Looking for a Legitimate Copy of Windows 7

cynicalaa22

CAGiversary!
I've been looking for the original Windows 7 (meaning not an upgrade disc), since I'm looking to build a gaming PC, and was looking for a deal on a REAL copy of it, no knockoffs or pirated copies. Thanks.

I agree, newegg probably your best bet for an OEM copy. $90 is the average it hovers around I think.

If you or someone you know goes to a university they may sell it cheap. I was able to get Office Pro for about 50.

[quote name='burz88']If you or someone you know goes to a university they may sell it cheap. I was able to get Office Pro for about 50.[/QUOTE]
My school doesn't offer operating systems at any discount. They are actually more expensive than newegg. But they do give us MS Office free.;)

[quote name='burz88']If you or someone you know goes to a university they may sell it cheap. I was able to get Office Pro for about 50.[/QUOTE]Also totally illegal to resell an academic license like that, unless you also qualify as an academic purchaser by being a student.

You will most likely see the Home Premium for roughly $189-$199 depending where you go. Academic and OEM copies may be cheaper, but are tied to the PC you installed it into and can not be transfered or installed on another PC. Meaning depending on the upgrade you do to the PC, you may invalidate your license.

Once in a great while you may find a discount on newegg, but I haven't seen one in a long time. Maybe when Windows 8 is out.

bread's done
Back