Looking for a good USB tuner

xbltheshadow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Hey, I was looking for a good quality USB TV tuner that I could use for my laptop. Going to college soon so I figured this would be a much more affordable route to go instead of buying a small LCD or something.

I do have a price budget of about 100 dollars. My favorite I found so far is this, but it's a small bit out of my price range. I did a lot of seatrching on this one and suprisingly, It doesn't seem to me that anyone but CC has it for cheaper. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places or something...

What I'm asking is, if anyone can either find a price under $100 for this one, or suggest another one that you have personnaly used, I would appreciate it. Although, the main feature I am looking for is somewhere to input my composite cables for my 360. Thanks alot!

Why not spend like $10-20 for a 360 VGA cable then? If you're looking for something cheap, google for a Adaptec Gamebridge 1410. It's around $25 but it lacks the coaxial. If the coaxial is worth the 75 in diff then get the CC one.

Sorry, I ment Composite cables. My laptop has a VGA output, but not an input, so that's out. But this also looks exactly what I need. It has the TV input, the composite video connector, small enough to fit in my case, and pretty cheap. Looking on search engines, I don't see where yo found it for 25, I see it consistently for around 100, and one open box for 50. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If anyone has a review for this one (I read the Team Xbox one BTW) or can suggest another one, I'll appreciate it.

Edit: And I didn't know if I threw you off by saying it was important for me to connect my xbox to it, I'm looking for a good Tv tuner first, then a way to play my system second.

Amazon for 25. There was a review of it by a CAG member. Try searching for it in the deals forum. If you're using it to watch cable w/o a set top box, the Gamebridge isn't going to cut it as it has no coaxil port, which is why brought it up.

Any suggestion of a cheap USB tuner that will work with Macs? I'm in the same boat as the OP (going off to college, want to bring my Wii), but the GameBridge is Windows-only and I'd really rather not install Boot Camp just for this.

bread's done
Back