Looking for a PS3 Game to Play Online

DCJ83

CAGiversary!
I've had my ps3 for about 3 months now, but I don't really have any good Online Multiplayer games for it. I was thinking of getting Killzone 2, or 1 of the Resistance games, but I'm not sure if a lot of people still play those games online. Can anyone recommend any good PS3 Exclusive games that have a good amount of people playing Online still?

Anytime i've played KZ2 people have been playing it up the wazoo, so it's still popular enough to fill rooms. MAG is okay, but at least more than half of the community is already gone. When it came out, people had already overplayed the beta, so I guess they were tired of that. There's also the Uncharted 2 multiplayer. I can still go through plenty of rounds full of people as well. I'm sure Mod Nation also has a lot of people, especially since it's one of the newer exclusives.

Why do you only want "Exclusive" PS3 games? If you don't have it on 360 or something, Battlefield Bad Company 2 was awesome online Multiplayer IMO.

We have a CAG Socom clan that plays every Tuesday and Sunday at 10pm EST. We usually get anywhere from 8-12 people on those days. You can probably find the game for $10-$15.

[quote name='jousley']Why do you only want "Exclusive" PS3 games? If you don't have it on 360 or something, Battlefield Bad Company 2 was awesome online Multiplayer IMO.[/QUOTE]

For Multiplatform Games with Multiplayer, I tend to stick with the 360 version mainly since I always thought the 360 version had better Online. But like I said, I haven't played an online game yet for the PS3, so I wouldn't know what Online Play is like for the system.

There is a much steeper learning curve/noob factor with KZ2 with the classes and such. But if you can accept that - its the way to go IMO.

Uncharted 2 is very good but it seems I can only ever find deathmatch games. Which for me gets old.

Believe it or not, Warhawk still has a pretty active community. That'd be my darkhorse suggestion.

There are always people online for Uncharted 2, though Deathmatch and Plunder are the most popular ones. There are also co-op arena stages which can be cool, and three co-op campaign levels which can be good if you don't mind getting stuck with newbies (I think majority rules for level of difficulty, and there are more newbies who play on easy/normal than elite players who play on hard/crushing).

Red Dead Redemption

That's all I'm saying, since I'm a bit perturbed at R* for finally doing like the other devs and gouging for online mp packs like every other greedy dev out there instead of giving us the abilities they're now trying to sell us right on the disc for FREE.:roll:

bread's done
Back