Looking for a pouch for the dslite.

DT778

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
My little brother is looking for a pouch for his dslite that only holds the lite so that he can protect it from scratches while he carries it in his pocket. Know where I could get one?

[quote name='DT778']My little brother is looking for a pouch for his dslite that only holds the lite so that he can protect it from scratches while he carries it in his pocket. Know where I could get one?[/QUOTE]

ciruit city should have one. They had a couple of designs when I went in last. Toys R Us had some too, but not as much.

[quote name='ZForce915']ciruit city should have one. They had a couple of designs when I went in last. Toys R Us had some too, but not as much.[/quote]
Circuit City and Gamestop should have the Mario Sleeve Kit for $9.99. It comes with a pouch, a cleaning cloth and mario skins. The pouch is perfect for pockets. You can even (carefully) cut off the rubber logo and belt loop to make it super-slim.
Toys R Us has a pink one that comes with 3 styli.

Back in the day, I got a form-fitting leather case for my GBA SP made by Pelican called the SP Glove. I wish they'd make one for the DS Lite. It barely adds any bulk or size at all, and it does the job. I haven't found one I really like for the DS Lite yet.

Try to get the white one as some CAGers have reported that the matte finish (like the hinges) become stained by the sleeve.

Dscf0943edit-1.jpg

I use this temporarily. I know I'll need something more substantial once I amass more games, but currently it's great for avoiding scratches, and it fits well in the pocket.

[quote name='dementia_']
Dscf0943edit-1.jpg

I use this temporarily. I know I'll need something more substantial once I amass more games, but currently it's great for avoiding scratches, and it fits well in the pocket.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say that... It's a perfect fit and is way more usefull than putting a PSP in it since PSPs still get scratched in the pouch...

[quote name='Vinny']Try to get the white one as some CAGers have reported that the matte finish (like the hinges) become stained by the sleeve.[/quote]

I've found this to be entirely untrue, having been using a blue one since the lite came out. I've even had it in my sweaty-ass pocket w/ no problems.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']I've found this to be entirely untrue, having been using a blue one since the lite came out. I've even had it in my sweaty-ass pocket w/ no problems.[/QUOTE]

Really? I know I saw at least two or three CAGers say otherwise... but with the red and black cases.

[quote name='rabbitt']Couldn't you just use the slip the DSlite came with to prevent scratching?[/quote]

The styrofoam thing? Would probably disintegrate pretty fast.

-HM

Actually, that's what I've been doing since I got mine 2 weeks ago and it's held up fine. I'm planning on getting the Hori Compact Pouch once the white and gray one is back in stock so it's been the only thing I've had. Not real worried about it since I need to exchange my DS Lite anyway but the Best Buy here is still out of stock.

[quote name='DT778']is the mario sleeve kit similar to this one?
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-14zl.html[/quote]

Kinda, but not really. The mario kit sleeve doesnt have a drawstring close on it. It has a velcro tab that closes over the open end of the sleeve. I have the white Mario kit sleeve and once I took all the straps and clips and crap off of it, it was great! But this one you linked too looks kinda sweet too.

I saw the mario sleeve at Toysrus last night when I picked up my lite, but it was 19.99 instead of 9.99. is it only 10 at CC? If it's 10 for sure ill head up there later tonight.

My mario sleeve kit came with my DS lite for free when I got it at Circuit City. I got the red one and it definitely left stains on the bottom rubber bumpers and the hinge. I've since exchanged my lite and now I wrap it in the included styrofoam then put it in the pouch for double protection!

[quote name='Risky']My mario sleeve kit came with my DS lite for free when I got it at Circuit City. I got the red one and it definitely left stains on the bottom rubber bumpers and the hinge. I've since exchanged my lite and now I wrap it in the included styrofoam then put it in the pouch for double protection![/QUOTE]

Try running the sleeve through the wash once or twice (cold wash only) to set the color. You shouldn't have any trouble with the color rubbing off on the DS after that.

[quote name='rabbitt']Couldn't you just use the slip the DSlite came with to prevent scratching?[/QUOTE]

Before I got my hori compact pouch I jerry-rigged a case out of my Intec hard aluminum DSfat case where I put the DS in the packing slip, and laid a GBA game in a case on top of it, so that depth-wise the fit was snug. It could still tilt form side to side, but once it was in my backpack it would settle into a position where it wouldn't keep shifting. It worked, but was a bit of a pain in the ass to pack up.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']I've found this to be entirely untrue, having been using a blue one since the lite came out. I've even had it in my sweaty-ass pocket w/ no problems.[/quote]

I've been using the same pouch and, other than a little minor dye transfer to the bottom rubber bumpers, I've had no problems. I am keeping a keen eye out, though!

thanks for the help cags. CC only had bulky kits and Toys r us had the mario kit but it was $20. Bestbuy has this one which looks like the best option. Too bad they don't have it in white. It also has some belt clip velcro shit in the back but he could just cut it off.

I have a question, if you have a GBA cartridge in your DS Lite, will it still fit in the Mario Sleeve Kit?

^^^ Probably. I think the Mario pouch is stretchy enough to be able to fit the DSL and GBA game installed.

BTW, I know it may sound odd but I made my own pouch out of a sock. Yes, literally! I cut the foot off of it (it had a hole in it) and just used the top of the sock, turned it inside out and sewed the end. Turn it out and it's done. Fits like a glove....err sock.

I just ordered the white/gray Hori Compact case since it's finally back in stock again. Should be here in a week, I'm looking forward to it.

bread's done
Back