Looking for a MMORPG without magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

axylfyre

CAGiversary!
i love mmorpg's but i am wondering if there is one out there that doesn't involve magic, or any sort of spells, casting, mage, etc. It doesn't have to be free, just free from magic.

Check out my Free and Legal PC Game List. I posted a ton of non-magic based MMORPGs.

Peace,
Megazell

I would ask why, but I'm sure I REALLY don't want the answer... Anyway, if I remember correctly, neither Star Wars Galaxies or Anachry Online involve magic. Well Star Wars has the force, of course, which is kind of magic... AO is the better game anyway.

Its not religious or anything..i just dont like magic. i like to see the damage. I like the old slide of hand magic :D
Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='axylfyre']Its not religious or anything..i just dont like magic. i like to see the damage. I like the old slide of hand magic :D
Thanks for the suggestions![/QUOTE]

That kind of magic is "Sleight of Hand" magic. Pulling your thumb off for the kids at a family dinner is more the slide of hand magic.

[quote name='Nikadimas']That kind of magic is "Sleight of Hand" magic. [/QUOTE]
Lolz that exactly what i mean!

Global Agenda is coming out in February. It's an MMO third person shooter, monthly fees are optional but you do have to buy the game.

I tried to add a variable to my Free and Legal Database spread sheet for RPGs and MMORPGs without magic...After finding 3,013 games...the DB keeps crashing LOL.

I think I have to make another one since the game list is now at 18k...

If you find some of the RPGs without magic from the Free and Legal list - Post them here so others can see what your choices were. "Non magic" is too vague.

Ah ok..but is there a list of all of the games? a database perhaps i could go through? I want to see as many as possible, not just the best of. Thank you for your help

[quote name='axylfyre']Ah ok..but is there a list of all of the games? a database perhaps i could go through? I want to see as many as possible, not just the best of. Thank you for your help[/QUOTE]

I have a personal database that I have at home.

A long time ago I posted it on a website and I got a lot of complaints about links that did not work to 'this game sucks'...so I took it down. Kept it to myself pretty much til I started volunteering.

I only post games that work easily (no need to get an emulator, regedit or what not) and that have working links.

It's been converted from Office 95, to OpenOffice to Office 2007...so it has a lot of bugs in it and I never fixed all of the bugs but I sort of like it that way :)

[quote name='axylfyre']Its not religious or anything..i just dont like magic. i like to see the damage. I like the old slide of hand magic :D
Thanks for the suggestions![/QUOTE]

I kind of agree, I have only played very limited MMORPG but I never understood or took the time to figure out all the magic options and just hacked and slashed, which is what I like. But always seemed to get my ass beat down by magic. So I basically just ran around killing animals and got bored of that pretty quick.

I remember one of my friends played one (might have been a star trek type game) that took place in space and you control one or more ships and could join up with other people to take out other groups or game storyline stuff.

This thread makes me want to get back into maybe doing some alternative MMORPG genre game. Thanks!

[quote name='ripsnug']
This thread makes me want to get back into maybe doing some alternative MMORPG genre game. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Ah! Come one come all!

[quote name='KaOTiK']Eve[/QUOTE]

what he said. nothing like gate camping in low sec, I mean...mine that trit!

[quote name='axylfyre']how about we start an alternate mmorpg group? or xfire clan?[/QUOTE]

I think the smart thing to do would be for people to post their gaming times and their games they have...at the same time you can do that in Xfire and Steam so...sounds like it would clutter the board, though.

I've had the honor of playing with some people from CAG and other forum using STEAM and XFIRE...seems to be the easiest thing to get up and running fast.

Thx for the advice Megazell. Also i'd like to keep the suggestions flowing on this thread for other
games also.

I have started playing Age of Armor..seems to be a good non-magic MMORPG. If you have xfire you can add me as clamshellzoo

This game has proven to be good so far, but i would like to keep this thread alive so that others can input good games they have found also.

I tried Age of Armor...it's...Well, I won't say it's bad but I can not recommend it to anyone I know.

The game needs a lot of work.

If you like that game though try ExSteel.

You might try out Project of Planets then. It looks almost just like AoA, but it's better graphics, cleaner one.

[quote name='axylfyre']Well we can write off Age of Armor. When you get past lvl 35, there are magic spells.[/QUOTE]

I posted a lot of non-magic MMORPGs. Take a look at the free game list.

There is one that is all martial arts.

So has anyone found anything good lately? and yes Magazell, i know about the list, we started this thread with it thanks.

I won't..its not because of that..like in the earlier part of the thread..i illusionists for magic, not black magic. Also, read ealier in the thread for the reason for my last comment rag

[quote name='axylfyre']I won't..its not because of that..like in the earlier part of the thread..i illusionists for magic, not black magic. Also, read ealier in the thread for the reason for my last comment rag[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure you got what I was saying. I've read your earlier comments in the thread. In any case, never mind my question.

Hate to say it but magic is in um all (except gun games i guess) photon cannons are just a different name for magic (something that isnt real or exists). I certianly wouldnt get hung up on the word magic, or sparkly lights.. I can understand dislikeing fantasy worlds as it seems 90% of all MMORPG are that. But there are a few that venture into pure guns (but alwasy seem to put some weapon that isnt real or does some impossilbe things).

And when you get down to it a gun does X amount of damage a Fireball does X amount of damage.. nothing but graphics and names are different. Again, no problem if you dont like magic in your games..... thats 100% up to you.

Some people mentioned Fallen Earth (i have not played) but it seems to be about a post atomic earth and should stick with guns I would guess. There are a few martial arts MMORPG games (but Again I would guess someplace in um there is some form of magic). I do believe you are picking the road less traveled and it could be a bit hard to find much. good luck!

I have tried Fallen Earth and think i have found a perfect game! I will continue my search though, so we can find more games like this.

Ok, to be honest, yes my faith is the reason that i dont play games with magic in them. I don't want to jeopardize my eternal soul for a game.

[quote name='axylfyre']Ok, to be honest, yes my faith is the reason that i dont play games with magic in them. I don't want to jeopardize my eternal soul for a game.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you not play games at all then to secure such a promise?

[quote name='axylfyre']Ok, to be honest, yes my faith is the reason that i dont play games with magic in them. I don't want to jeopardize my eternal soul for a game.[/QUOTE]

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back