Looking for a mp3 player...something cheap

bigmit37

CAGiversary!
Would Be able to find anything for around $100...I just need a portable music device..

The problem is I am pretty clueless about mp3's since I have only used discmans my whole life.

I see that if ranges from a gig to 20 gigs..my question is why do people need 20 gigs... I can constantly dl songs from my computer and erase songs right?

So I would be happy with a few playlists on my mp3 player..well at the moment I would be.

So any recommendations please.

Thank you.

I'm down on the shuffle because of the no-screen and the random nature, telling it to play in order from a random spot doesn't count. I'm looking at an iRiver and the mobisomething 1" player, a present for my wife and she really doesn't need massive capacity.

Have you looked at the entipo jukebox? 100 dollars and 20 gigabytes, not the sexiest unit.. but it does the job as well as any other MP3 player

I own a 20gb mp3 player because I import my whole albums and listen to all of them, put over files for school on it, have linux on it, and many other things.

EDIT: that 20gb mp3 is one helluvan ipod.

Here's a recent thread about the same thing, I was in your shoes about 3 weeks ago........
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64975&highlight=player

I ended up getting a Creative MuVo Micro N200 1 GB after seeing it suggested here and then reading a bunch of reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16855102172

It's a flash drive instead of a larger hard drive so there's less that can go wrong with it. I really like it, I keep about 10 cds and several Loveline episodes on it. That's more than enough, hell one episode of LL is about 94 minutes. It comes with a nice lil belt or pocket clip-on protective case also.

I have a dell dj 20 (2nd gen), I've had the little buger for few months now and I love it. it's 169$ well worth the extra 69 bucks. Also, I'm a big creative fan anything by them would be a great investment (thus why I got the Dell DJ, designed by creative).

Check http://pricewatch.com

[quote name='muffinman943']oops, i was wrong when i said the entipo mp3 player was 20 gigs, it is actually 40 gigs.. $100[/QUOTE]
Do you have a link? I searched everywhere and I couldn't find anything.

[quote name='Gojtron']what's wrong with the BB one 2 posts up for same price?[/QUOTE]
Looks pretty good with Fm and voice recorder.

Radio shack has a Olympus M:robe 5 GB player for 100 after a 30 rebate...good reviews, and slick, all black and red lighting...kind of like Kit from knight rider

[quote name='romodome']Radio shack has a Olympus M:robe 5 GB player for 100 after a 30 rebate...good reviews, and slick, all black and red lighting...kind of like Kit from knight rider[/QUOTE]

Do you (or anybody here) actually own this player? I love the look of it, it's cheaper than a Nano (and I have an educational discount with my university), but I've heard kinda mixed reviews.

[quote name='strebor']Do you (or anybody here) actually own this player? I love the look of it, it's cheaper than a Nano (and I have an educational discount with my university), but I've heard kinda mixed reviews.[/QUOTE]

I bought one for my sister and after playing around with it, I wanted one for myself. I have a Dell DJ already though so I must resist.

The build quality is very good and seems to be very durable. Obviously you're going to want to use your own headphones but that's true with almost any mp3 player I think. My only gripe is the software that comes with it. It doesn't have an easy drag and drop feature like the DJ. Instead, it uses some propietary software that you have to link to in order to add, delete, or edit tracks on it. It's annoying, but I think itunes is very similar. If you want more information, head over to www.mrobe.org and read some of the forums there.

That mrobe is freakin sweet. It's out of stock online, but it shows it as instock at every 'shack in town. I may have to go pick one up this afternoon, I've been looking around for one and was keeping an eye on this thread.

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']the only problem with the BB one is taht it uses AAA batteries[/QUOTE]

dont have to worry about the battery dying and then spending a fortune to replace the battery then =P

Check out Target, my local target had some mp3 players on clearence. I saw some from Rio, Memorex, and Sony all around 40-70 dollars. I picked up a Rio 2.5 GB Mp3 player for $50 bucks. Rio is out of business so there may be some warranty issues, but you can't beat the price.

[quote name='muffinman943']oops, i was wrong when i said the entipo mp3 player was 20 gigs, it is actually 40 gigs.. $100[/QUOTE]

Whoa thats mega cheap. Where can I find this and hows the quality..I don't care about looks. Just need a device to listen to music.

best stuff on ebay with hard drives

20GB RCA MP3 PLAYER PLAYERS JUKEBOX 4000 SONG HardDrive $129 buy

itnow
http://cgi.ebay.com/20GB-RCA-MP3-PL...820122119QQcategoryZ48686QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RAVE-MP ARC2.5 2.5GB Hard Drive MP3 Player W/FM Tuner $79.99 buyitnow
http://cgi.ebay.com/RAVE-MP-ARC2-5-...821252960QQcategoryZ73839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rave ARC 5.0 5GB Hard Drive MP3 Player with FM Radio $94.99 buyitnow
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rave-ARC-5-0-5G...708887318QQcategoryZ41911QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bought the Sandisk one from BB.
It's functions are great, sound is good too!
What bites is it's full already and I've only put in like 126 songs =(
I think I might have to convert them all to wma for smaller storage...
Great mp3 player nonetheless.
1 AAA battery estimate 16 hours but havent played it for that long yet so can't verify (close to 6 hrs now and battery still displays full), FM Tuner, Can play from Album/Artist/Favorites/Genre/Shuffle, Sleeper Timer, Voice Recorder, and act as a Storage Drive.

I'm selling a Selling iRiver I-895:

895-angle.jpg

PRODUCT FEATURES :

Plays MP3, WMA & OGG music files (Does not play WRM protected files because of UMS software)
512MB Internal Storage
Plays up to 17 hours of music
Transfers music up to 3X faster (USB 2.0)
Skip-free and sport-ready
Record music from any audio source (no PC required)
FM Tuner & Recorder
Voice Recorder
Store or transfer any file type
Up to 40 hours of battery life.

Supplied Accessories :

iFP-895 music player
iRiver earphones (the soft covers are missing, can be bought at radioshack for cheap)
Sport arm band and carrying case
Neck strap
USB 2.0 cable (PC/Mac)

This is all the accessories I have supplied for it, I am selling it for cheap because I just got a phone with a MP3 player. Recomended for people who have either used iRiver before or knows about computers.

Asking for $60 USD plus shipping (Didn't ask for more because the software CD is missing and also is the Line-in cable)

This retails for around $100 or more! I will also include a AA battery for free!

Local pick-up is available, and will knock $5 off the player for your trouble :D

I use Paypal only!

(Hate do to this here, but I think this could help him)

[quote name='$hady']because it's 512 mb... that price isthe price range, click the link it's the higher end for the 1 gig[/QUOTE]

Ohhh... well that explains it then. :)

I really like the quality of the Sandisk mp3 players. I do aggressive inline skating, and I have my little 256mb Sandisk mp3 player with me all the time. I have fallen on it, dropped it, and even run over it before and it is still only a little scratched up. It only holds about 60 or so songs, but I'm at my computer every morning, so I'll just put music on there that I want to listen to for the day. The battery life is good too.

I got mine from Best Buy when they were clearancing them and had them on sale for $50.

I'm looking for a new mp3 player as well and was wondering if there was anything on the market similar to the ipod video? Or even something that doesn't necessarily play videos but atleast allows you to view photos.

is there any restrictions to putting songs on an mp3 player? im looking for one myself but I have alot of songs on my harddrive from when napster was around and before winmx got closed down. Some of the players say there needs to be special software to import the music. Will I be able to transfer all of the songs i have as well as the albums i have?

You need to have the right format for the music.

I don't know what they are, but you need the right format.

bread's done
Back