Looking for a Laptop between $500-$700

RuenShock

CAG Veteran
I'm not looking to do any serious gaming on it, at most I might use it to play the new Star Trek MMO when it comes out. It doesn't even need to be able to play that at full graphics.

Requirements for Star Trek:
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c
Compatible Soundcard DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM​

Mostly it will be for general web surfing, watching movies (Streaming and downloaded), and a little bit of writing. I also plan to use this as a replacement for my Desktop, since I'm well over due for a new computer. Pretty much any new Laptop, even some of the cheap ones, put my current computer to shame. So no need for the specs on what I currently have.

Thanks to anyone that helps.

[quote name='RuenShock']I'm not looking to do any serious gaming on it, at most I might use it to play the new Star Trek MMO when it comes out. It doesn't even need to be able to play that at full graphics.

Requirements for Star Trek:
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c
Compatible Soundcard DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM​

Mostly it will be for general web surfing, watching movies (Streaming and downloaded), and a little bit of writing. I also plan to use this as a replacement for my Desktop, since I'm well over due for a new computer. Pretty much any new Laptop, even some of the cheap ones, put my current computer to shame. So no need for the specs on what I currently have.

Thanks to anyone that helps.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satel...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264889102&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AS5738DG...ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1264889387&sr=1-4

I'm no expert, but both of these look alright and are within your price range.

[quote name='doubledown']Get the Gateway at Best Buy i3 processor (some say it comes with i5 though), Blu-Ray and other good specs...$499.[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with this one. Mine does have the I5 processor. And I'm glad I picked it up today. It seems bestbuy has removed it from their site.

I gave a City of Heroes a quick tryout on it and it worked great. I don't know how well it will be able to handle Star Trek Online. But then again I don't even know for sure if I'm going to play it or not.

I have a hp tablet pc Id rather not sell on ebay, if interested I can provide pics and what not its a tx2500 3gb of ram i don't remember the specs off hand but you can write on the screen 12.1 screen.

[quote name='phantasyx']I have a hp tablet pc Id rather not sell on ebay, if interested I can provide pics and what not its a tx2500 3gb of ram i don't remember the specs off hand but you can write on the screen 12.1 screen.[/QUOTE]

He bought one from best buy bro

bread's done
Back