, cheap multiplayer game

yukonrye

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I've got a $10 off coupon for Gamestop and was looking into buying a good multiplayer game. Preferably something with a strong online community.

I've got Battlefield 1943 and it's OK but the game takes at least 30 minutes to connect and I don't have the time to wait.

I was thinking about;
Call of Duty W@W
Red Faction Guerilla
Warhawk

Suggestions?

[quote name='yukonrye']I've got a $10 off coupon for Gamestop and was looking into buying a good multiplayer game. Preferably something with a strong online community.

I've got Battlefield 1943 and it's OK but the game takes at least 30 minutes to connect and I don't have the time to wait.

I was thinking about;
Call of Duty W@W
Red Faction Guerilla
Warhawk

Suggestions?[/QUOTE]

id go with red faction guerilla. codwaw is cheap now but to get the most out of it youll need the map packs which unless theyre still on sale will run you alot of money ( there 3 of them in total usually 10 or 15 bucks a pop).

warhawk is fun and it was on sale on psn as were the expansion packs and i think theres a demo for it and rfg on psn ( rfg demo is just single player where the warhawk demo is a mp demo so youll get a chance to see what its like and if youd like it).

id also suggest uncharted 2 or the new gta set .

I'd get Resistance 2... not so much for the MP but the insanely fun online co-op. I haven't played it in a while so I don't know if it's still got a good community or not...

[quote name='bungletrpg']Why does BF1943 take 30 minutes to connect? :[[/QUOTE]

Never took me more than a minute to connect...

What happens is I select Quick Match, the game says "Joining Game", this lasts for about 3 minutes, then it says game not available. Usually after trying 9 to 10 times I can get in. It has gotten to the point that if I think I want to play in 1/2 an hour I put the controller on the floor and hit the X button with my toe until it connects, while I sit at my computer. The first time I played the game I got in on the second try, every time since has been a wait.

I looked up the problem on ea's forum and a lot of people are still complaining about it. I even tried all the solutions they advised with no luck.

It's too bad because the game is pretty fun.

Burnout Paradise is really cheap and there's always people playing it.

I can also find a game in BF1943 in less than a minute.

[quote name='j-cart']BF 1943

15 bucks from some pretty awesome fun. Find some people to play with online and squad spawn all day.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you read his post at all.

Yeah I connect in less than a minute. Check your connections OP

edit: have you tried deletng and re-downloading the game?

I didn't read that part of his post.

Get Socom Confrontation. Find it for like 9 bucks. Despite what reviews say, its still damn fun.

Warhawk is a very good buy, look at gamestop for it used for like 15 bucks.

I've heard Warhawk is pretty good. As for WaW, don't bother. It's only good if you get the map packs imo, and that's an extra $30 (unless you gameshare).

bread's done
Back