Looking for a new 939 Amd Processor

Dragonsbane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hey guys I am looking to up my processor, but not the mobo, I was looking at getting some dual core cpu's, so I was wondering if you guys know of any good deals on some processors. Also it seems to me that any dual core I go with will be at most 3 ghz, does the speed not matter as much if it is a dual core? Any way any help would be appreciated guys, looking for something over 2.0ghz.

dang! I thought you my want a single core. I have 3200+ I want a dual core as well. You wouldn't happen to have an asrock board would you? Anyways... The cheapest I've seen is on Newegg of course. However; the 939 dual cores are becoming hard to find. I'm thinking about keeping my existing computer or just selling the whole thing on ebay and getting a core2 duo. BA. Good luck to you on your CPUsearch.

[quote name='jughead']dang! I thought you my want a single core. I have 3200+ I want a dual core as well. You wouldn't happen to have an asrock board would you? Anyways... The cheapest I've seen is on Newegg of course. However; the 939 dual cores are becoming hard to find. I'm thinking about keeping my existing computer or just selling the whole thing on ebay and getting a core2 duo. BA. Good luck to you on your CPUsearch.[/QUOTE]

I have a asus, btw guys how would you over clock your processor, at install or with software? Never had to do it before. Thanks for the replys so far.

I would definitely go with a dual core, it makes multitasking smooth as butter.

As for OCing, there's more to OCing then just downloading software and telling it how fast you want it to go.:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']I would definitely go with a dual core, it makes multitasking smooth as butter.

As for OCing, there's more to OCing then just downloading software and telling it how fast you want it to go.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I know that there is defiantly a heat issue, so how much more is there?

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I know that there is defiantly a heat issue, so how much more is there?[/QUOTE]

Processor stability, processor volts (heating issue, as you mentioned), memory speeds, memory volts, memory to processor ratios, mobo capability and maybe more depending on what your components can or cannot do.

If you have value ram, you might as well forget about OCing. Memory is what usually kills it. Google it and read some articles. Then decide if you want to and/or if you can OC your processor.

[quote name='Lenord']I just noticed it is out of stock, but if it comes back in stock it is a good price on a 4400+

Here is a good price on one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103045

I have a 3800+ X2 and love it. You will really enjoy the dual core.[/quote]

Socket 939 was discontinued late last year. If you are looking for something that is socket 939 buy what you can, because nothing new is being manufactured. Once they're gone, they are gone.

[quote name='n25philly']Socket 939 was discontinued late last year. If you are looking for something that is socket 939 buy what you can, because nothing new is being manufactured. Once they're gone, they are gone.[/QUOTE]
Would it pay off for met to get a new mobo and processor? And If I do will I have to reinstall all of my apps?

If you get a new mobo, you copy of Windows might not work if it's an OEM copy.

Unless you want the latest and greatest, there's no point in upgrading to something else.

I think you'll fine with 939 for another year or two if you get a good enough chip now.

My copy of win is a copy that I bought for my built pc, its not a dell or anything like that, So its isnt custom or anything, so do you think that it would ok? It was a oem ver that is sold to manuf (got from newegg.com)

[quote name='Dragonsbane']My copy of win is a copy that I bought for my built pc, its not a dell or anything like that, So its isnt custom or anything, so do you think that it would ok? It was a oem ver that is sold to manuf (got from newegg.com)[/QUOTE]

Nope, if it's OEM then it won't work with a new mobo. It's tied to that brand and model of mobo, meaning you can replace the mobo with a new one exactly like it but not a different model.

bread's done
Back