Looking for a really cheap Xbox Power Supply Unit

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I had an incident two weeks ago that fried my Xbox, which I'll put in spoilers what happened. But needless to say, after testing it with an borrowed power supply, the only thing that ended up damaged was the power supply.

I started looking around and trying to find one for around $20 shipped. There are a couple sites that have it for that price, but the sites are questionable. That ones that are trustworthy seem to be charging $50 + shipping for one, which at that price, it would be better to buy a new system.

So is there any reputable site that sells them cheap? Had to ask, since I don't want to buy a new system, since that would mean losing my saves & everything else in the system is undamaged.

As for the story
Time Warner Cable came out to fix a line on 7/20 and didn't follow company procedure. If they did, they would've knew that the power line was near the cable line. So as soon as they grounded the cable line, it went to the power line. Which sent a surge throughout the house, frying a TV, my PC tower & my Xbox.

Time Warner Cable won't reimburse for the damage, since they say "it's the power company's fault". So I'm left replacing all the damaged stuff. Already bought a $300 tower to replace the old PC and replaced a fuse in the TV to get it working again. Now all that's left is getting a new power supply for the Xbox.

[quote name='tangytangerine']I had an incident two weeks ago that fried my Xbox, which I'll put in spoilers what happened. But needless to say, after testing it with an borrowed power supply, the only thing that ended up damaged was the power supply.

I started looking around and trying to find one for around $20 shipped. There are a couple sites that have it for that price, but the sites are questionable. That ones that are trustworthy seem to be charging $50 + shipping for one, which at that price, it would be better to buy a new system.

So is there any reputable site that sells them cheap? Had to ask, since I don't want to buy a new system, since that would mean losing my saves & everything else in the system is undamaged.

As for the story
Time Warner Cable came out to fix a line on 7/20 and didn't follow company procedure. If they did, they would've knew that the power line was near the cable line. So as soon as they grounded the cable line, it went to the power line. Which sent a surge throughout the house, frying a TV, my PC tower & my Xbox.

Time Warner Cable won't reimburse for the damage, since they say "it's the power company's fault". So I'm left replacing all the damaged stuff. Already bought a $300 tower to replace the old PC and replaced a fuse in the TV to get it working again. Now all that's left is getting a new power supply for the Xbox.
[/quote]
You know, if you can prove they didn't follow procedure, you should be able to force them to replace the stuff for you.

I don't know how it is where you live, but in my city, you may be able to force them to reimburse you. I work for the Public Works department, and it is a law that you have to call for locates before digging anything. If they didn't do locates, it is their fault they hit the power line. If they did do the locates, and the power cables were in the wrong spot, you should be able to go after the power company that put them in for not following procedure.

I'd recommend going to the public works office near where you live, and check with them about what should have been done.

It didn't have anything to do with Time Warner digging a line underground, it was due to power line that runs in the ground under the house. Where the cable line was underground, there was nothing else there. According to the power company, it was a freak incident and pretty damn lucky that it didn't cause a fire in the house. Which something like this happened to a house up the street and caused a fire in the attic.

The power company can't give a statement due to the type of call it was, so there's no documentation. Because of that, Time Warner Cable won't pay for the damage. So I'm still looking for a power supply for my Xbox.

Oh, great, I pick the one auction on ebay where the seller refuses to send because he lost a PP dispute to someone else.

Looks like I'm still looking for one.

bread's done
Back