Looking for an HDTV

Tromack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just as the title says. I just got a signing bonus for my job after college and being the dumbass that I am, I am spending it on an HDTV. I'd like something under 3000, and I'm not the worried about size. That being the case if anyone knows of any particularly badass rear projection HDTV's I'd appreciate the help.

[quote name='Odenat']you can buy open box floor models if you wanna be a true cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

I'm more concerned with quality than price on something like this.

[quote name='Odenat']you can buy open box floor models if you wanna be a true cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

Best way to go is costco, check to see if there's any boxes there for the tv, if there aren't you can knock off at least a good $100-$200 if you are nice and not an a$$hole. Not to mention the return at coscto if it anything goes wrong. Also make sure that the HDTV reciever is built in, otherwise you're going to have to spend another bit of money. I honestly don't understand the need to get HDTV so soon, it won't really hit till 2009 but till then there are, what, 27 channels of somewhat HDTV?

[quote name='sonderiaom']Best way to go is costco, check to see if there's any boxes there for the tv, if there aren't you can knock off at least a good $100-$200 if you are nice and not an a$$hole. Not to mention the return at coscto if it anything goes wrong. Also make sure that the HDTV reciever is built in, otherwise you're going to have to spend another bit of money. I honestly don't understand the need to get HDTV so soon, it won't really hit till 2009 but till then there are, what, 27 channels of somewhat HDTV?[/QUOTE]

I never said it was a rational desire. And I watch DVD's / play games a lot more than I watch TV anyway.

[quote name='Tromack']I never said it was a rational desire. And I watch DVD's / play games a lot more than I watch TV anyway.[/QUOTE]

*cough* sorry, just a personal opinion, not that I'm not going to help you out of course, Here. It's the best I could find, considering resolution which you wanna watch for and brightness and all that. Only problem is that it only has one of the RGB inputs, but there's always a splitter for that instance.

It makese sense to me to go into the store and look at the tv's as they are on, running and you get an idea for what it actually looks like, rather than just a stock picture off the web. YOu have no idea to actually how sharp it is, or how the colors are. Go into a store, look at all of them.... find one you like... tadaa!

Check out Best buys magnolia section... yeah yeah best buy i know, but the magnolia is quite impressive and if you know anyone who works there and is willing too, they can get 2-3 thousand off. Good luck and congratulations on your bonus!

Check out these two sets. Highly recommended. They are Plasma though. Plasma burn-in is a myth now by the way. They have fixed this problem. At least after you do a good break in for the first 100-1000 hours.

Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK
Panasonic TH-42PD50U

Checkout visualapex.com or onecall.com for these. CheapyD got one similar to these, but slightly more expensive.

I'll post in this instead of making a new thread. I'm also looking for a HDTV, I'm looking for a 50 to 60 inch tv somewhere around the price of 1,000-1,500. It would also be nice if the store has something like 1 year no interest.

Don't waste your time, money, and resources financing such a luxury item. It would be better to hold out until you have the cash in hand.

Prices are constantly dropping on these new televisions. Just hold out until you can afford something you like.

[quote name='b3b0p']Don't waste your time, money, and resources financing such a luxury item. It would be better to hold out until you have the cash in hand.

Prices are constantly dropping on these new televisions. Just hold out until you can afford something you like.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree but funny enough....I saw the XBOX 360 at the store and it was attached to an HDTV. Damn the picture was nice!

I wish HDTVs were cheaper....

[quote name='b3b0p']Don't waste your time, money, and resources financing such a luxury item. It would be better to hold out until you have the cash in hand.

Prices are constantly dropping on these new televisions. Just hold out until you can afford something you like.[/QUOTE]

I'm a poor college kid, taking 80 bucks out of a paycheck a month isn't bad at all though. Thats why I'm all for 1 year no interest kinda thing.

Damn I want a new LCD, but I still cant pull the trigger. Since im not buying a 360 right a way, I think I can wait. Still some tempting deals out there.

bread's done
Back